POLPOX

POLPOX's Artwork Supporter

POLPOX's Artwork Supporter

LENKA7h.jpg

This MOD allows you to make an artwork easier and faster with functions in it.

In-depth guide that covers the major functionality is available in Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1877568946

Workshop Page

Changelog

Spoiler

Recent Changelogs can be found here.

03/17/2019 - Maintenance #1
Changed: Clan logo for vanilla vehicles is now optional
Tweaked: Show note when you're using Simple Object Editor to unvalid vehicle
Tweaked: Set Unit Clan now throws an error if the clan functionality is disabled
Tweaked: Set Unit Clan now throws an error if there's no clan selection
Tweaked: Simple Object Editor now shows the selection position even when you just click the selection
Tweaked: Some config

03/11/2019 - Hotfix 3
Fixed: Clan logo of modded vehicles

03/10/2019 - Hotfix 2
Fixed: Removed unnecessary required addon

03/10/2019 - Hotfix 1
Fixed: Dragging/placing in playAnimLegacy

03/10/2019 - “Turn the Impossible Possible”
Added: New technology for playing animations(Slightly unstable and may causes some problem but includes some improvements - more info on the forum or welcome screen)
Added: Simple Object Editor (Accessable from the context menu>Transform, works only for Simple Object Placer)
Added: Quick Camera Preview (Activate by Ctrl + P after copying the data in the Splendid Camera by Ctrl + C in Eden Editor, [] call PLP_fnc_loadCamera in game. The data will be remained in the mission file after saving even you leave the Editor)
Added: Weapon Placer now supports secondary magazine (such as Grenade launcher, .50 cal of Type 115)
Added: Effect Dropper object (Easy to drop effects in Eden Editor workspace)
Added: Night Vision/IR view changer in Splendid Camera
Added: Custom vanilla assets (Status inverted Diver equipments and Nightvision goggles. Available in the Arsenal)
Added: Clan texture selections for most of Vanilla units/vehicles and PLP_fnc_setUnitClan function (For more details see forums or Functions Viewer)
Added: Convert to Simple Object (Context Menu>Transform>Convert to Simple Object)
Added: Parachute objects in Assets Viewer (search for Parachute)
Added: Welcome Screen in Animations Viewer
Tweaked: Animation code changed to Object Initialization in Simple Object Placer
Tweaked: Simple Object Placer now accepts classNames of CfgVehicles, CfgWeapons, CfgAmmo and unformatted p3d path (Note: will be Super Simple Object)
Tweaked: Animation Player now sticks your unit more accurate in Eden Editor
Tweaked: Light position of HandFlare effects
Tweaked: HGun and fireEnabled alias animations
Tweaked: Can hide interfaces in Animations Viewer now with the same way to do (Backspace) in Eden Editor
Tweaked: Readable functions description in Functions Viewer (Suggest to read all of descriptions of functions for once! PLP>animations)
Fixed: Problem when place Simple Light Placer over the sea
Removed: Debug checkbox in Simple Object Placer

Note: PLP_fnc_effectDropper is now obsolete

02/04/2019 - Hotfix 3
Fixed: Weapon Placer doesn't place weapon properly in some condition

01/26/2019 - Hotfix 2
Fixed: Tracer Placers hide objects
Fixed: Golden Ratio function's abort script isn't working properly

01/19/2019 - Hotfix 1
Fixed: Disabling screen didn't worked properly

01/19/2019 - “Props Everywhere”
Added: Variants of almost every official animations (Holding pistol, able to fire, pistol and fire. Search for PLP_ to find these animations)
Added: Flags that used in official vehicles (Able to mod texture same as other flags)
Added: Weapon Placer (Place it to certain accessories. This may takes few to open the attributes especially when you open with many weapons MODs)
Added: Tracer Placer
Added: Almost free vehicle interior camera for every official vehicles (Expect FFV turrets)
Added: Golden Ratio function is now can be called even from outside Splendid Camera (Some features are locked)
Added: "Dust" and "DustHeavy" for Effect Dropper
Added: Loading status in Animations Viewer
Added: Volume Lights are having actual lights now
Added: Some variants of Spotlight
Added: Some icons for some assets
Added: Flag animation attribute for Flag (Custom)
Added: Flare type is now changeable between eyeballs and camera lens in Golden Ratio function
Added: Gameplay disable screen for Multiplayer game (It can be disabled by mission setting - for more info, please read this post)
Tweaked: Categorize of assets
Tweaked: Animation name tooltip in Animations Viewer
Tweaked: Face in Animations Viewer
Fixed: Debug chat in Simple Attach function
Removed: Tracer objects (These are still remaining in the data for backward compatibility)

Known issue: Tracer Placer's preview don't behave as it should be

12/26/2018 - Hotfix 3
Tweaked: Load order to prevent override functions by most of addons
Tweaked: Some of features on Golden Ratio
Fixed: Error on Banner (Custom)

12/24/2018 - Hotfix 2
Tweaked: Method to hide Eden interface in POLPOX's Animations Viewer
Fixed: Debug chat on animation
Fixed: Camera can't handle its zoom properly

