blaze505

New NATO Kuma Skin

The new Tanks DLC adds plenty if new toys but i cant but feel Bohemia has once again not really lessened to its community. "NOTE- I am not picking on Bohemia" Countless times have i seen awesome ideas for the DLC and i do Admit I love all the new 3 tanks but for the majority of people it's kind of not what we wanted in a hole. The only Real tank we got Was the T-140. yeah The Nyx is a tank But it feels too much like a NASCAR than an actual fighting vehicle. now the Rhino Is a Very awesome "wheeled Fighting Vehicle designed to go against tanks" Its pretty much a M1126 Stryker. But its not a "Tank". The true definition of tank is "A heavy armored fighting vehicle carrying guns and moving on a continuous articulated metal track". The Rhino has no heavy armor or tracks. This is Tanks DLC Not IFV DLC. Note again I'm not picking on Bohemia. but its kinda not how we expected from this. Somethings I did see That people wanted Are (THE BIG ONE) The M1-Abrams, PL-01 concept tank. Type 99. VT-4 and the FV4034 Challenger 2. The only thing that really classifies as a tank that we got out of this DLC Was the T-14 Armada. Now currently in Arma we have one Tank that is the closest to the Abrams it being the Kuma. Normally the Kuma is with the AAF But we all know there's a skin for the Strider for NATO, So if the Strider can be for NATO why not the Kuma?

The Kuma is basically the Abrams but different shaped. of course it's based off The Leopard 2 with its extra armor but as we can see how the Strider was repainted and how the United States took an up the Merkava mk IV Why cant they take the Kuma. It fits in with their Arsenal well. In the end it would only make sense to give Kuma a Sand and olive repaint for NATO plus a unit in the spawn list. Yes theirs mods for this but there's limitations with it on multiplayer. This would give NATO a new tank in should help with those who are disappointed with this DLC. In closing I want to say That BI has done an amazing job on this DLC and it has worked hard and deserves all the credit for their hard work. 

• Like 5

I kind of agree, there should be some re-skins for the armored vehicle library.

It would literally take only a few hours to do all of NATO vehicles + some proper desert/green camos for some of the AAF vics (strider + kuma + mora)

probably 4hrs work from 1-2 devs

• Like 1

Agreed, its supposed to be old NATO equipment anyway, so NATO reserve forces should still have it.

While we're at it, these should be added as options in the vehicle garage/editor:

640?cb=20170722203043

granted in the editor with the set texture command, you can place vehicles with those skins.

They should get a pacific/green Nato reskin as well, it would be super easy.

Also, the Nyx olive camo seems to be essentially a Nato green camo, so a Nyx Nato sand camo would be great.

In summary, the new skins I would like to see:

1) Nato Green skins for HEMMT and Hunters!

2) Nato sand and Nato green for the Kuma

3) Nato green for the Gorgon and Strider, allow the already present Nato sand skins for the Gorgon and Strider to be selected in the editor

4) Nato Sand for the Nyx

5) Tweak the old pacific prowler skin to be more in line with the new Nato Green camo pattern.

• Like 3

Very much yes.

-k

Just being pedantic here since the main point of this thread is clear and doesn't need much further discussion...

On 3/10/2018 at 4:45 PM, blaze505 said:

The only Real tank we got Was the T-140. yeah The Nyx is a tank But it feels too much like a NASCAR than an actual fighting vehicle. now the Rhino Is a Very awesome "wheeled Fighting Vehicle designed to go against tanks" Its pretty much a M1126 Stryker. But its not a "Tank". The true definition of tank is "A heavy armored fighting vehicle carrying guns and moving on a continuous articulated metal track"

I'm guessing you just typed tank definition into google, because that's exactly what I got. 

I wouldn't call the Nyx a tank. The Nyx is not "heavy", relatively speaking. The heaviest Wiesel 2 variant, on which the Nyx is based, is under 5 tons. The lightest variant is under 3 tons.

For comparison, one of those big american pickups.. like a Dodge ram 4500, can weigh 7.5 tons:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Pickup#Chassis_Cab

So... I think it definitely fails to classify as heavy, and is instead a Tankette

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tankette

Wikipedia's tank definition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank

A tank is an armoured vehicle designed for front-line combat, with heavy firepower, strong armour, tracks and a powerful engine providing good battlefield maneuverability. The first tanks were designed to overcome the deadlock of trench warfare....

Front line combat? no, its meant to scout, which may mean operating at the frontline, but its not really meant for intense combat.

Heavy firepower? nope, not really, an ATGM launcher is substantial firepower, but firepower is relative, and its firepower is relatively weak (especially if its not the AT variant).

Strong armor? definitely not

Powerful engine? while its a fast little thing, the Wiesel's engine is actually pretty weak, about the same power as a small car. Its got a relatively good power to weight ratio, but its raw  engine power is not much as all. It would lose a tug-of-war to a pickup truck, assuming both vehicles had enough traction.

But before this DLC came out, I thought it might be a more colloquial definition of tank, which is just any armored fighting vehicle.

I'm actually happy with what we got, but I wanted more than could be supplied with 3 vehicles (although I did want a MGS system like the Rhino, simply porting the Stryker MGS from Arma 2, as CUP did, would accomplish that).

On 3/10/2018 at 4:45 PM, blaze505 said:

That people wanted Are (THE BIG ONE) The M1-Abrams, PL-01 concept tank. Type 99. VT-4 and the FV4034 Challenger 2.

To the M1-Abrams... Meh... seen enough of it and its getting old for 2035. Type 99... meh... it could have replaced the T-100 model for vanilla arma, but it would be redundant.

I didn't want another tank that fulfills the same role as what we have (but NATO does need an MBT with much better mobility than the slammer, so I do support the Kuma reskin).

I was hoping for:

1) A "stealth tank" for Nato

2) A robotic tank, possibly for multiple factions (like with most of the other drones)