zozo

Tanks - Vanguard MP Mode

vanguard_icon_final2_64_ca.png.a5f03b02ca13ceee254a20e64b7c767e.png

We will be performing another Vanguard MP Dev test tomorrow 22.03. at 14:30 (13:30 UTC).  Again we will be using the Official Public EU server (85.190.155.162). Join us if you want! ;)

We have improved a lot of stuff since the last time. We would like to know your opinion on: Leadership, Revive, Dynamic Groups, Spectator and overall gameplay.

• Like 5

Vanguard MP test:

I apologize for the issues. There's a bug in the exe causing us to be kicked out from the server. It will take a time to find the problem and fix it. The session has been canceled. Sorry.

• Like 1

I would recommend adding the vanguard servers to the Official Servers tab to get more traffic to the game mode, it's already getting a reasonable amount of players with people searching for it, but I doubt this will be sustainable when I imagine quite a few people don't know about it.

Also I think global channel should have mic muted by default, as it gets quite annoying hearing people accidentally talking in the wrong channel.

• Like 1

@zozo Do you remember ?

I wrote to support BE but they did not answer me. Fortunately, after the official update everything is OK.
I'm happy but I do not understand why everything is OK now with BE in the official (stable v1.82) version of the game and I had a problem in the DEV and RC versions.
As I predicted, now other people have this problem but in the official version. A small example.

+ server Discord EUTW.

Sink-Dziś o 20:16

Still not able to play because BattlEye fails to update

Any1 aware of how to fix this? Already verified game integrity.

12 hours ago, Tshi said:

I would recommend adding the vanguard servers to the Official Servers tab to get more traffic to the game mode, it's already getting a reasonable amount of players with people searching for it, but I doubt this will be sustainable when I imagine quite a few people don't know about it.

They are already listed. It took hell of a long time to get cached. Enjoy! ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zozo said:

They are already listed. It took hell of a long time to get cached. Enjoy! ;)

lfm3kCQ.jpg

Don't see them anywhere

I just joined a match to have a look at it. Everybody dead on respawn and match dind't finish.

Outstanding.

I like the idea of the game mode.
I wanted to introduce him to friends.
Unfortunately there was too much team kill.
Blows my friends gave up explaining that he did not want to play anymore and that it did not give them any desire to buy your super DLC tanks.
Could you disable friendly fire on your servers?

12 hours ago, esfumato said:

I just joined a match to have a look at it. Everybody dead on respawn and match dind't finish.

Outstanding.

Hi there

What server you were connected to? Was it the official one or a custom scenario? Can you explain the situation a little bit more please? By "everybody dead", do you mean you were in the spectator mode? How did you recognize everybody were dead?

10 hours ago, alexun said:

I like the idea of the game mode.
I wanted to introduce him to friends.
Unfortunately there was too much team kill.
Blows my friends gave up explaining that he did not want to play anymore and that it did not give them any desire to buy your super DLC tanks.
Could you disable friendly fire on your servers?

Well, trolls everywhere... or do you think these kills were made accidentally? Or just people killing each other for a fun?

13 hours ago, Tshi said:

Don't see them anywhere

Weird. If you used Internet tab and filtered Team Death Match, do you see them?

1 hour ago, zozo said:

Hi there

What server you were connected to? Was it the official one or a custom scenario? Can you explain the situation a little bit more please? By "everybody dead", do you mean you were in the spectator mode? How did you recognize everybody were dead?

Zozo I can. Only guess here. But perhaps it is like the official escape missions on the bis servers.

If everyone dies. Instead of the mission resetting. It just stays on as failed. So basically you join in. Intro screen then comes up mission failed too many died. So you stuck there. 

As far as I know, and not seen anyone else do otherwise.  the only way to fix it is when everyone leaves , server restarts or (a fucking nightmare) trying to get everyone to vote an admin to restart the mission.

Also on that note (and off topic). Has the voting system for admins been changed. Was playing on official server above happen. Three people on two of us voted for admin nothing happened. The other guy was idoling in the lobby. It was only when he eventually disconnected that the vote went through.

