yax

ITC Air Systems - V1.8 - CCRP, Encore, Updated Compatibility

Great Work with this mod!

Very impressing what is possible.

We also would love to see TFAR support.

It would also be nice if this would work with UAVs, or have i missed something?

I've had a look at TFAR and to properly implement it I need to know a little more about how it works. I'll also need people to test it of course.

I've noticed looking at the API that the radios have different categories that require different functions.For ACRE I just grab the user's radio list and show the first 3, but I'm not sure I can do that with TFAR, the API radiolist function returns SW radios. What kind of radios should I show in the COM page?

In the meantime, I figured I'd share with people some more progress information. Here you can see what I'm working on. If anyone would like to help with coding, testing, documentation, making some videos, or anything else they think they can contribute, I'd absolutely love it, you can contact me through pm.

And finally, here's a little demo on how the TAD cursor can be controlled when the TAD is SOI. On release you'll be able to use this to slew the TGP and make steerpoints.

• Like 1

@Yax you'd probably want to get with @Dedmen to ask about TFAR integration (https://github.com/dedmen).   I believe he is on the team or at least helping with TFAR on Github and can direct you to code or API's you would need.
For Aircraft radios you would be looking for the LR (long range) API's to grab Freq's.

• Thanks 1

Was playing around with this on our server last night, still learning how it works, but when we tried the Rover, the tgp was always stuck pointing at a random location when someone connected and didn't change location according to were the pilot was pointing the tgp, not sure if its a bug or I'm an idiot tbh.

One thing I've noticed that would be nice, is options to open/close mfd's via the ace interaction key, its a bit more intuitive for new users than keybinds, would be good to have the mouse control for the mfd's as an interaction option as well (theirs an ace chess set mod, that has an interaction menu option to give the player cursor control, and then you tap windows key again to release cursor control)

1 hour ago, SnakeDocc said:

Was playing around with this on our server last night, still learning how it works, but when we tried the Rover, the tgp was always stuck pointing at a random location when someone connected and didn't change location according to were the pilot was pointing the tgp, not sure if its a bug or I'm an idiot tbh.

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't done any JIP testing myself yet, so I'll have a look at my code and try to reproduce the issue.

1 hour ago, SnakeDocc said:

One thing I've noticed that would be nice, is options to open/close mfd's via the ace interaction key, its a bit more intuitive for new users than keybinds, would be good to have the mouse control for the mfd's as an interaction option as well (theirs an ace chess set mod, that has an interaction menu option to give the player cursor control, and then you tap windows key again to release cursor control)

Good idea, I'll put it on the backlog for a future version!

20 hours ago, yax said:

I've had a look at TFAR and to properly implement it I need to know a little more about how it works. I'll also need people to test it of course.

I've noticed looking at the API that the radios have different categories that require different functions.For ACRE I just grab the user's radio list and show the first 3, but I'm not sure I can do that with TFAR, the API radiolist function returns SW radios. What kind of radios should I show in the COM page?

This could be completely useless, but here are the tf classnames for the "airborne" radios.

http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

tf_anarc210 (blu)

tf_mr6000l (opf)

tf_anarc164 (ind)

31 minutes ago, jone_kone said:

This could be completely useless, but here are the tf classnames for the "airborne" radios.

Thanks, I went in to the arma discord yesterday to get some help on how TFAR works compared ot ACRE to get an understanding on how I could best implement it. I got some great help and will be able to get TFAR compatibility in next version without issue. I'll make another post here when it goes public for testing on the dev version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, yax said:

JIP

I meant connected to the duo-touch, I tried it again with some more people seem its not updating the feed properly, zoom was nearly always 1:1 with what the pilot was doing, but slewing would cut in and out a lot (in terms of being a life feed), or randomly snap back to somewhere from 10s ago freeze then catch back up, other times the pilot and viewer had to reset their devices to unfreeze it. also from what I could tell when it was "live" the middle of my duo touch wasn't the middle of the pilots tgp, it was offset either left or right vertical alignment was fine though from what I could tell.

