WrANTKC.png

Vandeanson's Apocalypse - the Mod:

A "plug and play" mod that will spawn various sites and AI, fully randomly placed that will be dynamically de and respawning for ongoing survival action!

NOTE: This is not a MISSION. This is a dynamic site and event spawner, that runs on top of any mission that you start while the mod is active. 
It spawns in sites based on player position, terrain and your settings (to change settings, you must edit your mission in Eden Editor - > Settings - > Addon Options). 

Never again will it be pointless, dull and boring to run around in armas beautiful forrests, just because all the loot and action is stuck in cities and other remains of civilisation!

My mod will spawn in bandit camps to raid, small survivor hideouts to find and loot in the deepest forest, crashed helicopters that should definitely be searched before other survivors get there, ferocious packs of wild dogs that will jump you in the dark or animals to hunt for survival. Find a tame horse as a compagnion and tie it up next to your homebase while setting up barricades and boobie traps to fend off attacks against your newly claimed home.

Zombies just got deadlier with the infection feature. When getting hit, you might catch a deadly infection that will drain your stamina and lifeforce over time. Stack up on anti virus pills to cure yourself! 

You will never rest easy, knowing that your steps may be watched from far and the moment you get too comfortable at a place, bandits pick up your trace and hunt you down!

VANDEANSONS APOCALYPSE (STEAM DOWNLOAD)

INSTALLATION:

1. Subscribe to the mod and activate it and CBA_A3 in the A3 launcher
Whenever you start any mission (self made or from steam) , the mod will start to spawn in sites according to the default settings. 
2. to adjust VA settings, open the mission you want to edit, or create a new one in Eden Editor, go to Settings -> Addon Options -> select the "VDA" options to see what you can change (there are a lot of options for customisation)
3. NOTE: the plane spawner requires you to place the following markers by default, else the planes spawn in the debug zone: "VD_PlaneMrkr_1,VD_PlaneMrkr_2,VD_PlaneMrkr_3,VD_PlaneMrkr_4". You may add or remove markers.
4. if you play on maps like chernarus, cover the empty terrain with large area markers and name them. enter the area markers name into the field under "VDA -1- General Settings" to blacklist that area from landsite spawns.
5. similar for shipwrecks and boats (cover inland lakes with additional area markers) so the shipwrecks and boats wont spawn in lakes inland.
6. Place your player and play. (Place the gamemaster module to check if the mod is working as ZEUS) 

FEATURES :

- random and automatic position finder for all features. No marker placement needed (see INSTALLATION gor exceptions) 
- sites de and respawn after a adjustable time and while no player is close
- Bandit Camps
- Hideouts
- Shipwrecks
- Crashsites
- Tradercamp (custom weapon attachment trader, custom trader for ravage respawn tent backpacks, all ravage traders) 
- AI Patrols
- Animal Spawner (Goats & Sheep, can be gutted and eaten with the Ravage mod)
- Spawners for Boats, Planes, Helicopters
- Medical Sites
- Zombie Infection Script for the RAVAGE mod (change the zombie parent if you want this to apply to other zombie mods) 
- JBDOG feral dog spawner
- DBO Horses spawner (you need to subscribe to this mod separately, if you wish to use the spawn feature) 
- No Rest! spawner (checks if player stays at a place for too long, if so, might spawn AI hunters )
- loot spawns at all sites
- Max Joiners melee weapon mod is automatically included in the loot economy and player equipper. AIs wont spawn with melee weapons however. This requires the max_melee weapons mod. No dependency is created. 

