Sign in to follow this  
odkupiciel375

[FIXED] Arma 3 freezing after a while

Hi.

My problem is that my game freezes after a "random" time.

I was playing on "HostileTakeover.co - King Of The Hill - EU#2 Infantry" server and game was running normally (around 40-50fps, around 110 people on that server) and then it just froze right  when i died and that's not first time today.

When it happened for the first time i've checked file integrity on steam and there were 3 corrupted files (1.2GB) but downloading them didn't help.

After another crash i've went to game directory and repaired all programs that were located in _CommonRedist (using installers that were located there, i've rebooted my pc after that) and that didn't help either.

Before writing this i've made another test run and same results* but this time i had HWMonitor running in the background  and i've closed GeForce Experience (both services and process).

*The only difference is that this time game detected crash that when i close it (with taskmgr) and created crash report.

Here is the link to Dropbox folder with crash report, arma3 log.rpt, dxdiag and HWMonitor

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w3kmghlbst5ik5m/AACVWRv_Zc_IzRH2GVEPHleva?dl=0

short version of my pc spec

CPU: Inte Core I5 7600K ~4.2GHz

GPU: Nvidia GTX 960 (2GB version) (Driver version 390.77 [now downloading 391.01<-i will post only if that will help])

RAM: 8GB (Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 2133MHz)

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3

Windows 10 (Build 16299)

Virtual Memory: Custom size: 8192MB (8GB)(on a separate drive)

Thank you in advance for help.

I thought it might be RAM related but when i start 32 bit (game works like crap - fps might be normal but it drops all the time) but after awhile same thing happens.

I've tried  to completely reinstall entire game (removed mods [unsubrscribed], %appdata%/local/Arma3, Documents/Arma3 and uninstalled game on steam + removed folder where it was located) and no help either.

I've tried different settings both in game and launcher but that had no effect.

Parameters:

Platform,

Show static background in menu,

skip logos at startup, Check signatures,

CPU count, Enable Hyper-Threading,

Enable large-page Support,

System memory limit(64-bit),

Video memory limit,

World,

Net Log,

No Land,

Show Script Errors,

No Context Buffers

8 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Ask old Bear here https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/187603-will-my-pc-run-arma3-what-cpugpu-to-get-what-settings-what-system-specifications/

can also link you thread here too, but Old Bear knows arma pretty well with all the testing and such he does. Worth a try.

the thing is that im pretty sure that my hardware can run Arma 3 with "no problem" since i've used fx-4130  with 8GB (ddr3 some slow MHz)  with that gtx960 and game was running (low fps but it worked and there were no freezes like i have now - i was even playing BF1 with that fx4130 with some low fps while now it runs smooth as butter)

so it would be either some super rare hardware incompatibility or some driver/software issue and i bet its something with win 10 as this shit can cause a lot of problems... (like for no reason installing new drivers when i had last version straight from the vendor)

i'll probably order another set of ram just to have that safe ~16GB and tonight i'll run memtest just to make sure that my memory is fine

Freezing though can be anything - overheating, to many AI, explosions going on at once, script issues, so CPU trying to process to much at once, or it could be gpu overheating etc,.

Trust me just ask, send him a pm and link your thread here in the pm and maybe he can clear something up, or help you identify something you havent seen yet,

or better yet tell you what is actually happening between your computer, and the game.

+1!

Most of the time, game freeze, without error showing, is related to overheating.

Rather often the case on ultra portable laptops not built for gaming.

It can be the GPU or the GPU but also the PSU if it's a bit old.

First thing to do is to monitor temperatures with HWinfo/Afterburner.

• Thanks 1

i thought about temps but then other games would cause same or something similar

CPU never more than 52C, GPU never more than 80C (as far i can tell this card should work up to ~90C)

other stuff not sure cuz i didnt paid too much attention but max temps were lower or the same as CPU (i used HWMonitor - monitoring files included in dropbox link)

as for PSU i bought it like 6 months ago so he "should" be fine

i'll try some soft to crank up the fans

my most concerns is that the problem is only with arma soo... :/ idk cuz there are other demanding/not well optimised games that run smooth

i can definitely tell that my gpu nearly immediately goes from high rpm to low when game freezes (i might take my gt640(2GB) for a spin just to check if it ll cause same problems)

but all that will have to wait till tomorrow

not sure when did i hit that 80c with gpu cuz atm have no more than 65c i had 73c but that was during loading screen 0.o and then it seems that curve started working and went for 65c or lower (in game for 20min now)

so with that curve and temp at CPU max 53C and GPU max at 69C game still froze (not for long but still)

i've added screenshots to the dropbox link (and here - temps and other stuff) and i've added last rpt log 

Some warnings, errors and other stuff:

21:33:36 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 1x in the last 60sec)

