Sign in to follow this  
Iceman_TF_Timberwolf

Growing, unique community, bringing back the Arma 2 flavor to Arma 3 - TF Timberwolf -

Greetings to all, and thanks for checking out my post! There are plenty great of groups out there, and I hope you find the one that is right for you. What follows is a summary of the inspiration behind TFTW and some additional information to help give you an idea of what the group is all about. Before we start, here is some good music to bring pleasure to your ears while you are reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQM0QDQf21k :)

In July of 2017, some good friends and I founded Task Force Timberwolf while I was in Eastern Europe on a training mission. The group has already grown into something extremely meaningful to me, and it's a project I hope to continue building for the rest of time. I am passionate about and have an immense interest in everything military and the Arma series is the perfect sandbox to tell stories, play out scenarios, and overall just be immersed in a military conflict zone environment. The type of gameplay offered in the series is unmatched by any other platform, and it scratches that itch perfectly.

Since starting this group, I have focused hugely on ensuring that we have a healthy, good community of players. This is an absolutely critical part of building a group right. We only take those who can get along well with others, those who have maturity, and those who have a passion for Arma and military role-playing/simulation. Our group focuses primarily on military sandbox gameplay augmented by other event types which can take place in a conflict zone. The goal is to create an immersive and interesting military sandbox environment for each mission, and I have a dream of introducing unique role-playing elements into missions to add depth to storylines. I encourage our players to treat every scenario with the thought of "what would I do if I was in this situation in real life?". Our sandbox environments and use of real-world tactics bring an incredible amount of life and purpose into our scenarios. The group is a small project currently, but its future is incredibly bright and I am absolutely hyped to see the community grow and prosper. If you think this type of gameplay is what you're looking for in an Arma group, I highly encourage you to apply. Be forewarned, though, the selection process is tough, and I am looking for quality, dedicated members who truly want a good experience.

While Task Force Timberwolf places an emphasis on using authentic tactics, techniques, and procedures of actual military operations, the community is definitely NOT a hardcore MILSIM group. It's a friendly, light-hearted community outside missions and people are never going to be subject to rank-and-file nonsense of many hardcore groups out there. My goal here is not to force people into the right state of mind for events, it is to attract the types of people who really do enjoy a type of gameplay that is often slower-paced, much more authentic, and more immersive than the typical experience.

Task Force Timberwolf won't ever require members to attend our regular events. People should want to come to the events instead of being forced to come to the events. Our members have families, jobs, school, commitments, and otherwise. As a US Army service member who was stationed overseas, I totally get that. It's part of being a member of society in the real world and Arma shouldn't define your life. 

Session Times:

Fridays at 2200 US Central Time (alternate with Saturdays)
Saturdays at 2000 US Central Time (alternate with Fridays)
Sundays at 1300 US Central Time

We require that all applicants:

• Are 18+ years of age
  • Own a legal copy of Arma 3: APEX
  • Use a working, clear microphone
  • Use wired internet connection
  •  Have a great attitude!

If you'd like to fill out an application to become part of our family, please find one under https://www.taskforcetimberwolfhq.com/recruitment. Make sure to actually submit text here, some people tend to overlook that. We will likely not accept short applications of "hey, I want to join" etc. Please put some thought into it. I'm excited to see what you have to say, it's always a pleasure to be connected with the Arma community! See you in the field!

IN PACK, WE HUNT!

Very respectfully,

ICE MAN

Founder, Task Force Timberwolf