GENERAL:

- dynamic simulation is enabled for all spawned AI and structures. Simulation is enabled based on your view distance settings minus fog, plus scoped view distance to save FPS
- automated loot arrays based on active mods (e.g. CUP, RHS,... will be integrated into the features)
- option to blacklist items from loot arrays
- option to exclude Arma 3 Vanilla and DLC items from loot table
- option to exclude various mod sub content (e. g. CUP Uniforms, or IFA3 Backpacks...) 
- adjustable AI equipper (or option to use Ravage Equipper)
- adjustable player equipper (or option to use Ravage Equipper)
- CBA_A3 Settings to tune features in Editor while making a mission
- possibility to add blacklist area markers for land sites (e.g. Bandit Camps) and coastal sites (e.g. shipwreck and boats)
- adjustable spawn ranges and despawn timers
- MP compatible to my best knowledge, please report any issues
- the default currency is the ravage money, fyi. Without ravage mod active, it will just not spawn without error
- adjust the amount of sites/features that at spawn to your needs or disable specific features if you dont like it

- plane spawner: the only feature that requires you to place markers, check the CBA3 settings for it. 4 markers are pre defined, you may add as many as you want and place such markers at airfields. All placed markers will be a potential spawn position for planes

- This mod creates NO dependency! 

UPCOMING/PLANNED FEATURES:

I have quite a bunch of ideas for new features and plan to improve and extend the mod going forward, no ETA gor such features however. 

AI Spawner:
- AIscavengers that move from house to house in a city and then return to a hideout z nearby to drop off loot, then go back to scavenging
- AI spawner in case players spend a lot of time at the e same place (e.g. Looting a city) 
- chance for AI groups in any feature to be military grade geared, rather than random low quality survivor gear 

- some sort of simple basebuilding, crafting and ressource gathering feature

- a mission generator

- optional loot economy (to fill buildings with loot) 

- option to include heroes survive

- option to include zombies & demons (e.g. A ambient Z spawner) 

- fake underground sites such as bunkers or caves

TO DO'S:

- not all arrays are automated (automated means, items or structures of active mods are put into category for use in my script) 
- automate heli, plane, heliwreck, boat arrays based on active mods
- automate inventory items

REQUIREMENTS :

Note that this mod requires CBA3.
CUP Terrain Core is also recommended, as some structures from it are used. There is no dependency however.

Ravage has been the inspiration for the mod and this mod is made with Ravage in mind.
There is however no dependency, you can use the mod with our without Ravage.

Thanks to all the great guys on the BI forum for their help and advise.
With special thanks to George Floros GR, Johnnyboy, Mr H., HazJ, Larrow, pierremgi, Haleks, Grumpyoldman, Gunter Severloh, the Ravage folks, all followers of my topic thread and anyone i might have forgotten right now. 

HELP TO IMPROVE:

Please subscribe, rate and let me know any issue that might occur, I would appreciate receiving any feedback that helps me improve the mod.

Cheers

VD

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

Nice work man!

Going to add it to my mission i been working on!

For those of you who haven't a clue on how to implement this into a script,

follow my simple guide:

Step 1 - The init script

1. Open notepad.

2. Copy this code ------>  [] execVM "banditcamp.sqf";  

3. Paste the code into your notepad doc.

4. Save the notepad document with this name -----> init.sqf

5. Move the init.sqf to your mission folder in the editor.

Step 2 - The Script itself

1. Open notepad.

2. Copy this code ------> on the post above .

3. Paste the code into your notepad doc.

4. Save the notepad document with this name ------> banditcamp.sqf

5. Move the banditcamp.sqf to your mission folder in the editor.

=====================

Question

7 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

This showcase only shows the camp spawning at one marker, but the actual script will chose one of multiple pre placed markers to place the camp.

These preplaced markers, these i have to place myself correct? 

and what do i put in the markers to call the script or is the script already doing this, i see the

_houseArray2 = getMarkerPos _mark nearObjects ["Camp",50];

in the script, but theres only 2 of them as far as i can tell, lastly you have CUP items in there, this will require CUP mods?