5 minutes ago, SnakeDocc said:

I meant connected to the duo-touch, I tried it again with some more people seem its not updating the feed properly, zoom was nearly always 1:1 with what the pilot was doing, but slewing would cut in and out a lot (in terms of being a life feed), or randomly snap back to somewhere from 10s ago freeze then catch back up, other times the pilot and viewer had to reset their devices to unfreeze it. also from what I could tell when it was "live" the middle of my duo touch wasn't the middle of the pilots tgp, it was offset either left or right vertical alignment was fine though from what I could tell.

Good to know. I recently changed around some of the code that's used to broadcast the TGP target that I think might've caused some issues. I'll do some multiplayer testing, and if required roll back that part of the code to the previous more stable version.

Yax, I'm having some issues using the GBU 54 in Laser guided mode.  I don't seem to be able to self-designate with Laser from my TGP and have the munition guide.
Can you possible post a checklist or even better, a video showing how to get your GBU-54 variants to work?

12 hours ago, ski2060 said:

Yax, I'm having some issues using the GBU 54 in Laser guided mode.  I don't seem to be able to self-designate with Laser from my TGP and have the munition guide.
Can you possible post a checklist or even better, a video showing how to get your GBU-54 variants to work?

Drop it like a JDAM on a grid. Turn on the laser and it updates the location of the laser dot into the inertial guidance of the bomb. 

Update v1.3 - TAD, SADL, TGP

Changelog

• TGP Page shows TGP Feed
  • TGP feed configurable FOV and VisionMode
  • SOI System implemented
  • Slew & Mark from TAD
  • Situational Awareness Datalink implemented
  • Netcode upgrade - previous Rover issues gone
  • TFAR Compatibility
  • Configurable MFD Pages
  • Symbology updates
  • Rover interface update

Known Issues

• TAD Symbology disappears when IR Laser is in use

Description

With V1.3, the MFD system has turned from a tech demo to a full system. The SOI system now lets you manipulate your MFDs without having to use your mouse, and the TAD overhauls let you use the TAD to slew your TGP, create waypoints, track your flight, and share targets easier than ever. Meanwhile the now fully functional TGP page allows you to keep an eye on targets without losing eye of the rest of the world.

MFD Framework

An important improvement for those interested in helicopters is the configurable MFD pages now present in the mod. You can now configure the MFD to only feature select pages. Currently the vanilla stealth blackhawk comes with MFDs that support the COM and TAD pages.

2O2zZJz.jpg

xFwRG7B.png

ITC_Air base-classes  & Compatibility

Spoiler

To make compatibility easier, the ITC Air features have gotten some base classes to allow you to just add some simple presets.

class Heli_Attack_01_base_F;
    class Heli_Attack_01_dynamicLoadout_base_F : Heli_Attack_01_base_F {
      class itc_air : itc_air_default_heli_ah {};
    };

class Heli_Transport_01_base_F;
    class B_Heli_Transport_01_F: Heli_Transport_01_base_F {
      class itc_air : itc_air_default_heli_uh {};
    };

class ITC_A10E : Plane_CAS_01_dynamicLoadout_base_F {
        class itc_air : itc_air_default_jet {};
    };

Base classes code

class mfd_heli {
  pages[] = {"", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", ""};
  shortcuts[] = {"COM","TAD",""};
  users = 2; // 0 = pilot, 1 = gunner, 2 = both, 3 = passengers, 4 = all
};
class mfd_plane {
  pages[] = {"", "", "", "", "COM", "", "", "", "", "WPN", "", "", ""};
  shortcuts[] = {"TAD","TGP","SMS"};
  users = 2; // 0 = pilot, 1 = gunner, 2 = both, 3 = passengers, 4 = all
};

class itc_air_default_jet {
    class rover {
        capable = 1;
        frequency_default = 5784;
    };
    targeting_user = "pilot";
    hmd = 1;
    tgp = 1;
    class mfd_left : mfd_plane {};
    class mfd_right : mfd_plane {};
};

class itc_air_default_heli_ah {
    class rover {
        capable = 1;
        frequency_default = 5784;
    };
    targeting_user = "gunner";
    hmd = 1;
    tgp = 1;
    class mfd_left : mfd_heli {};
    class mfd_right : mfd_heli {};
};

class itc_air_default_heli_uh {
    class rover {capable = 0;};
    targeting_user = "gunner";
    hmd = 0;
    tgp = 0;
    class mfd_left : mfd_heli {};
    class mfd_right : mfd_heli {};
};

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

With v1.3 out, and the MFDs functioning pretty well, I'm looking in to what I can do for 1.4. For this, I'd love some feedback/suggestions.

