DieWors

Is arma3 still worthwhile getting today

Good day i would like to find out if it still worth to get arma3 as me and my friend considering getting arma3 we are both from South Africa and new to Pc gaming and was wondering about the arma servers as the game is quite old is it going to be worth getting if it is only the 2 of us.

thanks in advance.

As long as ArmA4 isn't out (not anytime soon, that's for sure) it'll be good. ArmA3 will have the last planned DLC come out in April, and it'll have plenty of time left after that. So nothing to worry about.

It really depends on you. First off you can find a TON of missions that just you and your friend can play together. Also the editor is one of the easiest and most documented editors you could ever ask for. So you could realistically build a mission a day for you guys to play. And there are a TON of tutorials on Youtube or online to help with that.  Only downside is the fact it is a resource hog. It will zap your system of memory and CPU usage so a decent system is highly recommended.  I would wait for a sale or download ARGO which is a free game based on ArmA 3.  You can always build missions for it YEARS after it is stopped being played. And I don't see ArmA 3 dying anytime soon. BUT, be forwarned. As soon as a new version is released they tend to deprecate the older version pretty quick.

Got it thanks for the heads up just seems like a really fun game to get into have considered getting it for the last 2 months that’s why I am asking the guys playing it and can anyone tell me what the multiplayer is like on it is it easy for noobs to get to join a game or is the community as harsh on noobs like on other games I moved from ps4 to Pc about 2 months ago so there is still a lot I got to get the hang of.

thanks again 

Yes, it is. But be careful, Arma 3 in not COD or Battlefield. You will spend many tens of hours before you step into multiplayer. 

Only if you want to fight, shoot, drive, swim, hunt, bomb, fly, sail, destroy stuff & loads more. Land Air and Sea the choice is yours. It's the ultimate sandbox experience.