fat_lurch

RPGTard - Liberal use of RPGs

6 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Cool. going to try it serverside on my coop mission now

Tankbuster - I realize i should have been more clear: the CUP version was recently updated with the changes I've described above.

I'm waiting for some user feedback before committing changes to RPGTard for other weapon sets.

7 hours ago, fat_lurch said:

Tankbuster - I realize i should have been more clear: the CUP version was recently updated with the changes I've described above.

I'm waiting for some user feedback before committing changes to RPGTard for other weapon sets.

Oh OK. I don't have a CUP build of my mission so I'll hold fire, so to speak.

What sort of feedback are you looking for?

2 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Oh OK. I don't have a CUP build of my mission so I'll hold fire, so to speak.

What sort of feedback are you looking for?

1. Does the accuracy (dispersion) seem reasonable

2. Does the likelihood of AI using the RPG-7 seem reasonable

3. Are there any behavioral bugs that should be addressed

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fat_lurch said:

1. Does the accuracy (dispersion) seem reasonable

2. Does the likelihood of AI using the RPG-7 seem reasonable

3. Are there any behavioral bugs that should be addressed

Done some tests (vanilla), not in a real mission but in a lashup in editor and..

1. Yes, dispersion is OK, but it will not really be affected by locking weapons (I assume) and other disperion will be affected by AI skill setting, so it might be out of your hands?
  2. In my opinion, they are a little too keen to use them at the moment, but not by much. It might be that I gave them too much ammo.
  3. I *THINK* they might be making poor ammo choice - they might have fired HEAT at me when I was on foot, but I can't be sure, my testing debug output was screwed up.

Hey Lurch, Love the idea. 

I just tried the CUP version on Takistan map.  Put a ton of Takis with RPG-7s vs. US Marine groups.  Watched firefight for 10 minutes and never saw an RPG used.

Is Cup version on Steam the latest?

Edit1:  Just tried RHS version, and did the same test.  In my first 10 minute firefight, I saw 2 units fire RPGs (out of 28 RPG units...but that # isn't totally relevant, as many were killed by marines).  In my second 10 minute test, no units fired RPGs.  I did see units switch to RPG and back to rifle quickly (that happened semi-frequently).

I guess I was hoping for more RPG firing...

Edit2:  Tried the RHS version again, and they fired more RPGs more frequently, and it was perfect.  It really kicks up intensity for infantry fights.  Thanks. 

Should I try CUP again, or is there something wrong with the CUP version?