Squirtman

small arms damage to objects/armorypoints question

So i have 2 questions for the community

First I am working a custom mission and am trying to implement an objective to defend an obj in the world from attacking enemy forces (destroy waypoint) and was wondering if there is a way to make an object actually take damage from small arms fire. as it stands i am using the power generator (land_powergenerator_F) as the object that has to be protected however no firearms short of a 9.5mm sniper rifle will actually do any damage to the object. I have a handledamage event handler on the object that for now shows the amount of damage done each time the event handler is called. I remember reading somewhere in the research i have done working on other parts of this project that it was possible to allow vehicles to take damage from small arms fire however i have been unable to find that source again and don't remember how i stumbled across it in the first place.

Second i was wondering if anyone could explain what the armorypoints value in [USERNAME].ArmaXProfile is used for as the wiki doesn't. see https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/armoryPoints if you are confused about what i am talking about. 

I thank you in advance for any assitance you would willing to provide

Since you have the event handler already, you could test and determine what amount of damage should blow it up, then update the objective at that point, say when 50 points are taken, or whatever makes sense. Maybe add a smoke effect to it. I have not played with that object, is it indestructible, or does it just absorb damage? Should be able to do something similar with a vehicle, perhaps multiply the damage received from small arms fire. I know nothing about armory points.

Just:

this addEventHandler ["hitpart", {
  (_this select 0 select 0) setDamage (damage (_this select 0 select 0) +0.1)
}];

in init field of your generator

for a progressive damage with small caliber. I didn't test with all ammos but you can add some conditions to select the kind of ammo...

armoryPoints seems to me a kind of bonus used in Arma 2. Should return 0 in Arma 3.

Thanks pierre i'll check it out when i get back to work on it

@AZCoder it's not an indestructible object or at least not when damage is enabled it just has armor that negates all damage from smaller caliber ammo the same way some of the vehicles do.

7 minutes ago, Squirtman said:

Thanks pierre i'll check it out when i get back to work on it

@AZCoder it's not an indestructible object or at least not when damage is enabled it just has armor that negates all damage from smaller caliber ammo the same way some of the vehicles do.

Ok, you should be able to work with what Pierre posted, tweak it if needed, and get it to blow up from bullets. Same thing can be done with vehicles.