It is arduous enough trying to get an admin voted to restart missions or sort team killers. 

1 hour ago, teabagginpeople said:

Zozo I can. Only guess here. But perhaps it is like the official escape missions on the bis servers.

Soo, are we speaking about the Escape scenarios or the Vanguard mode? Whatever can be fixed, I just need to know what mode it is ;)

23 minutes ago, zozo said:

Soo, are we speaking about the Escape scenarios or the Vanguard mode? Whatever can be fixed, I just need to know what mode it is ;)

ha point taken. I was talking about the issue in escape official, the server not restarting the mission after a fail. perhaps it is same issue this guy had, everyone was dead on re spawn(??), mission did not restart (same as escape).

3 hours ago, zozo said:

Weird. If you used Internet tab and filtered Team Death Match, do you see them?

Yes, I see them there if you filter them, but these are Official Bohemia servers and should surely be on the Official Servers tab, so it will increase the number of people playing on them, otherwise I fear this mode may die quite soon.

Also I have a couple of other critiques, which I think you should listen to because I can see the people who know about this mode getting tired of it.

First is the team killing, it's really bad. In almost every match, one guy will decide to be hilarious and fire a launcher at the whole team during the briefing phase, or gun everyone down with a machine gun. There either needs to be respawns during setup time, invulnerability during setup/in base and ways to permanently punish people for ruining other people's experiences. Also, when it comes to vote kicking in a game mode like this, it should only need the required number of people on their team, not on the entire server, because it is highly unlikely the whole server will vote kick, when they are only causing one team problems.

Second as I mentioned previously Global mic should be disabled, because there's always someone spamming down the mic, or someone accidentally talking in the wrong channel. It's fine for people to type, but there is absolutely no need for global voice chat.

Also, with the servers being only found on the internet tab, there's only ever one server which runs the same two maps over and over again. This is going to get really boring, but there should be a few more maps and if there are, put them in the rotation (at least 5, with some smaller and bigger ones). Also on the current maps the balance doesn't seem to be the best, for example on the Chapoi map Opfor get an APC, when no other team gets anything like it and some of the vehicles used are strange (no Marshall for Blufor on the Syrta map? etc.)

Finally in my experience Dynamic Groups don't seem to work, but that may be intentional.

• Like 1

@zozo and Dev Team.

Thx for this wonderful game mode and cool new features.

Some suggestions:

In my opinion, in next weeks you need publish hotfix for mission.

1) Dynamic groups not working = Spam on voice chat, broke team work

2) After briefing phase server need to be block for joining players. U can save 2 slots in each team for spectators

3) Spectators mode have bug (Post video about it in next week).

In a nutshell, JIP can use your AI Soldier with keyboard.

4) Disable voice in global chat, only text

5) Player in commander role can't use side and group chat, only commander chat. Can't join group.

6) Commander chat can hear SQ Leaders and lone wolfs without group.

7) Add Stratis for Vanguard

8) Add Angara and Nyx for new location in Altis or Malden

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pr9inichek said:

@zozo and Dev Team.

Thx for this wonderful game mode and cool new features.

Some suggestions:

In my opinion, in next weeks you need publish hotfix for mission.

2) After briefing phase server need to be block for joining players. U can save 2 slots in each team for spectators

In a nutshell, JIP can use your AI Soldier with keyboard.

5) Player in commander role can't use side and group chat, only commander chat. Can't join group.

just re #6, no unit/player is ever without a group in arma. just means they are 'SQ Leader' of their own group.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 2:18 PM, Tshi said:

Also on the current maps the balance doesn't seem to be the best, for example on the Chapoi map Opfor get an APC, when no other team gets anything like it and some of the vehicles used are strange (no Marshall for Blufor on the Syrta map? etc.)

Marid is APC, you are right, but it is just a "bigger" offroad. It is very weak in comparison to Marshall.

On 4/14/2018 at 10:32 AM, pr9inichek said:

We're working on it.

