I'm using a Google translator because I do not speak English, so sorry if my message is not completely readable.

Hi guys, you will see I have the following problem when using say3D. You see, I'm using it in an airplane "Junkers Ju 87 Stuka" to reproduce from this the characteristic sound emitted by these airplanes when they were launched in a dive. The question is that everything works as it should except that when that plane passes over me, suddenly the audio distorts, becoming much lower, not in volume ... I do not know how to say it in English but basically it goes from sounding from niiiiiiiii to nuuuuuuu.

I'm using unitPlay to make the plane plummet and then rise quickly.

This is what I have put in my description.sqf

class Stukafall

{

sound [] = {"Stukafall.ogg", 40, 1, 3000};

titles [] = {};

};

};

and this is what I put on the trigger in 3D editor

plane1 say3D ["Stukafall", 3000, 0]

and of course the unit is called "plane1"

As I said, everything works wonders, the sound feels far away and gradually comes closer. I only have that problem that when going from my right to my left, it becomes abruptly distorted. Some idea or reason for this to happen. Thank you!

That's because arma simulates a doppler effect.

Because your recording of the stuka is most likely already having this kind of doppler effect on it, it gets the doppler treatment twice, thus making it sound that way.

Unless you come across an on board recording of the stuka siren you're probably better off just playing the sound to players on the ground once the plane does its dive.

Having a volume parameter of 40 is a good sign that the sample needs some normalizing, since that's a pretty high amplification value...

Cheers

29 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

That's because arma simulates a doppler effect.

Because your recording of the stuka is most likely already having this kind of doppler effect on it, it gets the doppler treatment twice, thus making it sound that way.

Unless you come across an on board recording of the stuka siren you're probably better off just playing the sound to players on the ground once the plane does its dive.

Having a volume parameter of 40 is a good sign that the sample needs some normalizing, since that's a pretty high amplification value...

Cheers

I do not fully understand the problem of the recording friend, but the fact that the volume is encunetre in 40 is because the plane approached at a distance of 2.5 kilometers and only with that value I manage to make it be heard lightly to that distance so that it is already intentionally won as it approaches. So, what do you suggest? Looking for another recording or just can not do this?

On 3/7/2018 at 9:06 AM, Yurichenco said:

I do not fully understand the problem of the recording friend, but the fact that the volume is encunetre in 40 is because the plane approached at a distance of 2.5 kilometers and only with that value I manage to make it be heard lightly to that distance so that it is already intentionally won as it approaches. So, what do you suggest? Looking for another recording or just can not do this?

This is happening : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppler_effect

He is saying that this effect is probably happening twice, once in record (since microphone was probably on ground) and in arma, arma physics simulates the doppler effect. He is saying get a recording from on board the plane, or to play the sound near the players, not the plane