7 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

its atrocious protection forces players to get creative. You can get into all sorts of trouble with that thing, I imagine it will be a wasteland and KOTH favorite

I find it to be actually a bit too well protected. I was expecting a .338 SPMG to be able to kill the occupants of the tankette, and 50 cals to cut through it like a hot knife through butter.

So far, even with a 50 call, I've only been able to kill the commander of the vehicle, not the driver.

It is easily disabled though.

I've also had major problems destroying a Nyx with the Nyx autocannon variant. Even 20mm AP rounds won't kill the driver in there, and I couldn't get a catastrophic explosion

Its also fairly resistant to 30mm MP rounds, but I was killing it in 6 to 9 rounds of 30mm AP. Just 3 rounds of 40mm AP will kill it, and it was fairly easy to get a complete kill with a 40mm GMG.

The turret seemed majorly resistant to disabling on the AT variant, until I realized that you need to shoot at the missile tubes/box, not the optics :/

Hmm, interesting. Well, armor is not doing so hot at the current moment (Se ash's comments in damage improvements), so perhaps this is a bug? I'm pretty sure I read/heard somewhere that it was suppossed to be protectedprotected from 7.62mm. If I were the one designing the vehicle, I'd try to increase that to 14.2mm, or since we don't have BI 14.2 in Arma 3 ATM, .50 or .338/9.3mm. As for 20mm AP, I got not explanation. I was assuming that the armor was so terrible that every shot was an overpen :P

I'm pretty sure I read/heard somewhere that it was suppossed to be protectedprotected from 7.62mm

I think that was in the video the devs put out. Protected against 7.62mm and below seems ot be what they planned, but its certainly not what they've implemented thus far.

I tried it today in the latest build, not with a 50 cal, but with the 20mm AP of another nyx.

I could now kill the gunner and commander with 20mm AP rounds. I couldn't in the last build

The .408 infantry sniper rifle still can't harm the occupants.

I also hit that thing with 450 rounds of 20mm from the M61 vulcan of the Jets DLC - survived.

Hit it with 1000 rounds of 20mm gatling from the gun of the blackfoot... survived

Hit it with 1000 rounds of 25mm gatling from the omitted gun of the omitted F-35F - the gun isn't actually that much more powerful than the 20mm. 70 hit damage instead of 60 hit damage.

It did have a damaged engine from the last two (but not red)

It seems that this little thing is protected from a hard kill against anything under 30mm (but 30mm of the Wipeout will destroy this thing in a few hits... maybe even 1-2). The crew is protected against .408 and below. I need to test the 50 HMG after the last build, but the last time I tested, 50% of the crew were protected against 50 HMG.

I should also test 12.7x108 with and without the APDS rounds,

Have they changed the 'Lock" key for the Titan launcher? I can toggle the straight on shot and top-down shot with the "F" key but the "T" key no longer locks. 

11 hours ago, DavidOMarx said:

Have they changed the 'Lock" key for the Titan launcher? I can toggle the straight on shot and top-down shot with the "F" key but the "T" key no longer locks. 

Have you checked your keybinds?

I'm having trouble with the Nyx's missiles. Do they lock on or are they guided? Whenever I fire one it goes straight into the ground.

EDIT: you need to lock on to a target within the range, and it needs to be a vehicle emitting heat. Range seems awfully short for the Firefist as is

Edited by Magos

1 hour ago, Magos said:

I'm having trouble with the Nyx's missiles. Do they lock on or are they guided? Whenever I fire one it goes straight into the ground.

EDIT: you need to lock on to a target within the range, and it needs to be a vehicle emitting heat. Range seems awfully short for the Firefist as is

Is it the same for the missile fired by the Rhino?

In the showcase, I can lock the AA and destroy it.

But then, when I want to shoot missiles at the tanks, no way to do it.

18 minutes ago, Wiki said:

Is it the same for the missile fired by the Rhino?

In the showcase, I can lock the AA and destroy it.

But then, when I want to shoot missiles at the tanks, no way to do it.

MARUK ;) needs a laser target designation. You can either lase from the commander seat and oder the Gunner to fire it, or use "buddy lasing" froma  second unit. It is in all cases not a one man job to use the MARUK missile.

I like the DLC but I'm feel so sad because I dont have to create another tank based mission like TANK COMMANDER but I see there's an scenario with new "tank buster" unit, I'm happy with the DLC.

On 12.4.2018 at 11:40 PM, djotacon said:

I like the DLC but I'm feel so sad because I dont have to create another tank based mission like TANK COMMANDER but I see there's an scenario with new "tank buster" unit, I'm happy with the DLC.

I can really suggest to play this mission. Worth it a lot! :)

1 hour ago, fget487 said:

I can really suggest to play this mission. Worth it a lot! :)

Mmmmm It sounds interesting I will give it a chance... ( malefic laughter)