First is the team killing, it's really bad. In almost every match, one guy will decide to be hilarious and fire a launcher at the whole team during the briefing phase, or gun everyone down with a machine gun. There either needs to be respawns during setup time, invulnerability during setup/in base and ways to permanently punish people for ruining other people's experiences. 

That's right, working on it.

Also, with the servers being only found on the internet tab, there's only ever one server which runs the same two maps over and over again. This is going to get really boring, but there should be a few more maps and if there are, put them in the rotation (at least 5, with some smaller and bigger ones).

There's the rotation between Syrta and Chapoi. Tanoa is separated due to the licensing (if it was together in one, people not having Apex would be kicked out)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 4/13/2018 at 1:49 PM, teabagginpeople said:

ha point taken. I was talking about the issue in escape official, the server not restarting the mission after a fail. perhaps it is same issue this guy had, everyone was dead on re spawn(??), mission did not restart (same as escape).

Please, would you have an example? Some repro? What server it was? Anyone else experiencing it?

5 hours ago, zozo said:
On 4/14/2018 at 11:32 AM, pr9inichek said:

We're working on it.

Can you answer the rest of the other points

7 hours ago, zozo said:

There's the rotation between Syrta and Chapoi. Tanoa is separated due to the licensing (if it was together in one, people not having Apex would be kicked out)

Nice to hear you've taken the feedback on the other points, but it would be nice if you add a few more maps at some point, for example using some of the new vehicles (in the two non-apex maps the only new vehicles are the Rhino and the AT Offroad). Perhaps a Sofia map, Athira, Chalkeia and La Trinite to name a few suitable locations. I'm not sure how much work it takes to add new maps so this might be asking for too much, but one more would be nice. Overall really happy with this and I hope it stays popular.

Sure I can

Unfortunately you are right. The interface is displayed, but you cannot create a group. Internally it is fixed. The fix will be released soon as part of the hotfix.

We wanted players to watch the session. In spectator, there's also timer showing the progress of the session.

We know about some bug, but feel free to post it, it will be helpful.

Not sure about it. It might bring another problems (i.e. in combination with Dynamic Groups)

Not a bad idea, but I am not sure, right now, about the technical implementation. Will think about it ;)

We already made Vanguard Stratis and it might be released later.

We haven't added these because of the balance issues. But they might be added later if we are able to properly balance the scenarios .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/17/2018 at 11:17 AM, zozo said:

We know about some bug, but feel free to post it, it will be helpful.

We wanted players to watch the session. In spectator, there's also timer showing the progress of the session.

Yeah, and in my opinion u can add two or three slots per a team, but slots for players must lock after ending briefing phase.

Because new players join the mission and can't play it.

Not sure about it. It might bring another problems (i.e. in combination with Dynamic Groups)

May be block DynGroups interface for commander or only block "Create" button for create group.

We haven't added these because of the balance issues. But they might be added later if we are able to properly balance the scenarios .

Very many guys joined to server for playing in new vehicles.

May be add experimental server and test balance on it.

And big problem - update mission = wait update ArmA =(

9) It's Easter Eggs?

Spoiler

m1jC7px.jpg

10) AAF Crewman have CSAT Helmet and haven't new AAF Crew Uniform ("U_Tank_green_F")

Spoiler

1KTS77z.jpg

11) May be Add crew members of one vehicle to one group?

12) Sometimes after start briefing cursor run away from center of map

13) May be spawn crewman near heavy or medium vehicle?

Edited by pr9inichek
add some new points

Thanks for reporting the bugs! We are preparing the hotfix now. Some of the fixes and improvements are already on the dev branch.

In short, there're

• Players invulnerable during the briefing time
  • Global chat disabled (it only works in the lobby)
  • The vote-for-kick threshold has been decreased on all servers
  • Bug related to player being able to control his soldier while in the spectator has been fixed
On 4/18/2018 at 1:49 AM, pr9inichek said:

And big problem - update mission = wait update ArmA =(

Sorry, I didn't fully get it. What do you mean?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2