To work or is it dynamic based on what your running?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Hi Gunther,

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for clarifying on the installation and marker placement topic, I have missed to explain that=)

To clarify regarding the markers:

- place the 5 markers (same name as in the script) in your mission, ideally on flat ground until i figure out how to align the tents to the terrain via script;)

- if you want to add or remove markers, do not forget to add or remove them in the script

- I personally will copy the script eg banditcampB.sqf, replace the marker names to "mrkrB_1,...". then i will place those markers e.g. in the east part of the map to have multiple camps up at the same time in different regions=)

The script will select one of the markers randomly, and then place the camp composition around it. the "_mark" that is used in the script will refer to that randomly selected marker throughout the script. this will change every time the script runs, hence the randomess of the camp spawns.

The _houseArray2 = will search the tents with classname "CampEastC" and "Camp" that are near the marker that the script has chosen and will fill its buidling positions with loot. (in this case ravage survival items and FAK)

The _houseArray1 = does the same with normal houses (e.g. the windmill or the small church). In this case however, it will spawn objects (crates, bags) where ravage will place loot in. If you do not use the ravage mod, this will just be cosmetic.

I am not sure if that clarifies your question?

I do not like the vanilla weaps, hence I use CUP, RHS or Thai warfare, even ww2 weaps.

In this case you will need to replace the class names with items from either vanilal arma or the weapon mods that you are using.

However please note the line below that will add matching magazines to the weapon.

I noticed this does work for vanilla, rhs and cup, but not for thai warfare items (I might be wrong but this was my experience. FYI

_magazines = getArray (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon >> "magazines");
    _mag = _magazines select (floor (random (count _magazines)));
    _itemBox addMagazineCargoGlobal [_mag, 2 +random 4];

happy to help if anything is unclear;)

and looking forward seeing this in your mission:rthumb:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

. Copy this code ------>  //[] execVM "banditcamp.sqf";

ups i forgott: delete the "//" when inserting this into your init.sqf

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

- place the 5 markers (same name as in the script) in your mission, ideally on flat ground until i figure out how to align the tents to the terrain via script;)

So the following from the code are the markers except name the markers....

7 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

_mark = ["mrkrA_1","mrkrA_2","mrkrA_3","mrkrA_4","mrkrA_5"]

mrkrA_1

mrkrA_2

mrkrA_3

mrkrA_4

mrkrA_5

Makes sense.

So 1 marker = 1 camp, so if i added more to the code like this for the markers....

_mark = ["mrkrA_1","mrkrA_2","mrkrA_3","mrkrA_4","mrkrA_5","mrkrA_6","mrkrA_7","mrkrA_8","mrkrA_9","mrkrA_10"]

i would have 10 camps spawn correct?

Now building a mission for myself and placing the markers when i play the mission i will know roughly

where these camps are vs someone playing my mission whom has no idea and would stumble apon them.

However looking at the code again (i'm no coder btw, but i have ideas of what things mean after all these years of messing around)

you have  call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;  after the markers with ; a semicolon to close the code, this tells me that once i place the markers whether they are just the 5 from the code

or 5 more i add,  that the markers will randomize themselves once the mission starts and then the camps will spawn on their positions correct?

I am not sure if that clarifies your question?

I do not like the vanilla weaps, hence I use CUP, RHS or Thai warfare, even ww2 weaps.

Yes to a point. As for the weapons and items, no worries i like them as well just wanted to confirm that, thats what someone will see in the camps with the script if they are using CUP and or RHS,

you should add some more notes and requirements if you will in your OP stating that the code uses CUP CUP weapons and items that will spawn, and if CUP is not present will the script ask for them or will just Ravage items spawn?

I will put together a small demo mission for this so people can get a working example of what it looks like, of course after i try it myself of course ;)

• Like 1

However please note the line below that will add matching magazines to the weapon.

I noticed this does work for vanilla, rhs and cup, but not for thai warfare items (I might be wrong but this was my experience. FYI

Check out BIS_fnc_addWeapon, automatically grabs compatible mags and adds the desired amount to the unit, it also adds the magazine first so you don't have to reload the weapon prior to first use.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Tested it, placed a player put 5 markers down, ran CBA, ravage, and CUp weapons, i put down 5 markers, started the mission, 1 camp spawned i think, at least a building,

house, barrel, no bandits, or ammo, and a truck, other 4 markers idk nothing spawned.