12/21/2018 - Hotfix 1
Fixed: Camera can't rotate holizontally
Fixed: Potentially error
Fixed: Abort execution doesn't work properly

12/20/2018 - “Happy Holidays, Warphotographers”
Added: Icon placer on Splendid Camera
Added: “In-Game” filter on Splendid Camera
Added: Camera movement speed adjuster on Splendid Camera
Added: Focus distance viewer on Splendid Camera
Added: Surface Emulator (Requires little knowledge of CfgSurfaces to handle)
Added: Animal Spawners (Dog, Goat, Sheep, Hen, Fish, Shark, Turtle) which also allow you to animate
Added: Spotlight props which actually work (May buggy, parameters are still WIP)
Added: The functionality of ANIMATIONS button of Debug Console is replaced by POLPOX's Animations Viewer
Added: Message when no animations were found in POLPOX's Animations Viewer
Added: Ship Flagpole (The same thing with used in USS Liberty)
Added: Icons for some assets
Added: Convert Cluster function (Execute and there're HQ models of munitions)
Added: Chernarus flag for Flag selection
Added: Golden Ratio funciton is can be aborted now (Execute PLP_goldenRatio_debugAbort = true; before launch camera)
Added: POLPOX's Animations Viewer shows disableWeapons and IK Weapon now
Added: "disableWeapons" search command for POLPOX's Animations Viewer (Filters disabled animations if you throw disableWeapons:1 and vice versa)
Tweaked: Dialog focus
Tweaked: Little performance improvements
Tweaked: Fake Weapon Fire can detect animations those can't fire little more precisely
Fixed: Debug chat on Golden Ratio function is now disabled
Fixed: Flag objects don't apply their arguments properly
Fixed: Analog controlling in Camera Controls will cause no error in Splendid Camera anymore (Dang, Moricky, why did you do this? Still I don't recommend to use analog controller to handle Splendid Camera)

Note: I'm too lazy to add localizations

11/18/2018 - “Small Birthday Gift”
Added: Flag (Custom), Flag (Custom, Small), Banner (Custom) with custom attribute and easy to change flag texture
Fixed: The interface of the Golden Ratio function does not want to disappear under low FPS environment

10/10/2018 - “Lifetime Saving”
Added: Wildlife Spawner (Can spawn birds easily, animal can be changed from attributes)
Added: Simple Object Placer (Throw className or p3d path to show and place Simple Object easily)
Added: Simple Light Placer (Edit in the attributes)
Added: Simple Attach Function (Useful to make aircrafts keep flying)
Added: Filters for Splendid Camera
Added: Light effect for Lightning bolts
Added: MissileExhaust effect for Effect Dropper
Added: Dynamic night vision and light in Animations Viewer (Press N by default to change the camera mode)
Fixed: Model data for Cartridge (9.3 mm) not set properly

09/02/2018 - Hotfix 2
Tweaked: Main Menu Screen guide disabled when Main Menu Screen was modified
Fixed: Few missing feature in Golden Ratio
Fixed: Golden Ratio did not localized properly

09/01/2018 - Hotfix 1
Fixed: Play Animation does not attach properly

08/23/2018
Added: French translation (by Papa bear)
Added: Diagnosis Function (PLP_fnc_ASDiag) (Run before claim your problem!)
Added: Detached animation is now possible (by changing objNull to false, useful for Machinimas)
Added: Simple Rope Creator Function (PLP_fnc_ropeCreate) (Heavy WIP, readme is not available. See in Functions Viewer to get more info)
Added: Few props (Can be found in Other>Other, localization not available)
Tweaked: Behavior of bigger particles in Effect Dropper
Tweaked: Fire Weapon Function is now supports RPM Coef > 1 (To make single fire. Community's most wanted feature is now live, yay)
Fixed: Roses are red, Violets are blue, TracerYellow was red and vice versa in Effect Dropper
Fixed: Unexpected behavior when you make remain the bullets in Fire Weapon Function

Todo: Add localizations for some new contents

05/13/2018 - Hotfix 2

Fixed: Incorrect behaviour of Fake Weapon Fire Function

05/12/2018 - Hotfix 1
Fixed: Fake Weapon Fire Function did not working properly when the unit is not attached

05/12/2018
Added: The square guide for Splendid Camera
Added: German translation (by christian2526)
Added: Effect Dropper Function and Fake Weapon Fire Function (more info on Workshop page and Forums topic)

04/01/2018 Hotfix 3
Fixed: Search window won't show the last search word properly

03/31/2018 Hotfix 2
Fixed: Abnormal behaviour in the Animations Viewer if [0,0] of the map is not a sea such as Takistan from CUP Terrains

03/30/2018 Hotfix 1
Fixed: An error in the Golden Ratio when you using a MOD that mod the main menu screen(https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/215637-polpoxs-artwork-supporter/?do=findComment&comment=3280067)
Tweaked: Removed a text from the stringtable and replaced by the official one

