yax

ITC Air Systems - V1.8 - CCRP, Encore, Updated Compatibility

Thanks for the feedback, I'm not near my computer this week so I won't be able to fix it before the weekend. Next week I'll make sure the mod functions normally again. Until then it might be best to use non itc aircraft.

Hmm.. I'll have my guys try to test this out and see if it happens on our servers also.

I would think that mainly Pilots would be using this, with the occassional JTAC on the ground.  Possibly limit the number of Non-pilots using it on the ground?

Also, one more suggestion, I'd like to see prompts on screen for certain things. For instance: when broadcasting is turned on or off and when the IR laser is switched on or off.

We where 4 in total in fir f16.

Testing a view things.

Had two or three desyncs of a view minutes. Also got a fail when try to change channels of tfar on the com page.

As i wrote yax via pm we have the .rpt here.

Hotfix V1.351

After my inconveniently timed absence I'm back at my pc and working on the issue. I'm fairly confident this hotfix will fix the server issues.

If after this hotfix you do still experience problems caused by ITC Aircraft, first all the network code is disabled when you turn off the SPI sharing, Rover and IR Laser.

Updated docs

I've been working on new documentation, it can be found here.

• Like 3

Update V1.4 - Pylon/Bombs Drag & Weight, SADL Datalink messaging, Fuel consumption indicator

It's that time of the year week! Update time! Today's update doesn't bring much new systems, but rather is just a general purpose quality of life update that adds a bunch of small things to improve existing systems. Let's get to it!

Changelog

• Drag & mass system for ammo and magazines
  • STPT page
  • MSG page
  • STAT page

Pylon drag & Weight

Probably what people will be the most interested in this update. It's also the most iffy feature and is disabled by default, as it's still pretty experimental.

How does it work

I calculate the drag coefficient and mass of all your pylons and ammo on them, and then apply them to your airplane as a downward force and drag force. The severeness of the effect can be tweaked by users as of now through two variables, the drag & mass multiplier that can be accessed through the CBA addon configuration.

Due to the requirement to add custom config values to munitions and magazines, this feature might not properly function for all munitions.

How to enable it

You can enable this feature through the CBA addon configuration options.

QjQkqSV.png

SADL Datalink Messaging

You can now use the MSG page to message other SADL Datalink users.

Reading messages

By default you read messages, you can use UP and DN to change the message. Below, currently in the screenshot 01-01 is the sender of the message (ID-GR).

When in the writing screen you can press RCVD to go back to reading.

The DEL and WRT buttons currently don't work in the message reading screen.

Ixqvg5s.png

Composing messages

Press NEW to start composing a message.

You'll be faced with an empty screen with a caret for a line. You can use UP and DN to change your line, then use WRT to write on that line. You can use the field by default marked 00-01 to change the recipients, the format is ID-GR, when ID is 00, it will be sent to the whole group. When you're ready to send the message you can press SEND.

If you want to clear out your message, you can clear it with DEL.

STAT Page

The status page offers some basic information about your aircraft. It prints all your hitpoints with their status (undamaged = OK, damage > 20% = DAM,  damage > 50% = FAIL). It prints your current fuel percentage, and it prints your flight time left at current fuel consumption.

q2SbbWn.png

STPT Page

The steerpoint management page lets you  view your steerpoints, re-order them, re-name them and change their position and elevation(ASL). Remember, the elevation is 0 by default, so ensure you correctly set the elevation if you want to generate targeting data for JDAMs.

The UP and DN scroll through the list, but not change the selected steerpoint, that is done by changing your selected steerpoint with the regular hotkey.

OzlTmRc.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

What munitions are recommended to use if you want to play around with drag and weight.

If you just want to play around with it to find its effect, I'd suggest loading up an A-10 with as many GBU-12s as you can, taking off from a pretty long runway, being annoyed while flying around, and then dropping them all at once to suddenly see your aircraft get really nimble.