Am i missing something?

the script and init script are in the mission folder, and the mission is set on the flat salt lake on Altis.

@Gunter Severloh

the basic idea in my example is to only have one camp up at a time, for one hour or so. then it will despawn and spawn again at a new location. this way i want to achieve that the player keeps searching remote locations for hidden camps. 

if u know the helicopter crashsite spawnsystem in dayz standalone, this is the effect i want to achieve.

so using my script, only one of the 5 markers is selected and there will only be one camp per time. after 2000 seconds, a new camp will spawn at a new random marker (and the old one is deleted)

i will do the following tomworrow hopefully:

- state what mods i was using for my specific example

- create a version without dependencies for easy copy & paste use

- upload a better sample video to showcase the system and its possibilities

to your example:

it is not working for you because you need spun fins ai spawn script to set up to spawn AI and probably some objects from another CUP mod (the tents i think)

as a quick fix for you, you would need to delete all the classnames in my script and replace the buildings and houses under (_tent, _tent2,...) with vanilla structures, the weapons and items that are not vanilla or ravage with classnames that are available for your mod set up. 

will get back to u with an update shortly;)

topic is now updated, the script can be copy & pasted if you use CBA and Ravage.

To use it without those mods, delete any classname  in the script starting with "rvg_"

• Like 1

Update:

I have updated the AI spawner:

This will add 2 plus a random amount of AI that will patrol the area.

Random gear will be added following your ravage equipment/loot modules set up.

It is no longer needed to place a "O_G_Survivor_F" in the Mission via Editor for the units to spawn (as shown in my video).

_bandits = createGroup east;
"O_G_Survivor_F" createUnit [getMarkerPos _mark, _bandits, "[this] call rvg_fnc_equip", 0.6, "corporal"];
"O_G_Survivor_F" createUnit [getMarkerPos _mark, _bandits, "[this] call rvg_fnc_equip", 0.6, "private"];
if (60 > random 100) then {
"O_G_Survivor_F" createUnit [getMarkerPos _mark, _bandits, "[this] call rvg_fnc_equip", 0.6, "private"];};
if (50 > random 100) then {
"O_G_Survivor_F" createUnit [getMarkerPos _mark, _bandits, "[this] call rvg_fnc_equip", 0.6, "private"];};
if (40 > random 100) then {
if (30 > random 100) then {
if (20 > random 100) then {
if (10 > random 100) then {
if (5 > random 100) then {

_wp1 = _bandits addWaypoint [getmarkerpos _mark, 0];
    _wp1 setWaypointType "SAD";
    _wp1 setWaypointSpeed "Limited";
    _wp1 setWaypointBehaviour "CARELESS";
    _wp1 setWaypointFormation "COLUMN";

• Like 2

Hello! you can also do this: works well with ravage...

{
removeAllWeapons _x;
removeAllItems _x;
removeAllAssignedItems _x;
removeUniform _x;
removeVest _x;
removeBackpack _x;
removeHeadgear _x;
removeGoggles _x;
[_x] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;
[_x] call RVG_fnc_AddWeapon;
[_x] call RVG_fnc_AddLoot;
//Force NVG item
_x linkItem "NVGoggles_INDEP"; } forEach units _bandits; 

Maybe assign them a combat animation, this is very flexible tbh

{
removeAllWeapons _x;
removeAllItems _x;
removeAllAssignedItems _x;
removeUniform _x;
removeVest _x;
removeBackpack _x;
removeHeadgear _x;
removeGoggles _x;
//Add random gear for guarding units and sets animation state
[_x] call RVG_fnc_AddGear;
[_x] call RVG_fnc_AddWeapon;
[_x] call RVG_fnc_AddLoot; 
[_x,"WATCH","ASIS"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat; } forEach units _bandits;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jimmakos thanks man thats great, will apply this;) i ll replace the nvg example with a chance to spawn with gunflashlights!

