June741

missionsPBO How to do the split run?

Why is the missions file read from a dedicated server not complete?

When I read the missionsPBO file from other COOP servers, I found it was impossible to generate tasks on my own client. MissionsPBO seems incomplete?

How did it do that?

I also want to learn this ability.

Because I found that only the contents of the missionsPBO are separated, and the FPS will increase. Play more smoothly...

• Confused 1

Uhh... Not 100% understanding you. Maybe server-side code? Is this your mission or one you got from MPMissionsCache?

18 hours ago, June741 said:

Why is the missions file read from a dedicated server not complete?

To prevent others from stealing your mission.

Cheers

• Like 2

22 hours ago, HazJ said:

Uhh... Not 100% understanding you. Maybe server-side code? Is this your mission or one you got from MPMissionsCache?

I'm so sorry, I don't know how to speak English, I'm using Google translation

21 hours ago, HazJ said:

I thought @June741 was asking how. (:

Yes, I want to know how to use this method successfully, and I think this can improve the FPS

21 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

To prevent others from stealing your mission.

Cheers

I'm not trying to steal missions. I just found that this way will be very smooth. So I'd like to learn this way and use it on my server.

This is a bit of a touchy subject but in short: The details of it depends on what exactly your code is supposed to do. 

The basics:

1 Move relevant code to the server

2 When client needs certain data you send a request to the server which then computes and returns the data to the client. 

If done right client performance would be slightly improved, especially if its heavy-lifting code that's moved to the server, but you have to be careful with your data transfers or the network perf will take a hit. The trade-off is that the server gets more work which also can impact the client's experience.

The main use for this technique really lies in that it protects the code that is on the server from unauthorised access. 

Some relevant commands:

preprocessFile

loadFile

remoteExec

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrcurry said:

This is a bit of a touchy subject but in short: The details of it depends on what exactly your code is supposed to do. 

The basics:

1 Move relevant code to the server

2 When client needs certain data you send a request to the server which then computes and returns the data to the client. 

If done right client performance would be slightly improved, especially if its heavy-lifting code that's moved to the server, but you have to be careful with your data transfers or the network perf will take a hit. The trade-off is that the server gets more work which also can impact the client's experience.

The main use for this technique really lies in that it protects the code that is on the server from unauthorised access. 

Some relevant commands:

preprocessFile

loadFile

remoteExec

Thank you very much. Can you tell me how to do it?