CaptainMikeC

Placing Down Backpack which acts as a respawn point

Hello,

I would like one of the players to carry a backpack, that when placed down acts as a respawn point for the rest of the team. But only when placed down, so people cant respawn while the backpack is on the move. 

How would I go on about doing that?

Have scripts like that been made already?

Which commands should I start researching?

I know a bit of C++ , but I am completely new to Arma 3 scripting. 

There are backpacks that deploy a tent or Sleepign bag in vanilla game. There are also vanilla game modes that use that objects for spawn points. 

47 minutes ago, Beagle said:

There are backpacks that deploy a tent or Sleepign bag in vanilla game. There are also vanilla game modes that use that objects for spawn points. 

Hmmm thought this was only for Zeus?

I want to make a new MP gamemode that utilizes this mechanic. Do the sleeping bags/ tents acts as respawn point in any case, even outside of Zeus?

12 minutes ago, CaptainMikeC said:

Hmmm thought this was only for Zeus?

I want to make a new MP gamemode that utilizes this mechanic. Do the sleeping bags/ tents acts as respawn point in any case, even outside of Zeus?

The tent/sleeping bag is just a working representation out of the box. You still need to define the respawn options inthe mission.

8 minutes ago, Beagle said:

The tent/sleeping bag is just a working representation out of the box. You still need to attach a respawn point to it.

I see, feel free to share any knowledge on how to do that.

Just use the 3den respawn/revive (if you want) multiplayer tool.

If you choose an option allowing the choice for the respawn position, there is no problem with this kind of backpack. You can place them on ground, or already in player's loadout (3den also).

Hey, I problem I encountered is that both OPFOR and BLUEFOR respawn on the tent, no matter who set it up.

Ideas?