On 3/5/2018 at 5:46 AM, Vandeanson said:

- AI group that patrols the camp

So Vandeanson, the AI will spawn at the camp now, we dont need the other AI script from Phronk, or add AI in the editor like you have in your vid to spawn at the camp?

25 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

So Vandeanson, the AI will spawn at the camp now, we dont need the other AI script from Phronk, or add AI in the editor like you have in your vid to spawn at the camp?

yes that is correct, all you need is to update the init.sqf, create the banditcamp.sqf with above script and place the markers and have cba and ravage running. i will replace the video hopefully this WE, im also trying to find another fix anyway (one that will allow u to have ravage spawn furniture)

• Like 1

Paste the below script into the document and save it.

Hi Vandeanson,

a tip for you to make your installation instructions a bit more specific and clearer for the new guys.

Something i want to point out is what i quoted above, the code that you must copy and paste for the script is not underneath that line in your instruction on the OP,

I would suggest moving and putting the title of the script above the code box so people dont get confused or lost as to what you referring too, or god forbid forget to use it.

Start your mission via editor and place markers named:

"mrkrA_1","mrkrA_2","mrkrA_3","mrkrA_4","mrkrA_5"

To name a marker, add the above name into the Variable Names field like this: mrkrA_1.

Place your markers on flat ground to avoid issues with the object placement.

Place your player and start your mission.

Also on the OP is your instructions here, i would like to make a recommendation as to bold and or make bigger so that the title is easy to see, and distinguish

as to what your instructing the player to do, and lay it out step by step,  just imo that its easier, and more efficient to have something big, bold, and listed then a

paragraph you need to read that blends in with other text/sentences in the same area.

Also imo when instructions stand out more its faster and easier for people to see whats what, and give them more an incentive to try, and use your work, and give you feedback.

If you want to have multiple sets of camps spawned, you can do the following:

- copy & paste the file "banditcamp.sqf" and rename it to e.g. "banditcampB.sqf" in your mission folder.

- [] execVM "banditcampB.sqf";  <--- place this text onto a new line into the init.sqf file in your mission folder.

- in "banditcampB.sqf", change all the marker names under " _mark" and give it a new unique name such as "_mrkrB_1",_mrkrB_2",.....

- place markers with those new names on the map.

-e.g. banditcamp.sqf will have markers in the southern part of your map whilst banditcampB.sqf has its markers in the northern part.

Also this line, give it a title so it easy to see what it is, and it stands out on its own, and give it some order.

Sorry i dont mean to be nitpicking or a editor grammar Nazi, lol but i been messing with the scripts in my mission, and i been finding it hard to locate,

read, and sort what it is i have to and can do.

Im a big believer in making things obvious, specific, to the point, efficient, and simple as possible most especially when it comes to instructions on how to do something,

my biggest pet peeve is having to read a paragraph to learn how to do something that forces the would be information gatherer to have to sort and make sense of what to do with that information.

If your interested i could edit my 2nd post there and create a whole tutorial outlining the instructions and then you can link the instructions, just a thought.

You got something good here and its perfect for ravage, thanks for your work!

4 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hi Vandeanson,

a tip for you to make your installation instructions a bit more specific and clearer for the new guys.

Something i want to point out is what i quoted above, the code that you must copy and paste for the script is not underneath that line in your instruction on the OP,

I would suggest moving and putting the title of the script above the code box so people dont get confused or lost as to what you referring too, or god forbid forget to use it.

Also on the OP is your instructions here, i would like to make a recommendation as to bold and or make bigger so that the title is easy to see, and distinguish

as to what your instructing the player to do, and lay it out step by step,  just imo that its easier, and more efficient to have something big, bold, and listed then a

paragraph you need to read that blends in with other text/sentences in the same area.

