Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Started a small project 'bout a week ago, basically a mock-up town that's a MOUT Training Facility.

 

431D3688471245D8673FB554D64C6292368051163D639832F55C47C4561478A91F6CDE39363D8E0BFEA5F8FC2BFF8877D717A421909FBA2D1908F5EC8A44B1780D6FF26C5F5C60E809E437F160519F38

49C1FFBF5C62162668958BD77E24065290880EF826CD768239593A1C61ECB3114E141535E5CDEE510B31DE66B0003976F564A97064C04D4CC165F650D67399031C1F5B52F6580A606C01D8693A391195

4AD2AA9212408864E7076BD953E40049DAF3D74A

 

 

Map is 2x2 km microterrain with 1 m cells, custom ground textures, some custom walls and 5 unique killhouses so far.

 

Suggestions are welcome!

 

  • Like 36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome idea! Really haven’t had anything like this since MGB killhouses.

 

Have you thought of a single story kill house with walkways to allow players to watch others move through it. Stairs walkways with guard rails....etc

 

Also, small 400-800 square foot flat roof single story buildings to represent homes found in many parts of the world.

 

Id be more than happy to send pics of killhouses I’ve thrown together using mgb and CUP for training bases if interested.

 

Great job!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been waiting for something like this; love the missing bricks on the rooftops. 

 

One suggestion would be to include loopholes in the structures and maybe a few building models which are partially demolished eg.

 

Spoiler

050714-M-0000C-003.jpg

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see a newer rendition of the Killhouse theme! Will you also add partially destructible walls and doors for breaching?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rich_R said:

Awesome idea! Really haven’t had anything like this since MGB killhouses.

 

Have you thought of a single story kill house with walkways to allow players to watch others move through it. Stairs walkways with guard rails....etc

 

Also, small 400-800 square foot flat roof single story buildings to represent homes found in many parts of the world.

 

Id be more than happy to send pics of killhouses I’ve thrown together using mgb and CUP for training bases if interested.

 

Great job!

Sure, just send me pics via PM.

 

14 hours ago, omL said:

Been waiting for something like this; love the missing bricks on the rooftops. 

 

One suggestion would be to include loopholes in the structures and maybe a few building models which are partially demolished eg.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

050714-M-0000C-003.jpg

 

 

All buildings already have random loopholes.

Partially destroyed buildings is a good suggestion.

 

4 hours ago, mondkalb said:

Great to see a newer rendition of the Killhouse theme! Will you also add partially destructible walls and doors for breaching?

Since I don't have the know-how it's not a high priority, but we'll see.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe add a small airfield/staging area with a road connecting it to the MOUT town for heli and ground vehicle assaults?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2018 at 2:44 AM, BLACKOUT6IX said:

Maybe add a small airfield/staging area with a road connecting it to the MOUT town for heli and ground vehicle assaults?

Map is really too small for such a thing, I mean flying on it is kinda pointless, but a staging area in general isn't a bad idea.

 

Also, I'm wondering what you people think, should I even bother adding AI paths in the buildings? I feel like it's just a waste of time considering how dumb the AI is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, opteryx said:

Also, I'm wondering what you people think, should I even bother adding AI paths in the buildings? I feel like it's just a waste of time considering how dumb the AI is.

Not really worth it IMO, as long as they don't walk through the walls im cool with it

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think AI pathing would be good. I sometimes make missions where I'm on defensive holed up in building and AI come after me, and ASR and GL should get them moving through well enough if separate and c2 can allow group ai to clear building decently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be great to have AI pathing in these buildings, but I don't think OPX likes getting involved with all that shit. I'm assuming it's complicated to setup. I'd love to setup pathing/navmeshes in all of the houses that he released for the cancelled Al-Kut map.

 

With that said, to those who are newer to scripting, you can place AI and make them stationary/standing up by adding this code to the unit's init box:

this setUnitPos"UP";
this disableAI"PATH";

this setUnitBehaviour"AWARE";

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just thinking this looks like a newer version of Cinder City and then scroll down to see @mondkalb in the comments!

 

Looks fab, if buildings have buildingPos' defined that would be nice for scripts that make sure of said positions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25-3-2018 at 5:28 AM, opteryx said:

Map is really too small for such a thing, I mean flying on it is kinda pointless, but a staging area in general isn't a bad idea.

 

Also, I'm wondering what you people think, should I even bother adding AI paths in the buildings? I feel like it's just a waste of time considering how dumb the AI is.

As someone who exclusively plays SP, please add ai paths. It will be much appreciated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2018 at 4:28 AM, opteryx said:

Map is really too small for such a thing, I mean flying on it is kinda pointless, but a staging area in general isn't a bad idea.

 

Also, I'm wondering what you people think, should I even bother adding AI paths in the buildings? I feel like it's just a waste of time considering how dumb the AI is.

I think a staging area would be great, along with a space for helos, i understand the map is small, but its perfect for fast rope training onto roof tops and such, 

Keep up the good work!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bJavlMc.jpg

 

If anyone wants to beta test the map you can get it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XBDAuRVdqGt1gAG7RuxaNAF_XYxkbq-5

Requires: CUP Terrains-Core

Please do not mirror this as it's not an official release.

 

At the moment the map is playable, but there's room for improvement and I'd like some feedback on both what features could be added and bugs.

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great map so far. Heres the stuff I feel is missing:

 

  • As many has said, it would be nice with a small staging area somewhere outside the forest. Where you can have both infantry and helicopters spawning.
  • Abit more walls around the "town" so to speak. As most arma maps have compounds with houses inside of them. Breaching a compound is essential for a MOUT training map.
  • If im going to be very picky. I would love to see some water, ponds or something that breaks the contrast.
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a really quick look around, very nice models and layout. Only thing I noticed is that houses don't have indoor soundshaders for guns.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been busy with other projects, but I decided to spend a few hours today in adding some staging area.

9A7459CD888CF1A4B96E292B00F1D2FF7F68C9AD

DC26B303E1DA9E58E4CF5636F13357EC4383CC79

852D9250890815C69119C6E89C9FF281E3BF0523

47E1FD197934AD1B64461FBDDB5406528113CCB9

 

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, opteryx said:

I decided to spend a few hours today in adding some staging area.

Nice, that's what I was hoping for 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4BCF6Wq.jpg

978A1D20737E86721D1CCA36F061F9B54439B07E

Made some custom roads, not super happy with the texture, but meh. This project isn't something I intended to invest much time in.

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps could you add more vegetation to the area outside the main training area? Perhaps heavier bushlines etc around the edge of the tree line that kind of thing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×