21:47:47 (10065 [ask._from]): Network sync error - NMTStorePendingItem

21:47:47 (10040 [ask._from]): Network sync error - NMTReplaceItem

21:51:17 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 1x in the last 60sec)

21:58:47 Sound: Error: File: a3\sounds_f\arsenal\weapons\ugl\ugl_tail_forest.wss not found !!! <- ton of that just different "tail_****.wss"

22:00:56 WARNING: Function 'name' - 174d4858e40# 1868299: ia_soldier_01.p3d REMOTE has no unit <- 5 166 times but with different "74d4858e40# 1868299: ia_soldier_01"

21:52:31 Client: Object 2:2546 (type Type_115) not found. <- toooo much of that

21:52:32 No glasses for 174e1808800# 1861601: b_soldier_02.p3d REMOTE

Screenshots:

that 3 square wide drop is that freeze 3 more squares to the right i closed the game
BL1.pngBL2.pngBL3.PNGBL4.PNGCapture.PNGCapture1.PNG

It seems there are no overheating issues here.

1° Do not use Nvidia Control panel parameters, use only Arma3 video options,

2° Do not use Windows10 Game Mod,

3° Close/disable all apps while you are playing

12 hours ago, oldbear said:

It seems there are no overheating issues here.

1° Do not use Nvidia Control panel parameters, use only Arma3 video options,

2° Do not use Windows10 Game Mod,

3° Close/disable all apps while you are playing

1<- tried that but still freezing

2<- idk what that is if that is something with that xbox app that comes by default with win 10 then i don't have that (removed)

3<- tried that but still freezing

i've also reinstalled drivers for pretty much everything and my game still freezes

i've did memtest and 0 errors through 4 passes

Note1 :  ... , I had admitted as obvious that your Steam key is full legit bought on Steam or the BiStore, but please confirm this.

Note2 : about Windows 10 Game. I am not speaking about the app but about the Windows 10 Gaming parameters , do not enable "Windows 10 Game Mode" !

4° Play the game without any mod / addon and play it on a public server.

If Arma3 is still freezing, I think you must go for a full clean install of the game.

Before, it will be better to save somewhere your Arma3Profile and Arma 3 - Other Profiles located ATM in "Documents" directory.

After uninstalling Arma3, deleting all files and having done a registry cleaning, you can re-install Arma3.

I will suggest to installing the Steam library for Arma3 on a SSD [256Go seems a good size]

3 hours ago, oldbear said:

Note1 :  ... , I had admitted as obvious that your Steam key is full legit bought on Steam or the BiStore, but please confirm this.

Note2 : about Windows 10 Game. I am not speaking about the app but about the Windows 10 Gaming parameters , do not enable "Windows 10 Game Mode" !

4° Play the game without any mod / addon and play it on a public server.

If Arma3 is still freezing, I think you must go for a full clean install of the game.

Before, it will be better to save somewhere your Arma3Profile and Arma 3 - Other Profiles located ATM in "Documents" directory.

After uninstalling Arma3, deleting all files and having done a registry cleaning, you can re-install Arma3.

I will suggest to installing the Steam library for Arma3 on a SSD [256Go seems a good size]

1 <- i bought my copy of the game long time ago in retail store (new) (heres my steam profile where u can see that i owe a copy of the game http://steamcommunity.com/id/odkupiciel375/ ) and in the past there were no such issues so idk if that would be possible

2<- disabled from the beginning

4<- i don't have any mods as i unsubscribed and removed mods

"5"<-

On 23.03.2018 at 10:24 AM, odkupiciel375 said:

I've tried  to completely reinstall entire game (removed mods [unsubrscribed], %appdata%/local/Arma3, Documents/Arma3 and uninstalled game on steam + removed folder where it was located) and no help either.

Reveal hidden contents

Parameters:

Platform,

Show static background in menu,

skip logos at startup, Check signatures,

CPU count, Enable Hyper-Threading,

Enable large-page Support,

System memory limit(64-bit),

Video memory limit,

World,

Net Log,

No Land,

Show Script Errors,

No Context Buffers

SSD is not an option since i don't own one :/ and i don't plan to buy one in near future ( i might buy another 8GB of RAM next week)

Im testing game on HostileTakeover.co - King Of The Hill - EU#2 Infantry server but i've tested it in campaign and game freezes as well

And theres one more option... Format C:/ and i think that if ill buy that extra ram and game will still have those issues ill reinstall whole system as it takes 1/2h (maybe a bit more due to drivers)

Your freezing is due to your RPT being spammed to death!

