First of all, this is a long, essay style question on how to use init fields in eden editor, if you are unfamiliar with it, you might not want to waste your time reading this.

Disclaimer: I am an utter noob and know nothing about .sqf scripts (if you are to answer one of my questions, please consider me an idiot)

Dear all, thank you for stopping by and I hope you can help me. I am planning to create a dynamic airport base with the following features:

Four fixed wing aircraft taxing, taking off, loitering, landing and repeating their tasks indefinitely. The question is as follows – Having tried move waypoints with various limitations (e.g. flyinheight, forcespeed) and configurations, I was unable to make an aircraft piloted by an AI to taxi successfully to where I want it to. Please advise on the step by step how can I achieve this goal.

Next

Numerous groups of units moving around the base according to their respective waypoints and occasionally initializing BIS_fnc_ambientAnimation function (at various waypoints throughout the base. I have been able to initialize the ambientAnim command at a waypoint and cancel it with addaction on a player (trigger condition Playername_AddActionName and On Activation call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim__terminate;). Ideally, I would like to have a trigger which, whenever a unit/units approach their respective waypoint, triggers the animation for a certain duration of time and then cancels it (so units can move onto the next waypoint).

A convoy of 5 vehicles containing around 5 units each going in/out of the base. The problem here would be that I would like the convoy to look as a presidential convoy would. So, Convoy drives up to a building entrance, armed personnel get out of the vehicles (except for drivers) and only then, the civilian AI gets out and walks to the building. After about 5 minutes, I would like that civilian to come back, get into the vehicle and the convoy shall drive off (and repeat). The biggest issue I have is controlling how the armed personnel gets out. Shall I do it with triggers for presence? How do I make them get out before the civilian and wait? How can I then make the civilian get out?

Lastly, I understand that this may be too much, I would like to have a constant tower defence going on in the background. For example, I have a well-guarded base which is being constantly harassed by the enemy. The units at the base have their animations toggled on and off (refer to question 2), if these units were impossible to kill, how would I let them engage combat, kill the enemy, and return to their respective waypoints and continue on their path?

On 3/6/2018 at 12:02 AM, KennyTheLiving said:

I am planning to create a dynamic airport base with the following features:

Four fixed wing aircraft taxing, taking off, loitering, landing and repeating their tasks indefinitely. The question is as follows – Having tried move waypoints with various limitations (e.g. flyinheight, forcespeed) and configurations, I was unable to make an aircraft piloted by an AI to taxi successfully to where I want it to. Please advise on the step by step how can I achieve this goal.

"Creating" a dynamic airport base, i.e. not present on native map, needs to write a mod. But if you mean using and populating some existing dynamic airport, you can do that. Aircraft will land and taxi on hard coded ILS/ taxiways.

Example: Altis. 6 dynamic airports. allAirports command (test in inside on of the 4 watch lines in debug console) will return: [[0,1,2,3,4,5],[]] (useless as is but some pages on biki about these Ids)

Last link, when you read the extracted text for the script about how the data are extracted, you can see references about cfgWorlds (so data about map) , ILS position (mandatory for AI landing and auto-landing), ILS direction also.

So, creating a dynamic airport needs a mod with a config.cpp and a good knowledge about how that works.

Now, if the 6 existing airport (on Altis) are enough, you can add some AI planes and simulate a traffic. You can find some works about that on forum (like @wogz187 posts).

Happy reading!

PS Avoid multiple subjects on same topic. One subject per thread is fine for future searches. You can find multiple topics about convoy, get in/ get out AIs on vehicles, wave attacks, camp defense...

• Like 1

For lots of busy ambient activity in a base, you can use my script.  The video show you how to use it.

• Like 3

Good responses, but OP hasn't really been on the forums since they posted this - the topic was necro'd by a spammer.

• Like 2