Sign in to follow this  
Fiddi

Helicopter Hold-waypoint weirdness

Hey,

I'm having some weird issues with a helicopter full of AI (all in the same group incl. pilot) in cargo.

They have a Hold waypoint with trigger activation, a move, get out and seek and destroy. Waypoints works but there's always two AI that gets out during the hold waypoint before it has been activated by the trigger, as in the pilot lands the helicopter and they get out and the helicopter takes off again to original position. It's a Hellcat with full cargo of FIA soldiers (6). I can't figure out what drives them to such weirdness, usually I have a relatively good grasp of the AI but this is just... I can't even..

Also, is there a way to make a patrolling unit skip all their move waypoints before a Cycle and go to a waypoint (seek and destroy) after the cycle, in the editor?

Thanks!

Try lock to prevent anyone getting out until you want them to, and setCurrentWaypoint for the waypoint issue. Both of these can be easily used within the editor from trigger and waypoint activations. 

59 minutes ago, whiztler said:

it usually helps when people post their code...

There is no code. Everything is in the editor.

37 minutes ago, beno_83au said:

Try lock to prevent anyone getting out until you want them to, and setCurrentWaypoint for the waypoint issue. Both of these can be easily used within the editor from trigger and waypoint activations. 

Does lock really work with AI? I've had AI entering locked vehicles before, but I'll give a try. I found out that if I deleted the two who exited it was business as usual, but then, of course, it was too easy. (Always something, haha!)

I know about setCurrentWaypoint, was just wondering if there was another way inside the editor itself. I've tried syncing all the groups waypoints before the seek and destroy and that did nothing, I was hoping to make my mission with as little (self made or otherwise) scripts and functions as possible but still maintain a nice dynamic.

Thanks for the help, though!

I found that working with synching waypoints in the editor changed with Arma 3 or Eden editor (can't remember which) and i could never get them to work as easily as i had in the past, but that may have just been me :icon_biggrin:. So since then I've stuck with code to manipulate them. 

13 hours ago, whiztler said:

it usually helps when people post their code...

I would agree especially where choppers are concerned, the hardest part is trying to create the users problem in the first place.

I tried it as you described and had no issues, you should post your mission.