jtot10

Mods deleting themselves

All of the mods I have downloaded were just deleted for no reason for the third time in the past two weeks. I haven't been playing with files or anything, they just kind of disappear. Tried the "watched folder" option, but to no avail. Is there any way to keep this from happening in the future? 

Are the "deleted mods" from the Steam Workshop (and are they still on the Steam Workshop)? Often times illegal mods are pulled from the Steam Workshop, when they are, everyone that has "subscribed" to them are automatically Unsubscribed and the files are removed.  

• Like 1

On ‎15‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 6:39 AM, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

Are the "deleted mods" from the Steam Workshop (and are they still on the Steam Workshop)? Often times illegal mods are pulled from the Steam Workshop, when they are, everyone that has "subscribed" to them are automatically Unsubscribed and the files are removed.  

Think this happened to me. Had a mod with two bicycles and suddenly it is gone. Also nowhere to be found in the Workshop.

Fine that they delete illegal stuff, but now I can not open all my created missions with that mod in it. Big problem as you can see.

You might also know a solution for this?

Yes, do  not use mods that contain questionable content. On a serious note, stay away from 95% of the "Life content", "Car Packs" and mods of similar ilk. 

On 17/03/2018 at 5:29 PM, Antilochos said:

now I can not open all my created missions with that mod in it. Big problem as you can see.

You might also know a solution for this?

You can edit the mission file directly with a text editor and remove any references to those objects, like the spawning of them and the addon reference required for them. You'll find the addon reference at the top of the file, and the spawning you'll need to hunt them down further down in the file.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dmarkwick said:

You can edit the mission file directly with a text editor and remove any references to those objects, like the spawning of them and the addon reference required for them. You'll find the addon reference at the top of the file, and the spawning you'll need to hunt them down further down in the file.

Thanks mate.

Might be a bit to technical for me, but will try it (and might learn it doing so).