yax

ITC Air Systems - V1.8 - CCRP, Encore, Updated Compatibility

Is it possible to make the MFD resizable, or their position on the screen adjustable?

I love the mod, but it's taking up a lot of screen real-estate.

• Like 3

This mod is super awesome. The only thing I would like to see now is CCRP and SOI cycle key :)

Just a quick update! Version 1.8 work is progressing well, the feature will be fixing some long existing shortcomings, like slewing not working from joysticks, and the lack of an SOI cycle key. You can also expect a lot of new things to play with, that are going to come with a complete overhaul of the controls. As features are expanding the controls will more closely match those of DCS A-10C and will be more suited towards HOTAS+Head tracker usage.

Here's a sneak peek of some of the things to come!

bgow9hK.png

As always, you can try out new features as they are developed in the dev build, and you can keep closer track of the progress by joining our ITC Addons discord.

Steam Workshop - Regular Version

Steam Workshop - Dev Version

• Like 5

I'd suggest not using that guide, it is very much outdated and not very relevant to the current version.

There's a more in depth user made technical guide in the works, which you can find here, that guide will also be kept up to date for future versions.

• Like 1

More progress!

JASSM

Turns out, there was a JASSM model included with Encore that wasn't implemented, so I couldn't leave that untouched!

jLSiT0n.pngc8Xqbdw.jpg

Tacview

I've been working on an extension to generate ACMI logs to playback in Tacview! Here's a little demo of a Tacview playback

• Like 7

Is it possible to make the AP to fly pre-set WP and follow altitude setting with it?  Missiles fly pretty well with Encore update.Something for planes ,too?

1.8 is pretty closed to being finished. The ACMI logging won't be included in it yet, as it will require some more testing, but there's plenty of other cool features you will be able to see in there.

In this video I'm testing the automated ground collision avoidance system, an automated system that checks if you're about to crash in to the ground, and automatically pulls you up. Very handy for those using ACE's G-forces feature. Of course, for those that enjoy doing risky gun runs, AGCAS can be turned off through the MFD Options page

All recoveries from the dives in the video are performed by the AGCAS system.

• Like 8

can you add a ejection  script if, for example, an airplane is a couple of meters from the ground (5-10 ) at high speed and with some roll* 

I meant that is, a second before the disaster)

If you could add this GPWS for Ai pilots ,you could make possible to make AI fly using Autopilot Path Following /Altitude Hold ,to set these 2 things are absolutely crucial to make Ai survive in a heavy AAA area.

If incorporated,we could fly `movie-like`missions ,if we could decide what altitude the plane beforehand when we put down the WP-and decide the speed with a speed bug connected to speedometer,we could fly low and fast in reduced visibility .

If we could make ejection be automatic,it could make for some exiting missions,adding Auto-lock to this might be needed to make things when we need to use high speed just to survive.

Some way to make the IR-signature to disappear to lower the hit rate in MP would be neat.Maybe ,even make SAM hits to turn purely FX.

Here is how the F-111 aircraft "Fly UP" indicator looked. :https://screenshots.firefox.com/DOUZ5KzcNOtBd12c/www.youtube.com 

Thanks for the mod.

Checked out the TCAS/GPWS video: Clould you change the pull-up a bit?  Would like it to find out if there are any monntains in proximity to the plane-if not, just pull up and keep altitude to avoid a crash ,alternatively make it release some flares to protect from sams,if over flat terrain. 

On 16/08/2018 at 11:09 AM, sammael said:

can you add a ejection  script if, for example, an airplane is a couple of meters from the ground (5-10 ) at high speed and with some roll* 

I meant that is, a second before the disaster)

The current auto-GCAS automatically enables an autopilot to pull the plane up in this situation. This is done to reflect real life AGCAS systems. As far as I am aware, there are no auto-ejecting systems in service, compared to GCAS the effects of auto-ejecting on a false positive are much worse, which makes it a lot more risky to implement(if your AGCAS triggers when it shouldn't, you just pitch up, when an eject does, you lose a plane).

On 10/08/2018 at 1:02 PM, john1 said:

What are the plans for Jassm?

Currently the JASSM acts as a terrain following cruise missile, guiding towards GPS targets. Currently in the profile options you can configure the impact angle which it will dive to the target with. In the future I hope to expand it with a programmable impact direction, which will cause the autopilot to fly in a way that makes it approach the target from a pre-determined direction.

On 10/08/2018 at 1:22 PM, john1 said:

Is it possible to make the AP to fly pre-set WP and follow altitude setting with it?  Missiles fly pretty well with Encore update.Something for planes ,too?

Missile guidance and aircraft autopilot are separate systems, so an improvement in one does not mean the same for the other. Autopilot expansions for relevant aircraft are planned, specifically features like WP following for heading, and terrain following mode for altitude. These updates are not to be expected soon though as they are not high priority.