Seeing this spammed ALOT in your last rpt:

21:32:51 WARNING: Function 'name' - 174ed532440# 1846027: ia_soldier_01.p3d REMOTE has no unit
21:32:51  - network id 89:53
21:32:51  - person Jarod Nostra

and

21:32:58 Client: Object 87:46 (type Type_93) not found.
21:32:58 Client: Object 87:45 (type Type_455) not found.
21:32:58 Client: Object 87:46 (type Type_455) not found.
21:32:58 Client: Object 87:46 (type Type_92) not found.
21:32:58 Client: Object 87:45 (type Type_93) not found.
21:32:58 Client: Object 87:45 (type Type_92) not found.

and

21:33:31 Group O Alpha 4-2 (0xe1de8800) - network ID 2:3404
21:33:31  - no main subgroup

I suggest turning the following parameters off in your startup:

-checkSignatures -netlog 

these 2 are what are spamming your rpt.

and add -nologs

-nologs will stop the rpt from spamming, it will be created but after the listing of DLC's you own, nothing will be posted.

Suggest only having logs on if your testing something, or are running into errors ingame or are running a server and the server is giving you issues such as a mission not loading,

then the rpt is useful as it will tell you what the issue is, but right now your rpt is whats freezing your computer, do a test again and watch the cpu before your game freezes, and see

if the percentage is almost or maxed out in the taskmanager, if it is or does, then do as i suggested with the start up and try again.

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Your freezing is due to your RPT being spammed to death!

Seeing this spammed ALOT in your last rpt:

I suggest turning the following parameters off in your startup:

-checkSignatures -netlog 

these 2 are what are spamming your rpt.

and add -nologs

-nologs will stop the rpt from spamming, it will be created but after the listing of DLC's you own, nothing will be posted.

Suggest only having logs on if your testing something, or are running into errors ingame or are running a server and the server is giving you issues such as a mission not loading,

then the rpt is useful as it will tell you what the issue is, but right now your rpt is whats freezing your computer, do a test again and watch the cpu before your game freezes, and see

if the percentage is almost or maxed out in the taskmanager, if it is or does, then do as i suggested with the start up and try again.

-checkSignatures -netlog  <- disabled

-nologs <- selected (game created rpt file but it ends at dlc stuff - just 42 lines)

game still froze :/ i even deleted *Cache folders so game can create them once again but u know...

@ Gunter Severloh : I am sorry to say I disagree with the idea of using -nologs.

Here, having a huge .rpt is a symptom something is wrong.

Hiding the symptom will not help to cure the disease.

@ odkupiciel375 : my suggestion is first to delete all "Startup Parameters".

Most of them do not work as advertised and their mixture may cause adverse effects.

Afterwards, one parameter could be useful -nosplash (game loading speedup).

No need to format c: right now ! I will suggest other points before :

6° Delete all start up parameters

7° Try Platform 32 bits in launcher

8° [Caution - Electrical Hazard] On the GPU, verify PCIe electrical connection

9° Do a clean Arma3 reinstall without forgetting the registry clean-up step [use free Ccleaner]

RAM vs SSD : from my point of view, 8 GB of fast RAM 3000/3200 MHz are necessary but sufficient.

You will need more RAM is you try to play on a monitor over 1920 x 1080, but then you will also need a better GPU.

From my own experience, a SSD is now a "must have" in order to play Arma3. Official requirement have been updated since APEX release :

HARD DRIVE25 GB free space, SSD / Hybrid HDD / SSHD storage

Even a small 128 GB SSD hosting Arma3 Steam library will be enough if you are just playing vanilla Arma3.

On my own 500GB dedicated Arma3 SSD hosting CUP, The Unsung, and publicly unreleased ADO stuff 150 GB are used.

1 hour ago, oldbear said:

@ Gunter Severloh : I am sorry to say I disagree with the idea of using -nologs.

@ odkupiciel375 : my suggestion is first to delete all "Startup Parameters".

Most of them do not work as advertised and their mixture may cause adverse effects.

Afterwards, one parameter could be useful -nosplash (game loading speedup).

No need to format c: right now ! I will suggest other points before :

6° Delete all start up parameters

7° Try Platform 32 bits in launcher

8° [Caution - Electrical Hazard] On the GPU, verify PCIe electrical connection

9° Do a clean Arma3 reinstall without forgetting the registry clean-up step [use free Ccleaner]

RAM vs SSD : from my point of view, 8 GB of fast RAM 3000/3200 MHz are necessary but sufficient.

You will need more RAM is you try to play on a monitor over 1920 x 1080, but then you will also need a better GPU.

From my own experience, a SSD is now a "must have" in order to play Arma3. Official requirement have been updated since APEX release :

HARD DRIVE25 GB free space, SSD / Hybrid HDD / SSHD storage

Even a small 128 GB SSD hosting Arma3 Steam library will be enough if you are just playing vanilla Arma3.

On my own 500GB dedicated Arma3 SSD hosting CUP, The Unsung, and publicly unreleased ADO stuff 150 GB are used.