If you play with the drag & mass enabled, one thing that's important to remember is the pylons create drag even when there's no munitions on there, the triple racks are especially nasty for that. The rocketpods actually generate more drag when they're empty than when they're full. GBUs also have considerably more drag than JDAMs. A nice light load I've enjoyed during testing would be 2-4 500lbs bombs and 2 rocket pods of your choosing(and add sidewinders if relevant).

With the stpt page implemented JDAMs can also be targeted in altitude, I made a little demo video yesterday showing off some of the new stuff, including targeting things above ground level with JDAMs.

• Like 1

Here is a Q :Is i maybe useful to make a way to make a way to make the airbreak and the flaps work in unison and make the drag and weight work with buttons that can keep the break extended at a decided position,and a way to make the throttle to keep set % of engine.

Came up with something ;It would be very neat if the Tads system could draw a line and the measure the distance of that line and make a box around it 1mile in all directions,then find highest /lowest point and get a measure of planes`altitude 10x/sec,  and now with Elevation,be able to always keep that altitude and with HCC mod ,be able to use it as a autopilot.

With the Steerpoint system,it should be easy to set the altitude and speed between the points,maybe with a " snapshot" ability for A-A and a auto-lock for A-G.

I`m looking for a way to hand a target list to other planes in Arma, could this be used with a Laptop and PDU by Firewill.  I need some way to make force the altitude for Ai.

I want to be able  to make several planes settings that forces them to keep a set height above target when they fly over it.  But I also need them to be able to avoid hills,I would need a sort of `radar altimeter`.  Maybe ,if there are some definition of "hill/radio tower"?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN5d0cPm2O4

You can allready open the airbrakes partly by using 'break-analogue'

• Like 1

I've started on what will probably be the main feature of V1.5, it doesn't add a ton of new things, but it does require me making quite some overhauls to the core code of everything, including a fair bit of net code, here's a sneak peek!

https://gfycat.com/LonelyMediumKitten

Anyone wanna take a guess what V1.5 is going to be? (No cheating from the discord members who already know)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Update V1.5 - Two seaters and Bomb rippling

It has been a while, but here it is, v1.5

Changelog

• Two seater compatibility
  • Bomb ripple releasing

Known issues

• Waypoint autocycle sometimes may not work properly with paired releases, as the second bomb will release before the waypoint is cycled.

Two seater system

The two seater system comes in the form of a scripted system that lets the WSO and pilot share the pilot's TGP, and a system that synchronizes the steerpoints between the two users. The WSO camera can by default be opened with left shift + down.

Bomb ripple release

In V1.5 you will be able to ripple certain bombs, both guided and unguided. If your bomb can be rippled the settings for it will show up in the WPN page when it is selected. Ripple-able bombs include dumb bombs like the mk82, but also guided bombs like the JDAM. The ripple system will also let you automatically cycle waypoints every time a bomb is released.

Future plans

This update came a little slower than the previous ones, but worry not, my work itself has not slowed down. I have started shifting attention to a new project. For some sneak peeks feel free to join the discord.

Nice addition. How is your script calculating the ripple pulse speed?

I just want to bring it to your attention people in the sim world are over-complixating thing.

The FCC simply takes your TAS at the moment you press the picklebutton and determines how fast it should make the interval.

So it doesnt account for attitude. i.e. in a 30 degree dive with a ripple distance of 50 (with constant speed) the bombs will impact with 43 meters. Where as in a 90 degree dive they just impact at the same spot.

I always assumed the real one timed it based on calculated impact point distance, I just didn't have the skill to make it that complicated :D

The script simply looks at your distance travelled since last release, which means it will have roughly the same behaviour as the real thing, except it compensates for speed not being constant.

WOW! I just read through your documentation, I have no clue why I am just now finding your mod- THIS IS AMAZING!

Your mod adds some of the final missing simulation factors needed for pilots in Arma. I can't wait for the v1.5 Fir compat update.

Keep up the great work! Thanks again!