Progress updates

I have been making some graphical tweaks and expansions to the regular full-screen targeting camera(TGP) view, with optional cockpit-specific overlays. Functionally the overlays don't really add anything, but they do look cool for those who might like it.

bwBVral.png

• Like 4

All the planned functionality is in, and here's a demo video!

Since a lot of core systems have been changed heavily, we'll be working on updating/releasing relevant compatibility mods before we can release 1.8.

For a closer eye on the progress, feel free to join our discord: ITC Addons Discord

If you'd like to test the new features before release, you can do so here: Steam Workshop - Dev Version

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm starting to feel like I'm spamming my own thread here, but I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in this one:

I managed to get CCRP Functionality working to an acceptable level of accuracy! I'm not sure if this'll be included in 1.8 or 1.9, but it'll be there soon enough either way!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Deleted****

Edited by Crielaard
Srry. I thought Sammael asked a question. #needMoreCoffee

ITC Air Update V1.8

This one has been in the works for a long time, the changelog is quite sizeable, so I'll mark the most interesting stuff bold. It comes with many changes and is probably the biggest update yet, it also comes with a bunch of compatibility mods!

added

• SOI cycle hotkey implemented
  • Slewing now functional with joysticks
  • AGM-65G IR maverick added
  • Manual ALT and HDG input for AP on all planes except A-10E
  • Forward fix button on TGP screen
  • Slew speed on TGP
  • Scorpion HMD Symbology
  • EPLRS system added(add EPLRS transmitter to vehicle inventory to enable tracking)
  • EPLRS contacts displayed on TAD and HMD
  • GBU-39 SDB
  • AGM-158 JASSM
  • HMD Sensor TDC
  • GCAS
  • Auto-GCAS
  • TGP overlay for JAS-39E, F-181E, A-10E
  • new TGP symbology system
  • New JDAM models
  • GBU-32, GBU-31
  • new waypoint/markpoint/fltplan system
  • TAD hooking system
  • Microdagr waypoint import on STPT>MSN page
  • HUD(not as sensor)
  • Basic CCRP

changed

• Slewing now much smoother
  • AGM-65H renamed to AGM-65K to reflect implemented warhead
  • Generate steerpoint on TAD fixed
  • SOI automatically cycles to next sensor when MFD that is SOI changes app
  • Non-sensor apps can no longer be SOI
  • MFDs can now have less than 4 apps
  • Single side MFDs functional
  • TAD Map toggle(default off)
  • TAD as SOI overhauled
  • JDAM guidance improvement
  • All magazine displaynames now have the (itc) suffix

removed

• borderless MFDs disabled until future better implementation

Documentation, Guides & Tutorials

Main written documentation will be updated in the following week, and will be available here

A quick video going over the new waypoint system is available here

And finally, here is the cheat sheet for the new keybinds system. Implemented keybinds are marked green. Keybinds list will be updated with information on FCR keybinds shortly.

6S7IgfB.png

Media

SNRnej1.jpg

The new JDAM models, shared by John Spartan & Saul with help from TeTeT

BrUHzF5.jpg

The new SDBs, JASSMs and JDAMs

Compatibility

A collection of all compatibility mods can be found here

Individual compatibility mods:

RH9c5rM.pngBgVmCLy.png

tO9ARrI.pngWuBeulI.png

oRsX7ZS.png7QVWGt0.png

Special thanks for A26Mike for laying the groundwork for the compats.

ITC Air Systems is available on the Steam Workshop

If you would like to follow development more closely, you can join the ITC Addons Discord

• Like 7

Looks to be really well done! Will be interesting to dig in and see the new features.

I really wish that you had retained just the one compatibility mod, though. Subscribing to multiple can be a little bit of a pain.

The old compatibility mod is still available, though I can't guarantee it being kept up to date. The reason for the new standalone mods is to allow separate configuration of the various aircraft to reflect their real life capabilities, so the compats will now be more closely tailored to the aircraft.

3 minutes ago, yax said:

The old compatibility mod is still available, though I can't guarantee it being kept up to date. The reason for the new standalone mods is to allow separate configuration of the various aircraft to reflect their real life capabilities, so the compats will now be more closely tailored to the aircraft.

Is the old compatibility mod working with 1.8?

It should still function, but it might not have all new functionality.

• Thanks 1

Just pushed out a small bugfix

Changed

- GCAS and IR Laser shutDown code improved

- CCRP accuracy fix

- When using CCRP with ripple release, the CCRP calculation will center the ripple on the target(so 4 bombs at 50m ripple, they will hit from 100m before the target to 100m after it)

- TGP MFD is now properly located on the plane's TGP position

WqV2kvP.png

TGP position fix example, cameras now match much more closely.

CCRP Ripple centering example

• Like 3