strider42

Detecting buildings destroyed

When you end a multiplayer game you can get a list of your kills.  That will include any buildings you destroyed.

Is there any way of accessing this information while the game is running?

I want to be able to detect buildings destroyed so if the players start destroying lots of them I can punish them as it will not go down well with the local population.  S

You might experiment with these:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/allDead

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/entities

Buildings belong to CfgVehicles, but I don't know if allDead will return them or not. Worth experimenting. I know when I blow up comms towers they immediately show in my stats as a civilian kill.....which is silly, but that's beside the point.

Nevermind, none of those detect buildings despite being CfgVehicles.

Thanks for the replies.  It is nice to know I am not missing something.

I'll look into polling round all the buildings on the map and work out what rate I can run it without an impact on the frame rate but it will have to go on the back burner for now.  S

23 hours ago, strider42 said:

I want to be able to detect buildings destroyed so if the players start destroying lots of them I can punish them as it will not go down well with the local population. 

Please post your solution when you get there.  And...players should be punished hard and often!  :g:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Please post your solution when you get there.  And...players should be punished hard and often!  :g:

Sometimes I don't know whether to "like" or "haha" a post.....

• Like 2