I obviously already have some things on my backlog that are planne for the future, but I'd like to know what the people using the mod feel like they're missing.

Here's some things I'm considering

• Laser code expansion(allowing you to set your own transmitting laser code, and possibly making a GBU-12 that is compatible with laser codes)
  • FCR Upgrade, with MFD screen that allows you to set it as SOI, like pictured below, for compatible aircraft(Gripen, F-188, etc)

Wja3arN.png

Here's what I probably won't be doing

• JTAC tablets - I know this is a feature some people would like, but it won't be on any plans soon. Your requests have been heard though, and there are some long term ideas I have for integration of datalinking with ground forces.

So, what would you like to see in ITC Aircraft?

Feel free to mention it here, or have a chat on discord

17 hours ago, yax said:

With v1.3 out, and the MFDs functioning pretty well, I'm looking in to what I can do for 1.4. For this, I'd love some feedback/suggestions.

I obviously already have some things on my backlog that are planne for the future, but I'd like to know what the people using the mod feel like they're missing.

Here's some things I'm considering

• Laser code expansion(allowing you to set your own transmitting laser code, and possibly making a GBU-12 that is compatible with laser codes)
  • FCR Upgrade, with MFD screen that allows you to set it as SOI, like pictured below, for compatible aircraft(Gripen, F-188, etc)

So, what would you like to see in ITC Aircraft?

Feel free to mention it here, or have a chat on discord

Just a few short ideas...

- A working FCR MFD would be crazy cool... :D

- Doesn´t ACE have it´s own laser code system. Can you use that?

- A CCRP is something I´ve been waiting for since A3 begining. But there is probably a good reason why one hasn´t been modded yet.

- Guns dispersion, fire rate and ammo (HE etc.)?

-  Your ITC mod really increase aircraft effectiveness. Something for the ground to counter it and give ground troops some abilities to fight back.

Lastly:

Just thinking out loud, I have 0% experience in modding so disregard if needed. :) Could there be a light version of this mod? basically just the MFD:s but with vanilla weapons? Or could it be split into modules that you could activate based on personal preferences like ACE? I would love to introduce this mod to our 100+ player community, but it´s already so advanced that maybe only 5 persons would actually learn to use it. :) 

- A working FCR MFD would be crazy cool... :D

- Doesn´t ACE have it´s own laser code system. Can you use that?

-  Your ITC mod really increase aircraft effectiveness. Something for the ground to counter it and give ground troops some abilities to fight back.

The FCR is probably something I'm going to play around with soon, I think that's a feature many people would like to see improved.

I already use the ACE laser code system, it's just only applied to the LJDAM seeker at the moment.

Some slight improvements of air defenses are in consideration, though a great way to limit its murderising rate is also just tasking it differently (recce with sensors and finding and hitting important targets in the enemy rear area helps a lot).

Just thinking out loud, I have 0% experience in modding so disregard if needed. :) Could there be a light version of this mod? basically just the MFD:s but with vanilla weapons? Or could it be split into modules that you could activate based on personal preferences like ACE? I would love to introduce this mod to our 100+ player community, but it´s already so advanced that maybe only 5 persons would actually learn to use it. :) 

Since the mod is 0.9MB in total, and everything in the mod is already optional(I don't override any base weapons or force any systems), I'm not sure what a light version would be, it's even lighter than a fair amount of missions out there.

Actually,if you wanted to make a real difference,you would need to incorporate all factors in a Tablet+BDA ,ability to send photos before/after to give the SP-players some ability to become experts of the Air-element.