1 hour ago, colince411 said:

WOW! I just read through your documentation, I have no clue why I am just now finding your mod- THIS IS AMAZING!

Your mod adds some of the final missing simulation factors needed for pilots in Arma. I can't wait for the v1.5 Fir compat update.

Keep up the great work! Thanks again!

A26Mike already updated the ITC Compat to include F16D, F14, F15 and F15SE with WSO seats to work with ITC.

8 hours ago, yax said:

I always assumed the real one timed it based on calculated impact point distance, I just didn't have the skill to make it that complicated :D

The script simply looks at your distance travelled since last release, which means it will have roughly the same behaviour as the real thing, except it compensates for speed not being constant.

Ok. :) 

Let me explain to you why, even when this would sound like a great FCC feature, this is a source of potential hazzard. 

Pilots are trained to do bombing runs with strict constant parameters: 0 Roll, specific pitch, specific altitude and specific speeds to get predictable results, even when bombing manually. (which isnt realy super hard if you get the hang of it) 

For example when you get an FCR fail... which isnt uncommon :(

But more importantly is de basic systems that could lead to catesteophic accidents.

For combat aircraft you keep regular combat in mind when damage is more common than the Insurgency scenarios in Afghanistan and such:

1. Damage to the pitot system during bomb release.

With calculation as your it would mean when this system is damaged a higher speed indication would be the result. Or imcreasing very rapidly. This could lead to bomb releasing nearly at the same time and touching eachother and thus fusing.

Kaboom.

2. Static port system fail/leak due to damage.

Air pressure would rise dramatically, evening the pressure with the Static and pitot system. Dropping the indicated speed to 0.

As the system you scripted reads its speed with every bomb, it will wait.... and wait...unit at some point, with the super low speed it reaches its next release pulse distance it calculated. and releases a bomb. This could litterally be minutes later in this case. or an hour.

Maybe just when you got home.

Rookie response: by then my master Arm would be set to Safe.

Answer: doesnt matter the FCC is actively in calculation which will be finished regardless of masterArm setting. The system is to Prevent giving release instructions to the FCC it wont stop the FCC from doing its work. 

In short, you can simplify your script, probably making it lighter AND more realistic at the same time. ;) 

I may sound dumb at this point but can someone please explain in more detail how I use that steerpoint system?

It seems I can't get it to work. The documentation tells about a keybind "Create Steerpoint". I can't find that key on the key config screen. The closest thing would be "Store POI from SOI" which is the "End" key but it doesn't work for me. Even entered waypoints in the DAGR from outside the aircraft don't show up on the steerpoint page or the HUD.

What am I doing wrong?

@madjosch point the camera some were or press "t" in cockpit view to point it their, press "end", look somewhere else and press "end" again. now use "page up/down" to cycle steerpoints.

Already did so. But nothing happens when pressing "End". Also tried in TAD MFD when set to SOI. No Mark point is created. I even hammered the "End" button ... - still no luck :(

You need to have a MICRO-DAGR, not a DAGR.  It has to be in Clothing or Vest inventory.  MICRO-DAGR, not DAGR
Then you can use END to enter Waypoint/STRPTs into your system. 

Set your SOI to HMCS with ACE interaction, and where you look is where you can set a waypoint.
SOI to TAD MFD and then SI Action to allow Cursor movement in the MFD.  Then you can again set STRPTs under the cursor.

Found out what it was:  I had to download and move up the compat file in load order so it was loaded first. Then everything worked as intended.

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, ski2060 said:

You need to have a MICRO-DAGR, not a DAGR.  It has to be in Clothing or Vest inventory.  MICRO-DAGR, not DAGR

This actually no longer applies.

The waypoint list is no longer synchronized with the microdagr, as all the functionality is now present in MFDs. Though for people who enjoyed setting waypoints on the ground, when you enter a plane for the first time, it will automatically import your microdagr waypoints in to the plane's waypoint list.