Sign in to follow this  
quickQuestion

downloading and viruses.

Hi everyone.

i was just curious as to what if anything you guys do when downloading unofficial content for arma/opf with regards to viruses and stuff. i used to use virustotal.com for downloads but the limit is 128mb and generally i like to download entire campaigns that are much larger than this. a few of the things i am wanting to download are outside of bohemia.net, armaholic and the usual sources so i dont know weather they can be trusted. so anyway, anyone got any advise ?

cheers.

dean.

If its not on the "usual sources" that should immediately raise red flags surrounding the content. If you're getting your content from elsewhere, odds are it contains stolen/ripped assets at the very least. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quickQuestion said:

a few of the things i am wanting to download are outside of bohemia.net, armaholic and the usual sources so i dont know weather they can be trusted. so anyway, anyone got any advise ?

What content are you looking to download?

Always have an anitvirus running no matter the site you go to, an untrusted site is the least of your worries if you dont have an antivirus running in the background.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 3:46 PM, Gunter Severloh said:

What content are you looking to download?

the two links in the video description there and also

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/LqSK/pqnB9aCY6/campaigns/Retaliation-I-EU.exe

as for not having any antivirus, well my gaming computer the only websites ive been going on are official arma related ones or youtube/google. i have an old macbook for everything else.

Always use an antivirus when online no matter what your running, site looks, ok but i would have your antivirus running, and scan the files you decide to download,

theres always OFP.info site, but idk if thats up where you can download, one of the guys is hosting everything for OFP as far as im aware.

• Like 1

Just scan it with Windows Defender before you run it :)

'Malwarebytes Premium', costs me £20 per year and is like a steel door. I use mods for ETS2, anyone that is familiar will know the sites these tend to be distributed from are really bad, but its very hard to get the mods any other way.

That said, MB/Premium locks every found 'dodgy' site out for good. Plus I then scan the DL with MBytes and not had a single problem in the years I've used it.