beno_83au

enableReload Not Working?

I just tried to have a go of enableReload to prevent a player from reloading, but there seemed to be no effect (empty mag or remove mag and still I could reload). A quick Google search pointed me to here. Is this is still the case, or is there something else at play here? Should I tag someone from BI to jog their memory perhaps?

Perhaps, you can delete extra magazines:

{player removeMagazines _x} forEach (primaryWeaponMagazine player + secondaryWeaponMagazine player + handgunMagazine player)

54 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Perhaps, you can delete extra magazines:

{player removeMagazines _x} forEach (primaryWeaponMagazine player + secondaryWeaponMagazine player + handgunMagazine player)

Well you could theoretically prevent the player from using the reload keybind by assigning a dummy addAction, overwriting the current keybind of magazine reload,

the mouse scrollwheel action would still be visible though. Maybe there's also a way to override that.

player addAction ["",{},[],6,false,false,"reloadMagazine"]

Cheers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

player addAction ["",{},[],6,false,false,"reloadMagazine"]

Well, that stops the keyboard or mouse wheel from being used to reload quite nicely, and give me another page to bookmark - inputAction. However, once empty, the "Reload xxxx Magazine" command comes up, which can be scrolled to (I assume this is part of the weapon config, but I have no experience with configs). Also, you can still drag a mag from the inventory into the weapon so that'd be another thing to account for when a simple solution prevails.

My need was to have everyone at unload onboard a helo/car on the way into a range complex, then action up once they're within the "range boundary". The simple solution is just to addMagazines at the right time - keep it simple stupid, right?

7 hours ago, beno_83au said:

keep it simple stupid, right?

I usually put the comma one word to the left when regarding to myself, but if it doesn't make your mission feel odd or compromises the gameplay: if it works it's good enough.

Cheers

• Haha 1