LykosMactire

LM_AAF, A greenback overhaul

krnAdXX.png

Taking a break from other mods i came to the Conclusion the AAF could really use a new coat of paint. Inspired by TEC_CSAT. the LM_AAF overhaul will include new weapons, Gear, and vehicles for the AAF to give them a fresh feel. 

This mod will NOT require other mods to use

Plans/ Features. (* means not done yet)

Gear: 

• ArmA 2 PASGT/LWH port with goggles varaint
  • ArmA 2 Coyote pack port*
  • Uniforms in 3 AAF themed Lizard Variants

Weapons:

• CR-4A3 Series rifles (M4A3 port from ArmA 2 OA) with CC-4A3 variant
  • retextured Mk200 LMG *
  • retextured Mk20 and Mk20C rifles *

Vehicles:

• Spartan AH1 (AH-64D port from ArmA 2)
  • APC-113 chelóna (M113 port from ArmA 2)*
  • Reskins of current AAF vehicles*

Units: (gear is in for most part just not all of it)

• Altisian Armed Forces Army (AAF-A)*
  • Altisian Armed Forces Air Force (AAF-AF)
  • Altisian Armed Forces Airborne (AAF-AB)*
  • Altisian Armed Forges Guard corps (AAF-G)*
  • yet to be named Altisian Armed Forces SF group *
  • Republic of Altis and Stratis Army (RoAS-A) (Based on the canon ending to ArmA 3's main campaign, BLUFOR)*
  • Republic of Altis and Stratis United Nations contingent (RoAS-UN)*

Generic pictures

Spoiler

"AAF Special Operations forces claim victory after squashing a FIA cell in Sofia, an AAF Army fireteam watches from the side"

1BB2ED9C1728FF1BEE281DEB9703DEB87D15F764

AAF Air Force Spartan AH1 attack helicopter 

2D57D155533CEB98E9C91F1873533BABABC16960

AAF-A MBT-52 Kuma 

4B03B5A556C66C9FD609667BD047398EF4846009

AAF Vanilla MBT-52 vs AAF-A MBT-52 

B1897512D54C847025D1DDFCBC33D36D3AB0C853

An AAF-A Fireteam parades through a ruined neighborhood in the newfound capital of Pyrgos after the successful coup with a MBT-52 Kuma pulling security.

2F56F36A34A83727576C28A268005D8E32AFF760

An AAF-A Strider on Altis

25E7C3A57C46DDC926D3AC68E4B809E92FE660C9

an AAF-A fireteam runs for cover after being ambushed in a Kavala neighborhood by FIA rebels post-coup

4D0C883C34C7FF7FE68E7EFE4C598245446625BF

AAF Airborne

Spoiler

AAF Airborne fireteam during a joint exercise with the Army

5B91FD9B0F31AA6061E7EB8F924B8A533BEDAD5F

Post-East Wind AAF (RoAS-A and RoAS-UN)

Spoiler

UN Peace keepers from the Republic of Altis and Stratis on Tanoa in front of an IDAP convoy during the Horizon islands Tsunami crisis

0FD9493CFC0A43F84268C35D7CB3EA42791796B9

A pair of RoAS Army soldiers talk to NATO troops on Stratis after the FIA re-established the old government. 

BB6AB9703C18FBDC9DFFECF0D6C6F27890F39DC2

Credits:

Camo @ Facepunch camouflage thread V2, i cant remember the original author of the pattern i modified but credit is to them

BI @ ArmA 2 Samples

PolyG @ assistance with the project (Will be helping with vehicles)

• Like 8

Yes! This is great! As much as I love the AAF their camo doesnt really suit any other terrain apart from Altis or Stratis, thus they always look out of place! This would make the AAF a viable faction to play outside of the Greek Islands. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Yes! This is great! As much as I love the AAF their camo doesnt really suit any other terrain apart from Altis or Stratis, thus they always look out of place! This would make the AAF a viable faction to play outside of the Greek Islands. 

Thanks, I've considered expanding more to include perhaps a "Post-War" faction based on the ArmA 3 S_A_W campaign if  you get the canon ending. and a UN faction spun off of that one.

• Like 1

I hope you incorporate some berets :P and light vehicles like land rovers for example, it always kind of bugged me in vanilla arma 3 that none of the factions had regular transports everything was essentially armored/mrap style. 

I do have a suggestion though, AAF having sorta close ties being a former commonwealth country, a port of the lynx would be cool and to mix things up i think i remember the ACR dlc for A2OA had a Tatra truck which would be a welcome edition and change to the vanilla zamak. 

8 hours ago, yevgeni89 said:

I hope you incorporate some berets :P and light vehicles like land rovers for example, it always kind of bugged me in vanilla arma 3 that none of the factions had regular transports everything was essentially armored/mrap style. 

I do have a suggestion though, AAF having sorta close ties being a former commonwealth country, a port of the lynx would be cool and to mix things up i think i remember the ACR dlc for A2OA had a Tatra truck which would be a welcome edition and change to the vanilla zamak. 

If i were to add soft armored ground vehicles i would do the Humvee over the Land Rover. As the Hellenic Army actually uses them. Although i will take the Tatra truck into consideration as they are indeed used by the Hellenic army. I'm leaning more towards their origins inspiration wise for their design (The Hellenic Army) and patching up the rest with British vehicles. Other news i decided to make the M4A3 port specific to the AAF Specops which is still unnamed atm. 

• Like 1

Sorry for the lack of news on this recently. I'm currently waiting for the Tanks DLC samples to be released and working on other projects atm. but i'm still working on this

• Like 4

I always had issues playing in Zeus that AAF standard Strider Vehicle was too limited(In Transport) compared to NATO and CSAT, So I used CUP to fill up that gap with that Sweet Landrover.

The problem there is of course CUP is huge and too much unnecessary factions come along.

anyway that's just my concern, Looking forward to this mod.