socs

Creating custom leaflet textures

Title really says it all... I'm trying to create custom leaflet textures for a mission I am creating... I've looked all over forums (and youtube) to try and find something explaining how to do it without any luck. If you have a link or if there is another topic about this if someone wouldn't mind directing me to it that'd be great... If there isn't if someone could explain to me how to do so (in baby steps because I'm slow). Thank you in advanced!

• Like 1

Oh, something I can actually help with! The Biki has an excellent resource for custom leaflet textures, link is here.

The Biki is an excellent resource for all scripting stuff BTW, but seems to be a pretty standard process:

If it's for a mission, it's a matter of adding/creating a description.ext file in the root mission folder, and including the following code (on top of the description file above everything else if you already have one!) along with your *.paa texture file.

class CfgLeaflets
{
	class Custom_01 // Configuration for 1Rnd_Leaflets_Custom_01_F
	{
		text = "Text of the leaflet"; // Text shown when previewing the leaflet full-screen. Ideally should be localized, so even player who cannot read the image can get the information
		texture = "myLeaflet_ca.paa"; // Leaflet texture shown when previewing the leaflet full-screen
	}
};

There's steps in the link I provided above to get them into your mission. Hope that helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, adombom said:

Oh, something I can actually help with! The Biki has an excellent resource for custom leaflet textures, link is here.

The Biki is an excellent resource for all scripting stuff BTW, but seems to be a pretty standard process:

If it's for a mission, it's a matter of adding/creating a description.ext file in the root mission folder, and including the following code (on top of the description file above everything else if you already have one!) along with your *.paa texture file.

class CfgLeaflets
{
	class Custom_01 // Configuration for 1Rnd_Leaflets_Custom_01_F
	{
		text = "Text of the leaflet"; // Text shown when previewing the leaflet full-screen. Ideally should be localized, so even player who cannot read the image can get the information
		texture = "myLeaflet_ca.paa"; // Leaflet texture shown when previewing the leaflet full-screen
	}
};

There's steps in the link I provided above to get them into your mission. Hope that helps!

Yes thank you! I did find a youtube video all the way down in the depths of youtube lol and it used setobjecttexture which kind of works but it runs off the leaflet... I do appreciate the answer and ill look into this.. Thank you again...

• Like 1