vPzBtl33_Hunger

[RELEASED] Hebontes - AAF test and training ground

Can't wait man! Congrats once again

• Thanks 1

Okay guys, release will be tomorrow evening (GMT+2). Since my time was very very short, i wasnt able to get rid of every single bug we've found during the test run. 

One question to all of you guys:

What kind of DL hoster would you prefer?? I'm thinking abour releasing on steam only, cause i would like to see exactly how many times hebontes will get downloaded. What do you think??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, vPzBtl33_Hunger said:

Okay guys, release will be tomorrow evening (GMT+2). Since my time was very very short, i wasnt able to get rid of every single bug we've found during the test run. 

One question to all of you guys:

What kind of DL hoster would you prefer?? I'm thinking abour releasing on steam only, cause i would like to see exactly how many times hebontes will get downloaded. What do you think??

I don't really mind where it's hosted so i'm cool with it being a Steam Only release.

• Thanks 1

Won't Armaholic track the number of downloads as well?

I personally would prefer it on Armaholic, but understand a lot of players use Steam's Workshop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

Won't Armaholic track the number of downloads as well?

I personally would prefer it on Armaholic, but understand a lot of players use Steam's Workshop.

When I look at my very first terrain released on armaholic it says: downloaded: 0 times

SB2

3 minutes ago, vPzBtl33_Hunger said:

When I look at my very first terrain released on armaholic it says: downloaded: 0 times

SB2

Thats weird cause in one of my old units thats where we got the map from :eh:

Thats the problem. I would like to track the downloads, to see how many people are interested in such a terrain. And Armaholic is not a good option to do that. Steam Workshop would show me the exact number of abonnements

• Like 1

We track downloads, the counter just does not work for the public (its a separate DB and to much needles work to fix that on this old cms).

When anyone wants to know the downloadcount of their released content they can always ask .... until I am ready and release the update.

Sorry Foxhound, but I dont want to ask for download statistics, i will reduce it to one DL plattform, propably steam or my own webside. 

4 hours ago, vPzBtl33_Hunger said:

From an authors point of view a Steam release makes future updates much easier to manage, and the Lifetime Stats page (which is only available to the author) is fairly comprehensive in that it tracks:

Total Visitors, Subscribers, Favorites and Ratings, it also has a couple of data graphs that show Cumulative Subscribers and Daily Data.

Whatever your choice, I'm excited for release, this terrain looks great. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I always liked just dropping my stuff on google drive since its super easy, but you can't really track stats there. Steam is gonna be your best bet.

• Like 1

Can't wait mate, been a while coming and I am HYPED to get a go on it!

As I've already said, dont be hyped, dont expect too much. See ADDONS & MODS Complete in approx 20 minutes...

• Like 3

Okay guys, that screen is running for 1.5hrs right now, shoud I cancel it??? Is it normal?

Its usually fast(ish) for me ~700mb takes me 10 to 15 minutes to upload. 1.5 hours seems a bit much but depends on the file size.

EDIT: Found in on the Steam Workshop. yay!

Hi,

thanks for this addon.

The map is really nice.

I saw that you had added two modules? How do they work, please?