Sign in to follow this  
Ex3B

HEMMT and Hunter pacific skins

Apex released a jungle terrain, and gave CSAT forces jugnle camo skins. Meanwhile NATO received only a single vehicle with jungle camo skins, the prowler.

Any mission with NATO ground vehicleson Tanoa would look pretty bad without mods, since they would all have a bright sand color/arid camoscheme.

This seems to be the last update, they even added jungle camo nets to most AAF ground vehicles (and AAF doesn't belong so much on Tanoa, but I appreciate the camo and the flexibility it gives for making missions).

They did, thankfully, give pacific/olive/green skins to NATO armored vehicles.. buuuttt...

It doesn't seem like they plan on finishing the reskins. The hunter and all HEMMT truck variants are still in dire need of a fitting camo color.

They gave us a jeep with a 5.56mm mounted LMG, but they can't give us properly colored NATO MRAPs that they should have given us when Apex released???

The way they word their release candidate notes, specifying "armored", makes me think that Arma 3 will be "finished" in an unfinished state, and hunters and HEMMTs will just never belong on Tanoa without mods.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Ex3B said:

The way they word their release candidate notes, specifying "armored", makes me think that Arma 3 will be "finished" in an unfinished state, and hunters and HEMMTs will just never belong on Tanoa without mods.

Ok. Let's try the glass half full version :)

Devs have said repeatedly that Tanks DLC marks the end of the current ArmA3 roadmap.

I can't recall that they have stated anywhere that they will stop supporting ArmA3 along with that?

Bug fixes, tweaks and optimizations are most likely going to continue for a while, probably even after their next flagship installation launches. We will most likely NOT see more official DLC though. 

Bohemia has, however, opened up for officially supported/reviewed third-party DLC which I think is a great idea. Just look at what Jets DLC accomplished with B01 studios! This way, Bohemia will make sure the quality of said content meets a certain level before going into release.

We will most likely witness anything from large faction packages to total conversions  (such as RHS and IFA3).

So hopefully, the art dept. will find the time to make some olive skins for the forgotten vehicles somewhere after the DLC, if not before :)

• Like 1

Well, unless Enfusion is further along than I think, or there's something else in the works, the art team will be left kind of twiddling their thumbs after Tanks. So I guess it'll be a good time to fix any outstanding graphical glitches, as well as omissions like this.

20 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

Ok. Let's try the glass half full version :)

Devs have said repeatedly that Tanks DLC marks the end of the current ArmA3 roadmap.

I can't recall that they have stated anywhere that they will stop supporting ArmA3 along with that?

Bug fixes, tweaks and optimizations are most likely going to continue for a while, probably even after their next flagship installation launches. We will most likely NOT see more official DLC though. 

The glass half full version for me, is what you got, with these statements:

they even added jungle camo nets to most AAF ground vehicles ... I appreciate the camo and the flexibility it gives ... 

They did, thankfully, give pacific/olive/green skins to NATO armored vehicles...

But as you said, this is the end of their current roadmap.

How long has it been since Apex released? Its 2018, apex came out in what, 2016? 

If there was a time to make pacific/green skins for NATO vehicles, it was Apex or shortly after... 

The next best time was now, at the very last planned update, when armored vehicles were getting redone anyway... and they stopped at armored vehicles, and left out MRAPs and utility trucks.

To think after BI's development of the game has stopped, some 2 years after Apex comes out, that they will fix this "bug"... seems ridiculous.

Its now or never, so lets make enough noise to make it now.