zozo

Tanks - SP Mini-campaign and Showcase

On Requiem Mission 3, please refine the AI of the 2 Slammers that are supposed to flank the defensive lines from the East after you take out that big wave. In my playthrough, they just stood where they were. Luckily, I had a Zeus mod on (I don't cheat :P) and I could look around to see what was the problem (it was especially confusing because I didn't know whether to wait or search and destroy, but stray too far and you get scolded, even fail mission). After zapping the two Slammers with my mighty lightning powers, the objective was complete and I could proceed to the next phase. This could have been gamebreaking for me, unless maybe I restarted the mission.

Just finished Altis requiem and I must say that you had done an excellent work! All missions are very immersive, but they could be a little more longer. Even a number of details is fascinating - for example a pool of water at the OP of quad bikers in first mission.

But there is a few things:

* FIA offroad near Ifestiona is spawned at the rocks, so hangs in the air (1st mission)

* Commander of the checkpoint has a radio voice (1st mission)
* Support vehicles maybe sould be indestructible and they should move into town once is secured (2nd mission)

* Offroads and Rhino at the beachhead are no match for my tank - they even didn't noticed me (2nd mission)

* Two Slammers on the east are not moving (3rd mission)

1 hour ago, Bobrus said:

* FIA offroad near Ifestiona is spawned at the rocks, so hangs in the air (1st mission)

If you are viewing it from a distance with medium/lower terrain detail settings, it may seems it's levitating, but it should be placed on ground.

1 hour ago, Bobrus said:

* Commander of the checkpoint has a radio voice (1st mission)

Will be changed to 'direct' conversation mode with no radio post-processes.

1 hour ago, Bobrus said:

* Support vehicles maybe sould be indestructible and they should move into town once is secured (2nd mission)

Due to various factors they have to stay at their position the whole time.

1 hour ago, Bobrus said:

* Offroads and Rhino at the beachhead are no match for my tank - they even didn't noticed me (2nd mission)

Well, tank on steroids you know, as they said in the Dev Diary : )

1 hour ago, Bobrus said:

* Two Slammers on the east are not moving (3rd mission)

Will investigate. The whole offensive needs some reworking anyway.

• Like 1

I have just finished the campaign and I have to say I very much enjoyed playing it. The voice acting and cutscenes were very well made and the story fits very nicely into the main campaign. 

20 hours ago, wattywatts said:

If you are viewing it from a distance with medium/lower terrain detail settings, it may seems it's levitating, but it should be placed on ground.

Yeah, I was about 900 meters away, thanks for the explanation. 
Edit: Played with Terrain set to High. 

20 hours ago, wattywatts said:

Will investigate. The whole offensive needs some reworking anyway.

I also noticed a Cheetah attacking the first defensive line which was really funny :D But please, don't remove A-164 Wipeouts! They are greatly demonstrating NATO's aerial superiority. 

17 hours ago, R3vo said:

I have just finished the campaign and I have to say I very much enjoyed playing it. The voice acting and cutscenes were very well made and the story fits very nicely into the main campaign. 

I also like those cutscenes, especially that last one bound to perfect ending - it seems something like "farewell" to me. 

Anyway, it's a shame we didn't get more AAF missions or story in the past. 

Edited by Bobrus
Added terrain settings.

In showcase scenario If I do not kill the spotter then mortar fire kills me instantly in 2 minutes. There is no way to escape from mortar fire just driving by zig-zaging. I cannot believe in such precise mortar fire in real life.

Showcase mission:

As a commander, I lase a target with my laser designator.

How come I can't lock the missile on it?

I think the missile thing is so fucked up, cause the only way to use it is only when the SF have target the AA.

Or when a tank is immobilized and you gotta fire it manually.

It's totally useless.

Plus, how can't we choose the number of ammo we want?

For instance, HEAT is useless, I'd rather have more AP.

Also, what are the victory conditions?

I destroyed the 4 tanks heading to Sofia and nothing happens.

5 hours ago, Wiki said:

Showcase mission:

As a commander, I lase a target with my laser designator.

How come I can't lock the missile on it?

I think the missile thing is so fucked up, cause the only way to use it is only when the SF have target the AA.

Or when a tank is immobilized and you gotta fire it manually.

It's totally useless.

As tank commander, turn the laser designator on and point it to some ground/tree and use T to select the laser target, move laser onto the tanks, then use Ctrl+LMB to command fire.

Tank commanding does require some work, as with the rest of Arma 3, but I imagine we'll have to wait until Arma 4.

Nah it doesn't work, the missile can't get a lock on the laser whatsoever.

10 hours ago, Wiki said:

Nah it doesn't work, the missile can't get a lock on the laser whatsoever.

So far I remember one doesn't need to lock the target. I simply changed to top down attack and aimed in the direction of the AAA and the missile automatically locked on to it.

27 minutes ago, R3vo said:

So far I remember one doesn't need to lock the target. I simply changed to top down attack and aimed in the direction of the AAA and the missile automatically locked on to it.

I suspect what Wiki means is the general use of the Rhinos commander turret Laser Designator to create a target for the ATGM round.

In my experience it is possible but a bit 'hit or miss' . The only feedback you get that the laser is locked appears in one of the GUI panel elements you bring up with [ or ] (Default bindings) It just says 'Laser'.

I don't recall anything visible under the cursor to let you know it's locked, but I could be wrong.

One way or another, I found it significantly less effective against the moving tanks in the scenario. Much better used in top down against static targets.

So, I can lock on the laser.

But unlick the usual "tab" button, gotta use the "lock" button.

It is really weird.

The way we lock targets now has been changed with Tanks DLC.

that is really weird.

On the other hand, I can still lock a target or the laser  with "tab" button when using a chopper or a plane.

The "lock" function is not the same depending of the vehicle I am using.

I can't actually try the Altis requiem campaign. When I click on it in the menu, It keeps starting Steel Pegasus instead. No mods are active.

Did you verify the integrity of the game files? Sounds like something in your installation is borked.

I did, sadly it didn't help.

Update:

Must have been some bogus on my end. I verified it again, restarted both Steam and computer, game downloaded some files and now it works.

Edited by vojtzech
update