Beefing up armor values for A-10 to real-world values,and maybe a 30% offset for AAA-units for some real-close-in action and some working ECM-gear will bring new stuff to the flying.

In short ;We will need a tablet,it`s a system element needed to make this work.

You are shocking Armas Flying and FACing world mate. I'd just say improve what you have now and maybe integrate it with ACE3 either as an option or not.

I havent been able to try this yet. But when I do I will give you my feedback from my profession as an AF pilot. 

V1.35 Mini-update: Laser codes, GBU-12, APKWS, Laser Spot Search

Changelog

• GBU-12 with laser code
  • APKWS with laser code
  • TGP laser spot search updated
  • TGP configurable laser code
  • Combat mix(4 AP, 1 HE) for GAU-8, burst removed

Known issues

• TAD Symbology disappears when IR Laser is in use
  • APKWS slightly too maneuverable(will be toned down in the future)

Description

V1.35 is a small update to apply laser related updates across the board.

The new bombs and rockets

The GBU-12 on ITC aircraft are no longer the same bomb as on the vanilla aircraft. The ITC Gbu-12 now uses ACE’s laser seeker function to search for a coded laser. By default of course this is 1111 as always.

The ITC Gbu-12 also removed the vanilla LOBL system. Gbu-12s are now dropped like you would any other bomb.

Alongside the Gbu-12, APKWS rockets have also been implemented. These, like the Gbu-12 are laser coded, and no longer have the vanilla lobl system. You shoot them like you would any other rocket.

Changing the laser codes

Laser codes on paveways and APKWS can’t be configured in-flight. This is currently done on the ground with the ace interaction menu. This will be improved in the future, but works for now.

d6PJqhF.jpg

Laser Spot Search & Track

The laser spot search feature has been overhauled. Previously it would just find the nearest laserTarget object and lock on to it. In its current form, when you enable Laser Spot Search, the pod will start scanning in its currently set direction and field of view for any laser with the desired code. While searching the TGP will say LSS on the right side. When it finds a laser, the TGP will start tracking it, and will say LST on the right side.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Seriously dude. STOP being so awesome, it's really starting to annoy people now. ;) 

• Like 1

Awesome mod! Our group is really enjoying it

Seems there's a bug with the IR laser and helicopters. I couldn't capture it on screenshot but to the ground observer two lasers come out from the bird intermittently. Tried it with both RHS birds and Vanilla birds.

The Vanilla A-10 works fine

• Thanks 1

We tested the mod on our dedicated server and had big troubles.

I cant switch off the ir laser again, had big lags when we try to use the rover with the huntir monitor and so on.

At the end i cant rejoin the server again until an other user left him.

Do we have to run the mod on the server ? or has it to be active just on the client side?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, calebfg2 said:

Awesome mod! Our group is really enjoying it

Seems there's a bug with the IR laser and helicopters. I couldn't capture it on screenshot but to the ground observer two lasers come out from the bird intermittently. Tried it with both RHS birds and Vanilla birds.

The Vanilla A-10 works fine

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have a look at the helicopter code next week.

2 hours ago, TitansWeasel said:

We tested the mod on our dedicated server and had big troubles.

I cant switch off the ir laser again, had big lags when we try to use the rover with the huntir monitor and so on.

At the end i cant rejoin the server again until an other user left him.

Do we have to run the mod on the server ? or has it to be active just on the client side?

While I'm not sure if it's absolutely required, I would recommend having the mod on all clients and the server, with all matching versions. It's how I run and test it myself.

Do you have any more information on how/when the issues occurred? How many players were on the server, did everyone have the mod installed, what version of the mod were you using, how many aircraft were you running?

Either way I'll have a look at lowering the load on the server, and maybe allow users to disable features that might create network issues on large servers.

We were experiencing similar issues as well but I couldn't nail down what it was, now that he brought up the rover I think it was that.

We have the newest version on all clients and the server. We had one RHS helicopter up with a couple of us trying to view the feed. There were 6 of us on the server in total. 

We experienced a very large (several minute) desync event 

• Thanks 1