54 minutes ago, Jnr4817 said:

I dont have an initserver.sqf

That's what i thought might be the problem. As per the instructions you need to add the required line to initServer.sqf. So create the file, add the line and you should be good to go. 

2 hours ago, beno_83au said:

That's what i thought might be the problem. As per the instructions you need to add the required line to initServer.sqf. So create the file, add the line and you should be good to go. 

Ahh, for my own info. Why the initserver over the localplayer.sqf?

Thanks

• Like 1

Event Scripts

Check that link. Not necessarily "over" it, but one runs on the server only and the other runs on the client only. So they both serve a specific need for running things server/client side.

Updated.

v1.1:

Added - Option to turn green/red indicators on or off (via initServer.sqf - see readMe.txt).

Fixed - Client would attempt to run initialisation even if server had not yet compiled functions.

Thanks for the input everyone. Six days off now, soooo I'll see how much headway I can make towards breaching doors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Updated.

v1.1:

Added - Option to turn green/red indicators on or off (via initServer.sqf - see readMe.txt).

Fixed - Client would attempt to run initialisation even if server had not yet compiled functions.

Thanks for the input everyone. Six days off now, soooo I'll see how much headway I can make towards breaching doors.

AWESOME!!!

3 hours ago, beno_83au said:

Six days off now, soooo I'll see how much headway I can make towards breaching doors.

Even more AWESOME!!!!

• Haha 1

Hello everyone. Update on the door breaching:

This is basically just proving the use of my current system on doors, so there's a bit more work to be done for it to be released. A good example of that is shown towards the end with the last breach. Even though I'm behind a building wall I still get the effects because of the way I'm using checkVisibility. For now it ignores the building in it's check, which was required for the effects to work when breaching a outdoor wall as per the current release. And there's a few more that I haven't gotten to the point of worrying about yet, just wanted to get a working demo for myself to expand off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 5/28/2018 at 9:20 AM, beno_83au said:

Updated.

v1.1:

Thank you !!!!! for adding this feature

• Like 1

Wow that is brilliant, well done creating this beauty

This community never fails to impress me

• Thanks 1

How is the door breaching going? We are using the hell out of the wall breaching.

• Like 1

@Jnr4817 That's good to hear! I can successfully breach doors with all the disorientating effects of the wall breaching. The problem is though, I've been slowed down by work and getting crook. So it becomes a lot to process for my tired/infected head. But it's progressing. 

• Like 2

All good homie. You've done a great job so far.

Ok. To all who are interested, this is a bit of a progress update. About two weeks ago i hit a wall (hehe) with restructuring files and folders, and with incorporating what i had working on doors into the already existing wall breaching system. Then, the weekend just gone i was fairly sick. But, after about an hour of mucking around tonight i got things back on track, and function breaking bugs have known causes (and sloppy, temporary workarounds).

So at the moment everything works. I just need to keep working on what's left to ensure it'll keep working, and clean up the scripts.

• Like 4

Another update, this time as a short video:

I'll make sure it's working as it should be in MP over the weekend and release. Next week I'll try and work on a new way to handle the charges/walls/doors to solve the issue shown in the video.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey Beno, awesome work!  Thanks for putting in the time, effort and releasing it to the community.

Does this work on dedicated server?

• Thanks 1

The update looks great mate.  Regarding doors opening and charge staying in place in mid-air, why not lock the door when charge is placed on it?  Seems like we would want to use charges on locked doors mostly anyway.  Just an idea, this is really cool no matter what.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kMaN175 said:

Does this work on dedicated server?

Yes. It was made from the start to be MP compatible. 

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

why not lock the door when charge is placed on it?

That is certainly something that i had considered, and is still on the cards. And while it would make sense to save the charges for locked doors (depending on the scenario), breaching an unlocked door will still mess anyone up, as i so skillfully demonstrated on myself lol.

• Like 3

Great progress. Id like to use for unlocked and locked doors.

Love the stun affects too.

• Like 1

Updated.

v2.0:

Changed - MIL_WallBreaching now becomes MIL_ExplosiveBreaching.

Changed - Folder structure was almost completely re-worked.

Changed - Breaching has now been expanded to include building doors.

Changed - Action names and priorities were adjusted for better organisation.

Added - Two variables to check if a unit's lifeState == "INCAPACITATED" have been added to account for conflicts with other lifeState checks that may be in use on other scripts (see OP for more detail).

Added - More crazy arse ArmA magic to facilitate door breaching.

There have been a number of other changes, fixes and additions that don't necessarily need mentioning, but have improved the function none-the-less.

Door breaching isn't perfect, and may result in some immersion breaking instances. Door breaching, as far as I have tested, should still work as intended. Mainly, avoid using multiple charges on the one door. Multiple charges on walls will still be dealt with as they always have been.

I have initial ideas/plans for a new way of handling breaching, so hopefully they work out and this continues to improve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A little bit of a door breaching demo (24s):

• Like 4

6 hours ago, beno_83au said:

A little bit of a door breaching demo (24s)

Beautiful!  You've nailed it man.  Love how barricaded guy not stunned but others were. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Love how barricaded guy not stunned but others were.

:yeahthat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Love how barricaded guy not stunned but others were. 

Inside 5m and unprotected, and you're gonna have a bad day. 

• Haha 3

My efforts to move the handling of breaching charges and their effects into a new system has gone very well and as far as I can tell bug free (famous last words?). Along the way there have been some other minor changes that I'll list with the next release. However, a major change is the move away from relying on the action menu for everything, which will allow for charges to be managed far more easily for the end user. Below is a screenshot of a dialog I've been working on to help handle the charges. Two action menu commands are all that is used now (one to bring up the dialog, one to set the charge in the required position). Upon opening the dialog, the left menu will appear. Clicking on "Individual Charges >>" will bring up the right menu. A red button means that action is unavailable, a grey button means that action is available, and available actions turn green when hovering over them.

*In this situation, I've only placed a single bomb onto a door (the Door0# and Wall0# are scripted in for sizing adjustments for now). So, because there is no bomb on any walls, "Detonate All Walls" is unavailable. "Attach Charge" is also unavailable because cursorObject isn't returning a breachable surface (it's returning the explosive charge I placed).

303104C34537DE92B74225F61E86BE1E1792E26F

p.s. I hate dialogs :hang:

• Like 5