6<- done - restored to default (selected nosplash) - but it didn't helped

7<- done but it didn't helped

8<- done - all was fine but just to make sure i've unplugged and plugged everything back together

9<- thats gonna take some time ("up to" 10Mb/s down and "up to"... 1Mb/s up [yes b not B]) - should be done tomorrow morning

About hdd: i've played after APEX was released with same hdd that i have now and there were no such freezes but it's possible that either BI butchered something (cuz i had quite a long break) or my hdd was damaged in transport (had to move my pc few times) :/ i'll try to find some soft to check for bad sectors - i doubt that cuz my memory never got full.

i've also increased page file from 8GB to 14.something GB (15 120 MB) but i dont think that the problem would be running out of memory cuz in those screenshots u can see that before "The Freez" i had about 1,5GB (~1524MB) left and i would noticed when RAM would get full cuz pagefile - hdd - aint that fast to keep up.

I might try tomorrow some other games just to make sure that nothing bad happens there and try different GPU (GT640 - fps will probably die "a bit" but if that will fix freezes than w r gtg)

10° From your DXdiag file "WindowsWcpAIFailure3" seems to indicate something is wrong with some .NET Framework component.

Repair needed.

11° Windows 10 Pro 64 seems up to date but have you done a new Windows clean install when you switch platform ?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, oldbear said:

I suggested this as in the past i was running a duel core, i was turning every thing off just to get that extra performance, but the rpt aspect was my experience with when

i ran servers and the server was spamming errors like his rpt was and turning the rpt off solved the issue.

The suggested turning these off as parameters indicated do the following:

-checkSignatures - Introduced to provide thorough test of all signatures of all loaded banks at the start game. Output is in .rpt file.

-netlog - Enables multiplayer network traffic logging.

I was just assuming here that he was joining a server and the mission hes trying to play was giving his game some issues, and the parameters being used added to the rpt spamming these issues.

Anyways it seems the issue he's dealing with is deeper then something simple, as a mission with issues.

Sorry @odkupiciel375  i couldn't be of better help, this is reason i suggested talk with Old Bear, so hope you guys get the issue sorted, I'll be watching the thread to see how it turns out, cheers!

50 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

I suggested this as in the past i was running a duel core, i was turning every thing off just to get that extra performance, but the rpt aspect was my experience with when

i ran servers and the server was spamming errors like his rpt was and turning the rpt off solved the issue.

The suggested turning these off as parameters indicated do the following:

-checkSignatures - Introduced to provide thorough test of all signatures of all loaded banks at the start game. Output is in .rpt file.

-netlog - Enables multiplayer network traffic logging.

I was just assuming here that he was joining a server and the mission hes trying to play was giving his game some issues, and the parameters being used added to the rpt spamming these issues.

Anyways it seems the issue he's dealing with is deeper then something simple, as a mission with issues.

Sorry @odkupiciel375  i couldn't be of better help, this is reason i suggested talk with Old Bear, so hope you guys get the issue sorted, I'll be watching the thread to see how it turns out, cheers!

no problem, any help is well appreciated as it gives hope and from WH40k we know that:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

i think that log files would only cause to clog up hdd read/write and that would be dangerous if i would hit full ram or had to load something "new" but still Thanks for trying to help.

im currently downloading drivers for my gt640 to test that gpu

10 hours ago, oldbear said:

10° From your DXdiag file "WindowsWcpAIFailure3" seems to indicate something is wrong with some .NET Framework component.

Repair needed.

11° Windows 10 Pro 64 seems up to date but have you done a new Windows clean install when you switch platform ?

10<-- ill try that in a minute

11<-- yes it was fresh install not "upgrade"

Note about GPU : in order to test the MoBo PCIe slot integrity you can also use the HD Graphics 630 IGPU from the i5-7600K. You can play Arma3 on "Low".

Od everything you have tried, put into a post hidden with spoiler. Add it to every post and Update as you go along. So your most recent post will have most up to date information on what's been tried.

It makes it a hell of a lot easier 

If you have not done . Take a stick of ram out and try running. See if it problem free. If it freezes swap to the other stick and test. 

https://arma3.com/launcher/troubleshooting make sure you have these also.

16 hours ago, oldbear said:

Repair needed.

i think that the problem is gone and i suspect that its due to "reinstalation" of M$ .Net Frame 4.7.1 (cuz when i swaped to gt640 ive read ur post @oldbear and automaticly tried that (rebooted after ive "uninstalled" and again rebooted after "installed").

suprisingly gt640 was able to handle 110 server (with everything at low or disabled (2km/1,5km,50m) at about 25-45fps and when i switched back to gtx960 everything was fine - no freezes so it either something magical happened when i switched gpu or ur idea of reinstalling M$ .Net Frame 4.7.1 was right (i bet that ur idea was right).

Thank You all for Your support. Case closed!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1