03/30/2018
Added: Many more guides for the Golden Ratio function (the name is still remaining “Golden Ratio” though)
Added: Localization (Currently available languages are English and Japanese)
Tweaked: The Golden Ratio function will run along to the Splendid Camera so you don't need to run the function before opening the camera anymore
Tweaked: Unit in a vehicle who don't have attach argument will never attach anymore
Tweaked: The Golden Ratio is now transparent
Tweaked: Notifications are now more specifically
Tweaked: playAnim in Eden Editor will ignore your order if the clipboard contains invalid data
Tweaked: Alert if you don't select any human units when you tried to apply animations for units
Tweaked: If you mouse over a unit when you open the Animations Viewer, it will show the unit with the same loadout with the unit instead of the player
Fixed: An error in Eden Editor when using the playAnim *spaghetti cough*
Fixed: Unsupposed behavior when attach to some vehicle in the playAnim
Fixed: The playAnim can be applied and effected for vehicles
Removed: Default guides for the Splendid Camera

03/25/2018 - First publish

Thanks to:

• A3 Hub Discord Server for making this happened!
  • ConservativeJustice for the two pictures in Workshop page!
  • Bohemia Interactive for the game, Splendid Camera, awesome animations!
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 6

Thanks man. Nice tool for artworker!

im new to this animation things how do i select a animation from the animation viewer and apply it to a unit ?

11 minutes ago, Duke84 said:

im new to this animation things how do i select a animation from the animation viewer and apply it to a unit ?

Find an animation you want, click on it, hit CTRL+C, leave the animation viewer, and then put your mouse over a unit and hit CTRL+E.

• Thanks 2

The update is live!

Download it now in Workshop. Changelog will be frontpaged soon.

• Like 1

I'm getting this after the latest update. What's up with that?

D2CFL9b.png

3 minutes ago, Zhivets said:

I'm getting this after the latest update. What's up with that?

Creating a guide around there. Main Menu related. What MODs using along?

1 hour ago, POLPOX said:

Creating a guide around there. Main Menu related. What MODs using along?

I believe Ravage mod causes the issue.

21 minutes ago, Zhivets said:

I believe Ravage mod causes the issue.

Confirmed and fixed. Hotfix will launch soon.

• Thanks 1

*cough* failed to update once. It should be fixed now.

• Like 1

Thank you, this mod is awesome. A real huge time-saver.

• Like 4

I laid off downloading this because I didn't quite understand what it did, but I thought I'd give it a try. 

Bloody hell, this is an essential piece of kit. For anyone like me who mostly uses Arma 3 like a giant toybox and screen shot generator this is just unbelievably useful. it's so good it's got me hungry to make static animations again.  

Superb work. Now, if anyone can make a mod allowing us to make new animations 'on-the-fly' within the game, I'll be set for life. :D

• Like 1

I am happy to introduce this: I am now taking a part of an Arma 3 community Discord channel A3 Hub!

I'll post some developing diaries about my MODs, you can report issues, discuss and suggest about them!

Enjoy your stay from here! https://discord.gg/dyXnZ8u

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In case you've missed, I am making a new function: Simple Effect Creator (working name)!

XKYqG4X.jpg

dzEZ3Vw.jpgRkzfPlc.jpg

• Like 7

Update is available now, I hope I can support your weekend creation!

Changelog and description will be frontpaged soon.

• Thanks 2

Alright then, here's the way to use the new function.

vDaNiBM.jpg

qyVoGDH.jpg

In the initialization of the man:

[this,0,0.3] call PLP_fnc_fireWeapon

In the initialization of the arrow:

[this,[["Blood"],["BloodMist"],["Meat"]]] call PLP_fnc_effectDropper

And also, Fake Weapon Fire function is not working properly. Hotfix will launch soon.

Note: PLP_fnc_effectDropper is obsolete now.

• Like 9

Hey, I was wondering if you could provide any assistance/guide to using the effects properly? I'm a tad confused on how they are added in :P

Love this mod so much, thank you! Also just so you're aware, it looks like some of the effects may be throwing errors. Every time I try to use the "projectile" effect I get a "generic error in expression", specifying line 787.

On 2018/6/9 at 9:01 AM, Shiloh said:

Love this mod so much, thank you! Also just so you're aware, it looks like some of the effects may be throwing errors. Every time I try to use the "projectile" effect I get a "generic error in expression", specifying line 787.

Confirmed, please use spawn instead of call along to projectile argument for now.

I also had a question: When animating a unit, how do I make them use a pistol instead of their primary weapon? IE: I'm trying to use an animation where the unit is holding a handgun, and he has one in his inventory, but in the animation his hands are empty.

2 hours ago, Shiloh said:

I also had a question: When animating a unit, how do I make them use a pistol instead of their primary weapon? IE: I'm trying to use an animation where the unit is holding a handgun, and he has one in his inventory, but in the animation his hands are empty.

I don't think this is a problem the MOD related. Please contact the author of the animation. Or you can place certain handgun via Editor as a prop.

9 hours ago, Shiloh said:

There is no way to do it other than placing a pistol as a prop and positioning it manually.

7 hours ago, Zhivets said:

There is no way to do it other than placing a pistol as a prop and positioning it manually.

Gotcha, thanks.