Sign in to follow this  
spookspook

Creating a vest?

Hello Everyone! I am quite new to Arma and after playing for a bit I decided to see if I can start modding. My current goal right now is to create a vest (more specifically, Vietnam era flak jackets) for my character and hopefully expand upon that. Spearpoint helped steer me in the right direction and I’ve begun learning how to use Blender and checking out the Modding Characters wiki. I was just curious on if there are any further tutorials, info, and/or advice on creating vests and the like. All this information on here can be quite overwhelming and confusing and I’m not really sure where to find things(or maybe I’m just not looking in the right direction). Any help would be appreciated! Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you guys soon!

Modelling aspect there are all kinds of YouTube tutorials. 

Ingame aspect there's a vest example in the A3 samples. 

Blender is a great free program (I create all my assets with it) but it lacks in advanced modelling options. Still awesome program

Good luck!

6 hours ago, warlord554 said:

Modelling aspect there are all kinds of YouTube tutorials. 

Ingame aspect there's a vest example in the A3 samples. 

Blender is a great free program (I create all my assets with it) but it lacks in advanced modelling options. Still awesome program

Good luck!

Thank you very much for the reply! Do you know what I should search for or any keywords? Every time I look up Vest modeling or something similar I only seem to be getting retexturing tutorials which is not exactly what I’m looking for lol.