Sign in to follow this  

What is your cpu benchmark?

I am trying to get an idea of what sort of system (CPU, GPU, RAM etc) gets what sort of benchmark in the OFP preferences page. If you would like to post your system specs and your OFP benchmark in this thread it would help greatly.

The reason why I am looking for this information is because there is a cmd called "benchmark" that gives a return that can be used to scale a mission. This could be used to scale the mission to the lowest benchmark return... so when connecting to a multilplayer session you don't have to worry about having the worst computer, as the mission could be scaled to you, and everyone else would get a framerate increase biggrin.gif

To start this off here are my (2) specs:

System 1

P3 800

TNT2

256mb PC 133 RAM

Benchmark = 1401

System 2

P3 667

Geforce4 MX 440

256mb PC 133 RAM

Benchmark = 1190

If you would like to give an indication of your advanced settings that would be great.

Also if anyone from BIS would like to give an idea of how the Benchmark is generated that would also be great biggrin.gif

This isn't just system comparisons...I really would like to know so that missions could be better set up to cater for all users.

System 1:

AMD T bird 1.3

512mb pc133

GF4 Ti4600

Benchmark = 1607

System 2:

P2 400

256 pc100

GF2 Ultra

Benchmark = 851

System 3:

P2 450

384 pc100

Radeon 7200

Benchmark = 951

I have a few more pcs without OFP installed, I don't want to buy any more OFP cds.

RED

Nice idea, here is what I get...

AMD XP 1800+

GeForce 2 GTS

256MB DDRAM

Benchmark = 4464

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 11 2002,18:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">also, search under 'benchmark' on this forum wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes thanks for the advice Ralph, but this was specifically related to something that could be implemented into missions and islands. This really is very useful research for scripting, so the more posts the better.

I did not know that command existed - might come in handy...my specs:

PentiumIV 2.0Ghz

1.25G Rambus RD RAM (pc800)

10Krpm Ultra160 SCSI Seagate HD (18GB)

Nvidia Gforce3

BM = 5525

Benchmark value is measured in the preferences app and then written in fhe Flashpoint.cfg. The "benchmark" code consist of a loop with many vector and matrix operations performed and it gives you a rough idea about CPU and memory performance. No other system components are included in the benchmark.

Interesting thread , i am very curious of the result from the different players system

From me (bench from 1.46 , from the SP demo of Resistance, bench seems to be strangely higher ?)

System 1

P4 1,5 ghz

192 mo

GF2 MX/MX4 64mo

Bench result : 2564

System 2

P2 300mhz

64mo

Intel740

Bench result : OFP does not work biggrin.gif

Ok thx Suma. So I guess CPU and RAM are the main factors (and by default, your Motherboard). Please keep posting those benchmarks. We will try to get a script working soon......except Chronicles...your second benchmark is a worry. No return at all? Or a zero? What comes up in that field? Don't take this the wrong way...but no way are we going to scale missions back THAT far! wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Hmmmmm...back to the drawing board maybe!! Damm. Just when you think that you've got something worked out...  wink.gif

Because in my memory , the result from my 1.46 was different that the Resistance bench from the 1.78 demo , i re-installed Resistance demo to check if i was right.

P4 1,5 ghz

192 mo

GF2 MX/MX4 64mo

Bench result for the 1.46 : 2564

Bench result for the 1.78 (the Resistance demo) : 3048

I knew the benchs were not the same wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Dec. 11 2002,18:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">also, search under 'benchmark' on this forum wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Benchmark: 3658

CPU: Intel P4 1.8Ghz

512 MB PC2700 RAM

Geforce4 TI4600 (driver v3.0.8.2 7/16/02)

Windows XP Pro

DirectX 8

1024x768x16

Also, I'm becoming frustrated with what searches return. Maybe I'm using the search settings incorrectly but searching for benchmark found this thread and one other (which was specific to how to set viewdistance). Could you provide links to all the other many missions editing benchmark threads you know of or offer advice how to set my search parameter to find them?

Benchmark: 3571

CPU: Athlon 1.4 ghz

512 MB ddr ram

Geforce3 TI200

Windows XP Pro

DirectX 9

1024x768x16

Benchmark: 2678

1.3 GHz Pentium 4

384MB SDRAM

GeForce 4MX 440

Win XP Pro

Direct X 8.1

1024x768x32

benchmark.jpg

Taken after 39 hours of full processor use. (UD Powa...) And 4 hours of OFP:RES playing... wink.gif

Specs:

ASUS P4S533

Boxed (@Costa Rica) IP4 1,6@2,13GHz

512 MB Samsung DDR333@DDR400

Inno3D GeF3 Ti200 128MB

Pentium 4 @ 2,52 GHz

ATI Radeon 9000 Pro

512mb pc133 SDRAM

DirectX 8.1

Benchmark: 5338

AMD K6-2 500mhz

NVIDIA TNT2 M64 32mb Memory

64mb RAM

DIRECTX VER: Whatever came with OFP : CWC

BENCHMARK: 442 biggrin.gif

Intel Xeon 1.7Ghz (Single CPU)

512Mb RIMM (PC800) 1.6Ghz

ASUS GeForce2 Pro 64Mb

DirectX 9.0

Windows 2K

1024*728*32

Benchmark (1.90) 2664

DragoFire

CPU : AMD 1468.7 MHz

RAM : 512 ddr

VID : Voodoo5 5500 AGP

BENCHMARK: 4347

Also i used autodetect for this....?

Just a FYI... Noticed that the benchmark result differs depending on what OS you use. On the exact same hardware I get the following results.

Benchmark is 4297 when using Windows 98 SE

Benchmark is 3658 when using Windows XP Pro

Tested this on two separate machines (both having dual boot and running the tests several times) and both resulted in much lower results with Windows XP running.

However I don't think this affects the acctual game performance (fps looks the same in both cases) but wonder why it differs so much in the benchmark calculation routines. Could it be the memory handling in XP?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

XP1800+ (a little boosted ...)

512Mb DDR

win ME

gives me roughly 3900 (can't get the same result twice) with OFP 1.46 autodetect.

ofp_systest.jpg

Like )=Obi=( says in the post above this one,

I noticed if you hit the AutoDetect button a few

times, your score will vary.

Mine jumped up and down 300 points.