Kailux

"Safe" behaviour AI but going cross-country?

Right now i am trying to create Patrols on Tanoa that are in "Safe" mode (weapons lowered, moving at normal walking pace etc.) but that don't use roads or pathways but go straight from waypoint A to B (right through the jungle). Is this possible in any way? (Because: what patrol is walking through the jungle all day long with raised weapons as it would be the case using "aware" mode?)

Move this topic to "arma 3 editing" forums please and finally give me full posting rights ffs, i don't want to post in "DLC" every time. Cheers.

Only thing I can think of right now is to add plenty waypoints to the ai, to force them off-roads.

@Kailux Have you tried setting the AI's behavior to careless, and using multiple waypoints?

If you need further help or reference, my AI Compilation list linked in my sig may help.

12 hours ago, lexx said:

Only thing I can think of right now is to add plenty waypoints to the ai, to force them off-roads.

4 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

@Kailux Have you tried setting the AI's behavior to careless, and using multiple waypoints?

If you need further help or reference, my AI Compilation list linked in my sig may help.

Adding tons of waypoints isn't an option, i've set the "placement" option to a pretty big area (up to 500m, depending on how wide the jungle is) to add a random factor/increase replayability.

Careless isn't an option either since i want them to switch to "aware" when they spot something (which isn't the case with "careless").

Was hoping there might be a scripting solution to this (like forcing a "weapons lowered" animation on them in "aware" mode until they spot a target).

Will have a look at your link @Gunter Severloh

Thanks for your help so far guys 07