8T509V5.png

UNITED KINGDOM SPECIAL FORCES

A BRITISH ARMED FORCES MODIFICATION

CREATED BY JOINT FORCES COMMAND G8 STAFF

WHAT ARE YOU MAKING?

We are making a single source British special forces pack bringing equipment, weapons and other kit used by UKSF elements during the 2016-2020 timeframe. The mod will be dependent on 3 Commando Brigade's Weapons mod.

The estimated/planned list of items and features for our initial release:

• Equipment:
    1. Ops Core FAST Maritime Ballistic Helmet
    2. L3 PVS-31A BNVD
    3. 3M Peltor Comtac XPI
  • Small Arms:
    1. L119A1 10"
    2. L119A1 16"
    3. L119A2 10"
    4. L119A2 16"
  • Small Arm Accessories:
    1. SureFire FA556-212
    2. SureFire FH556-212A
    3. SureFire FH556-216A
    4. SureFire SOCOM556-RC2
    5. SureFire SF3P-556-1/2-28
    6. SureFire 556 BSD

WHEN WILL YOUR MOD BE RELEASED?

They will be released when we are satisfied enough with the amount and quality of content prior to release. 

CAN YOU MAKE-?

We currently are not taking any requests as we have already established what we intend to create, anything else happens when it happens.

HOW CAN I HELP?

If you have skills that can aide in the development of the mod such as: modeling, config writing, and texturing; or if you are a member of the armed forces who wishes to advise submit a private message to myself, or contact N.Home or S.Greer on our teamspeak at: TS.JFCHQ.UK.

We are especially looking for a 3D artist comfortable with soft surface modeling, and a second config writer.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Looks good, quick question though.

Are you going to create new uniforms or using the vanilla or modded one?

Good luck  with your project ;)

Looking at doing uniforms in subsequent updates, I'm only really proficient at hard surface modeling at the moment so it's largely dictated by the skillset of the team.

But yes, most definitely in the plans.  

• Like 1

Good luck with this, guys! More British kit is always welcome. :grinning:

Thanks guys,

Here's a small #greeneyesseethiccthighs update on the PVS-31A, still blocking out the geometry for the Wilcox L4 G22E mounting arm (a lot more work figuring out how to piece it together than I bargained for) and then do a high poly pass on it. Once that's done, I'll start on the Ops Core and the Comtac XPI. Hoping to have all the high poly work done for the Ops Core, XPI, and the 31s in 3-4 weeks (school schedule is a bit nuts right now).

eb19022f3873deb0b6e657bfcdc25527.png

Stay tuned.

• Like 8

Really looking forward to this, UKSF is underappreciated compared to their US SOF counterparts in arma.

Small update: So I had some free time after exams to finish the high poly mesh for the PVS-31As (images below). Right now I'm working on the low poly version right now trying to get it to between 6000-7000 verts, and I started on the Ops-Core FAST Maritime.

Spoiler

0b1437eb7413feb9318dcec7a56bbfa7.png

54f441edd15243d314c7bcd2a46d05b4.png

5cc3b826f7d1a13ec1962f0a8dd6f1c7.png

We have also established a discord (when in Rome, do as the Romans do) for our G8 Staff to interact more quickly with end-users and to isolate mod development from JFC's member discord.

Discord Link

Lastly, since I know a few of you are probably wondering, here is the full planned (open to change) list of content and features.

• Like 4

Recent post removed

Just a reminder:

10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion.