yax

ITC Air Systems - V1.8 - CCRP, Encore, Updated Compatibility

Introduction

ITC Land Systems is a mod that aims to adds depth and realism to arma’s aircraft, with the main focus being fixed wing aircraft in the ground attack role.

Update V1.8

Update V1.7 - performance, usability, reliability

Changes: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/215419-itc-air-systems-v16-fcr-mavericks-new-mfd-system/?do=findComment&comment=3298124

Update V1.6 - Major overhaul

• Fully interactive MFDs
  • Sensor slewing system(including HMCS)
  • Realistically configurable JDAMs(programmable fuzes & impact angle)
  • Selectable Nose/Tail fuzes
  • Ripple release for bombs
  • Air-Ground Fire Control Radar
  • Realistic physx based autopilot
  • Rover TGP video feed
  • Realistic targeting for mavericks
  • TGP Infrared marking laser
  • Steerpoint system for navigation and targeting

Expect new documentation on the github wiki soon

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=I7_3CVfOZKc

Hotfix V1.51

• Fixed a GBU-12 guidance problem
  • Fixed a config inheritance issue

Update V1.5 - Two seaters and Bomb rippling

It has been a while, but here it is, v1.5

Changelog

• Two seater compatibility
  • Bomb ripple releasing

Known issues

• Waypoint autocycle sometimes may not work properly with paired releases, as the second bomb will release before the waypoint is cycled.

Two seater system

The two seater system comes in the form of a scripted system that lets the WSO and pilot share the pilot's TGP, and a system that synchronizes the steerpoints between the two users. The WSO camera can by default be opened with left shift + down.

Bomb ripple release

In V1.5 you will be able to ripple certain bombs, both guided and unguided. If your bomb can be rippled the settings for it will show up in the WPN page when it is selected. Ripple-able bombs include dumb bombs like the mk82, but also guided bombs like the JDAM. The ripple system will also let you automatically cycle waypoints every time a bomb is released.

Future plans

This update came a little slower than the previous ones, but worry not, my work itself has not slowed down. I have started shifting attention to a new project. For some sneak peeks feel free to join the discord.

Update V1.4 - Pylon/Bombs Drag & Weight, SADL Datalink messaging, Fuel consumption indicator

Spoiler

It's that time of the year week! Update time! Today's update doesn't bring much new systems, but rather is just a general purpose quality of life update that adds a bunch of small things to improve existing systems. Let's get to it!

Changelog

• Drag & mass system for ammo and magazines
  • STPT page
  • MSG page
  • STAT page

Pylon drag & Weight

Probably what people will bhe the most interested in. It's also the most iffy feature and is disabled by default, as it's still pretty experimental.

How does it work

I calculate the drag coefficient and mass of all your pylons and ammo on them, and then apply them to your airplane as a downward force and drag force. The severeness of the effect can be tweaked by users as of now through two variables, the drag & mass multiplier that can be accessed through the CBA addon configuration.

Due to the requirement to add custom config values to munitions and magazines, this feature might not properly function for all munitions.

How to enable it

You can enable this feature through the CBA addon configuration options.

QjQkqSV.png

SADL Datalink Messaging

You can now use the MSG page to message other SADL Datalink users.

Reading messages

By default you read messages, you can use UP and DN to change the message. Below, currently in the screenshot 01-01 is the sender of the message (ID-GR).

When in the writing screen you can press RCVD to go back to reading.

The DEL and WRT buttons currently don't work in the message reading screen.

Ixqvg5s.png

Composing messages

Press NEW to start composing a message.

You'll be faced with an empty screen with a caret for a line. You can use UP and DN to change your line, then use WRT to write on that line. You can use the field by default marked 00-01 to change the recipients, the format is ID-GR, when ID is 00, it will be sent to the whole group. When you're ready to send the message you can press SEND.

If you want to clear out your message, you can clear it with DEL.

STAT Page

The status page offers some basic information about your aircraft. It prints all your hitpoints with their status (undamaged = OK, damage > 20% = DAM,  damage > 50% = FAIL). It prints your current fuel percentage, and it prints your flight time left at current fuel consumption.

q2SbbWn.png

STPT Page

The steerpoint management page lets you  view your steerpoints, re-order them, re-name them and change their position and elevation(ASL). Remember, the elevation is 0 by default, so ensure you correctly set the elevation if you want to generate targeting data for JDAMs.

The UP and DN scroll through the list, but not change the selected steerpoint, that is done by changing your selected steerpoint with the regular hotkey.

OzlTmRc.png

Hotfix V1.351

Spoiler

After my inconveniently timed absence I'm back at my pc and working on the issue. I'm fairly confident this hotfix will fix the server issues.

If after this hotfix you do still experience problems caused by ITC Aircraft, first all the network code is disabled when you turn off the SPI sharing, Rover and IR Laser.

Updated docs

V1.35 Mini-update: Laser codes, GBU-12, APKWS, Laser Spot Search

Spoiler

Changelog

• GBU-12 with laser code
  • APKWS with laser code
  • TGP laser spot search updated
  • TGP configurable laser code
  • Combat mix(4 AP, 1 HE) for GAU-8, burst removed

Known issues

• TAD Symbology disappears when IR Laser is in use
  • APKWS slightly too maneuverable(will be toned down in the future)

Description

V1.35 is a small update to apply laser related updates across the board.

The new bombs and rockets

The GBU-12 on ITC aircraft are no longer the same bomb as on the vanilla aircraft. The ITC Gbu-12 now uses ACE’s laser seeker function to search for a coded laser. By default of course this is 1111 as always.

The ITC Gbu-12 also removed the vanilla LOBL system. Gbu-12s are now dropped like you would any other bomb.

Alongside the Gbu-12, APKWS rockets have also been implemented. These, like the Gbu-12 are laser coded, and no longer have the vanilla lobl system. You shoot them like you would any other rocket.

Changing the laser codes

Laser codes on paveways and APKWS can’t be configured in-flight. This is currently done on the ground with the ace interaction menu. This will be improved in the future, but works for now.

d6PJqhF.jpg

Laser Spot Search & Track

The laser spot search feature has been overhauled. Previously it would just find the nearest laserTarget object and lock on to it. In its current form, when you enable Laser Spot Search, the pod will start scanning in its currently set direction and field of view for any laser with the desired code. While searching the TGP will say LSS on the right side. When it finds a laser, the TGP will start tracking it, and will say LST on the right side.

Update v1.3 - TAD, SADL, TGP

Spoiler

Changelog

• TGP Page shows TGP Feed
  • TGP feed configurable FOV and VisionMode
  • SOI System implemented
  • Slew & Mark from TAD
  • Situational Awareness Datalink implemented
  • Netcode upgrade - previous Rover issues gone
  • TFAR Compatibility
  • Configurable MFD Pages
  • Symbology updates
  • Rover interface update

Known Issues

• TAD Symbology disappears when IR Laser is in use

Description

With V1.3, the MFD system has turned from a tech demo to a full system. The SOI system now lets you manipulate your MFDs without having to use your mouse, and the TAD overhauls let you use the TAD to slew your TGP, create waypoints, track your flight, and share targets easier than ever. Meanwhile the now fully functional TGP page allows you to keep an eye on targets without losing eye of the rest of the world.

MFD Framework

An important improvement for those interested in helicopters is the configurable MFD pages now present in the mod. You can now configure the MFD to only feature select pages. Currently the vanilla stealth blackhawk comes with MFDs that support the COM and TAD pages.

2O2zZJz.jpg

xFwRG7B.png

ITC_Air base-classes  & Compatibility

Spoiler

To make compatibility easier, the ITC Air features have gotten some base classes to allow you to just add some simple presets.

class Heli_Attack_01_base_F;
    class Heli_Attack_01_dynamicLoadout_base_F : Heli_Attack_01_base_F {
      class itc_air : itc_air_default_heli_ah {};
    };

class Heli_Transport_01_base_F;
    class B_Heli_Transport_01_F: Heli_Transport_01_base_F {
      class itc_air : itc_air_default_heli_uh {};
    };

class ITC_A10E : Plane_CAS_01_dynamicLoadout_base_F {
        class itc_air : itc_air_default_jet {};
    };

Base classes code

class mfd_heli {
  pages[] = {"", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", ""};
  shortcuts[] = {"COM","TAD",""};
  users = 2; // 0 = pilot, 1 = gunner, 2 = both, 3 = passengers, 4 = all
};
class mfd_plane {
  pages[] = {"", "", "", "", "COM", "", "", "", "", "WPN", "", "", ""};
  shortcuts[] = {"TAD","TGP","SMS"};
  users = 2; // 0 = pilot, 1 = gunner, 2 = both, 3 = passengers, 4 = all
};

class itc_air_default_jet {
    class rover {
        capable = 1;
        frequency_default = 5784;
    };
    targeting_user = "pilot";
    hmd = 1;
    tgp = 1;
    class mfd_left : mfd_plane {};
    class mfd_right : mfd_plane {};
};

class itc_air_default_heli_ah {
    class rover {
        capable = 1;
        frequency_default = 5784;
    };
    targeting_user = "gunner";
    hmd = 1;
    tgp = 1;
    class mfd_left : mfd_heli {};
    class mfd_right : mfd_heli {};
};

class itc_air_default_heli_uh {
    class rover {capable = 0;};
    targeting_user = "gunner";
    hmd = 0;
    tgp = 0;
    class mfd_left : mfd_heli {};
    class mfd_right : mfd_heli {};
};

UPDATE V1.2 - MFDs, Compatibility, LJDAM

Spoiler

Changelog

• IR Laser no longer requires Rover
  • RHS USAF requirement removed
  • LJDAM added
  • JDAM reliability improved
  • Functional MFD system

Known issues

• COM page radio volume doesn't work
  • TAD markers disappear when IR marking laser is enabled

Description

V1.2 features the MFD system first release. All ITC Aircraft features can now be configured through MFDs. For ACRE users, the COMs page can also be used to change the channel on their radios. For non-ACRE users, don't touch these buttons right now they'll give you an error. Documentation is not yet up to date, and will be updated in the following week.

UTTxUQs.png

Future plans - MFD framework

The MFDs are already pretty modular as it is from a developer point of view, so in the future I intend to take advantage of this and push it further.

Currently planes can be defined to have left, right, or both MFDs possible, to allow simulation of planes that only have one MFD.

Next up will be page-restricted MFDs. The goal here is to allow people to enable limited MFDs for various vehicles, ie letting users configure a single MFD for their transport helicopter with only a COM and TAD page

Finally will be user-programmable pages. To allow people to completely fill out their own MFDs to add any feature they'd like.

Future plans - General

I intend to expand the MFD pages as I add more functionality, upcoming features will likely be

Nose and Tail fuzes on bombs

MFD TGP page displays live TGP feed

Contents

Here are some of the core features of the mod. To view the full contents of the mod, view the documentation.

Rover

Spoiler

The rover is a video receiver allowing infantry to view a live feed from an aircraft’s targeting pod through the ACE HuntIR monitor. It functions by the pilot enabling his broadcast on a frequency, the player entering this frequency on his rover, and then opening the huntIR monitor to watch the feed. More extensive information can be found in the documentation.

Bye2Wcz.jpg

Munitions

WP Smoke Rockets

Spoiler

One of the most simple additions in the mod is Bursting WP smoke rockets. These quickly create a cloud of smoke which lingers for a short time. WP rockets are well suited to use as target marking / reference points, and quickly obscuring friendly ground forces.

hnHnnez.png

GBU-38 JDAM

Spoiler

Visually represented by a mk82 model in our mod, our JDAM is very much function over form(because we don’t know how to make things look pretty). The ITC Air JDAMs have programmable fuzes, impact angles, and guide to your stored steerpoints. This lets you simultaneously engage multiple targets in any conditions.

aJkbtfJ.png

Steerpoints

ITC Aircraft comes with a steerpoint system to help users navigate, target, and communicate locations. Steerpoints are stored in the ACE Microdagr waypoint list, allowing players to easily create them from the microdagr. Alternatively steerpoints can be generated from the current TGP position with a hotkey, automatically saving them as a microdagr waypoint with the naming scheme “Mark n”(number).

Targeting

HMCS: Pilots can use a hotkey to lock the TGP to a position they are looking at with their HMD.

Steerpoints: When switching steerpoints, the TGP will automatically lock to the position of the selected steerpoint.

Radar: Pilots can use a hotkey to lock the TGP to the location of a vehicle currently locked by the radar.

IR Marker

Spoiler

6kwOKUd.png

ITC Air features infrared laser markers for helicopter gunner stations. Unlike designator lasers, the marking lasers have beams visible with night vision equipment, and can not be used to guide munitions. The marking lasers are well suited for rapidly acquiring and confirming targets. Allowing aircraft to meet any marks by ground controllers with their own lasers to ensure correct targeting. They are also well suited for communicating targets between multiple aircraft at night.

UyieUPB.png

HMD & TGP

Spoiler

To increase situational awareness, we have included an HMD, and various extensions to TGP symbology.

32x9Bmg.png

73kjFF4.png

Compatibility

Requirements

CBA A3

ACE 3

Included Aircraft

The mod’s features can be configured for any aircraft, but by default it works on 2 standard aircraft and 2 Jets DLC aircraft. All of our mod’s aircraft are custom versions to ensure the mod is always kept completely optional. All can be found under NATO > Airplanes.

F/A-181 > F-181E

A-164 -> A-10E

A-149 -> Jas-39E

A-143 -> A-159

Compatibility

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1501767670

Documentation

Documentation can be found here

Download

The mod can be found on the steam workshop

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

Beat me to it haha great job. Want some input to expand this?

Like realistic LGB behaviour? 

Can it be used without RHS atall?? 

Looks great! Well thought out. Had a similar question about RHS

1 hour ago, Crielaard said:

Beat me to it haha great job. Want some input to expand this?

Like realistic LGB behaviour? 

Can it be used without RHS atall?? 

If you've got any ideas on improving LGBs feel free to post them. Currently the mod does not have any custom LGB features.

47 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

Looks great! Well thought out. Had a similar question about RHS

I use some hardpoints from RHS US, but might look in to doing a version that doesn't require RHS and instead uses vanilla stuff.

• Like 2

Hi Yax. Allright here we go. 

The Paveway variants I used were Multi mode which provides the ability to home on GPS and gain final guidance by laser. That would be cool. 

Also, when the paveway is thrown roughly into the LTDs direction there is a serious chance the bomb locks onto the LTD since it is the strongest laser source.

Nice feature to make players thing their final attack headings well through and improves the need of a JTAC.

• Like 1

Great mod. İt will be nice if someone post a video about GBU-38 JDAM and ACE Microdagr use)

Wow. Very impressive :)

And useful! How bout that?

51 minutes ago, Crielaard said:

Hi Yax. Allright here we go. 

The Paveway variants I used were Multi mode which provides the ability to home on GPS and gain final guidance by laser. That would be cool. 

Also, when the paveway is thrown roughly into the LTDs direction there is a serious chance the bomb locks onto the LTD since it is the strongest laser source.

Nice feature to make players thing their final attack headings well through and improves the need of a JTAC.

I've definitely got dual mode bombs on the planning, likely in the form of the GBU-54 LJDAM, but maybe also something like an EGBU, though before I do that I want to update the JDAM guidance script just a bit more.

I wasn't aware of the LTD thing, I'll look in to that, that could be a cool feature.

46 minutes ago, sammael said:

Great mod. İt will be nice if someone post a video about GBU-38 JDAM and ACE Microdagr use)

I quickly recorded something showing both generating steerpoints from the TGP, and using the microdagr itself.

• Like 1

Yax, you might want to talk to Firewill about his weaponry mod.  He has Dual Use weapons with multiple weapon systems.  GBU, EGBU, SDB' etc.
He has managed to get them using Non-Lock employment with midrange GPS guidance, and terminal guidance using Laser/IR/CCD etc. 

Question:  How do you program the GBU angle of attack?  I could find no documentation on your website for it.
Rover Documentation also appears to be absent so far

3 hours ago, yax said:

Dude! Does this mean you can even Preplan Targets!? Like... on the ground!? 

I wonder if you have to be in the aircraft for target point designation to work.
If you can be out of the aircraft and get it to work... that would be awesome!

Even if you just need to sit in the cockpit and input it in your MicroDAGR would be suficient allready. ?

3 minutes ago, Crielaard said:

Dude! Does this mean you can even Preplan Targets!? Like... on the ground!? 

You can, though you do have to manually put them in to your MicroDAGR one by one at mission start. I do intend on adding some kind of steerpoint sharing between aircraft in the future, and possibly some kind of tool to mass load targets by copy-pasting them from an external tool(like a website or a csv spreadsheet, I'm not sure yet).

1 minute ago, ski2060 said:

I wonder if you have to be in the aircraft for target point designation to work.
If you can be out of the aircraft and get it to work... that would be awesome!

You can put the targets in your microdagr as a waypoint whenever, the aircraft doesn't care when or where you put them in, it just lets you select whatever is in there. Mission makers could even script-add microdagr waypoints to pilots if they want to save them some effort on highly pre-planned things.

Extending on that thought, would it be possible to share data from a Rover Equipped unit on the ground marking Waypoints on a Micro-DAGR and uploading to orbiting aircraft?

reading a csv file should do. just adding it to the mission. pbo. or.... player profile folder? 

2 minutes ago, ski2060 said:

Extending on that thought, would it be possible to share data from a Rover Equipped unit on the ground marking Waypoints on a Micro-DAGR and uploading to orbiting aircraft?

at this point Rover is receive only. DACAS systems exist but doest work through the rover receives afaik. 

• Like 1

I ended up making the planned guidance updates yesterday. As mentioned in the documentation, the bombs sometimes fell short at 30deg and went over at 80deg. The bombs are now completely reliable at all impact angles.

HF2e9w2.jpg

After implementing this I also coded an LJDAM. It uses ACE seeker code, though is currently hard-coded to laser code 1111. It is available on the dev version.  For the next main release the laser code will be configurable. The Laser Spot Track will also be using ACE laser seekers. The LJDAMs have the same impact angle and programmable fuze capabilities like the regular JDAMs.

• Like 3

So a little update, as I'm intending to implement more bomb configurations and more systems, a million keyboard buttons aren't going to cut it anymore so I'm slowly starting to look at alternative options.

Here's a little something I'm toying around with.

• Like 1

That is nice!  Might get issues with the PIP size for those MFD's.  With extended range it might cause some FPS issues.  Any way to shrink them down just a little bit? 
Looks great though. All the information in one place, can adjust with mouse if needed.

Will you keep the keybinds? Since those can be bound to HOTAS keys still.

Overall I don't think the PiP size will be an issue, my computer is ancient and can handle it pretty ok. Though that will be addressed when it'll get properly integrated in the mod.

I will keep keybinds around for stuff that's convenient to have, for example cycling waypoints will always be a keybind. Things like changing your fuze types and impact angles will no longer be keybinds when the time comes.

Hmmm.. how much of an impact will it be to keep them as keybinds?  I ask because one of our pilots has F16 MFD sets and can only utilize them with controls that can be bound to keys.
If they go mouse only that may impact people that use MFDs or HOTAS setups.

If it's not possible I understand.  Just want to give you an idea of where the interest is coming from.