Also imo when instructions stand out more its faster and easier for people to see whats what, and give them more an incentive to try, and use your work, and give you feedback.

Also this line, give it a title so it easy to see what it is, and it stands out on its own, and give it some order.

Sorry i dont mean to be nitpicking or a editor grammar Nazi, lol but i been messing with the scripts in my mission, and i been finding it hard to locate,

read, and sort what it is i have to and can do.

Im a big believer in making things obvious, specific, to the point, efficient, and simple as possible most especially when it comes to instructions on how to do something,

my biggest pet peeve is having to read a paragraph to learn how to do something that forces the would be information gatherer to have to sort and make sense of what to do with that information.

If your interested i could edit my 2nd post there and create a whole tutorial outlining the instructions and then you can link the instructions, just a thought.

You got something good here and its perfect for ravage, thanks for your work!

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for the constructive and positive feedback!

That all makes perfect sense, I would actually appreciate if you could do that, write a template for instructions from user perspective. I could use that for further scripts as well=)

Feel free to PM it to me and I will update it in my OP;)

Does the script work for you? Let me know if you would like to see other features or if things are not clear or even not working!

How are you using it in your mission? I replicated the script 3 times and it works fine for me btw=)

Cheers

28 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

I would actually appreciate if you could do that, write a template for instructions from user perspective. I could use that for further scripts as well=)

Feel free to PM it to me and I will update it in my OP;)

Sure thing.

29 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Does the script work for you?

Yes, I was recently just testing it on a blank map to see what shows up, but i have a good understanding of how its working.

I haven't implemented it into my mission yet, as i like to create templates sometimes so i can just copy n paste things for future missions.

32 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Let me know if you would like to see other features or if things are not clear or even not working!

One thing im noticing is when your using ravage and loot spawns, some of the loot (containers) are bunched together, or floating, these are just the ones inside the shacks, houses and windmills.

The other thing that i notice is that the would be bandits dont act like bandits, i find them to laid back and not threatening til you get almost on top of them, can we update that

aspect so they would attack you if they spotted you, or came within in a certain range of the camp?

Another idea for the camps would be based on a trigger, you could have various large triggers where when you enter the trigger, the camp would spawn somewhere inside it,

but the trigger would have to be large enough to where the camp that would spawn inside cant be seen, but still maintain that random dynamic build of the camp.

When i think of camps, i think more of pitched tents, campfire, and the like, maybe add some more tent aspects to the camp vs a house.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

One thing im noticing is when your using ravage and loot spawns, some of the loot (containers) are bunched together, or floating, these are just the ones inside the shacks, houses and windmills

yes i am working on this one, i will probably disable my own props spawner and let ravage do its work. however i need to further test my clean up script for props that have been spawned in by ravage (else they do not sisappear along with the camp). wip;)

The other thing that i notice is that the would be bandits dont act like bandits, i find them to laid back and not threatening til you get almost on top of them, can we update that

aspect so they would attack you if they spotted you, or came within in a certain range of the camp?

good idea, i can change their behavior to combat and search and destroy once player is close and even make them target you. also i will increase their skill level, it was too low initially.

Another idea for the camps would be based on a trigger, you could have various large triggers where when you enter the trigger, the camp would spawn somewhere inside it,

but the trigger would have to be large enough to where the camp that would spawn inside cant be seen, but still maintain that random dynamic build of the camp.

yep this is how i initially did it, call the sqf via trigger. should it just spawn one camp at a set location or should it start the dynamic spawn and despawn cycle? both is possible and i can send you instructions on how to do it. it would also be possible to amend my script so that the spawning only starts if the player is in the region where the camp is located (to safe fps).

When i think of camps, i think more of pitched tents, campfire, and the like, maybe add some more tent aspects to the camp vs a house.

yes agreed, this is how i use it, however vanilla arma has a little less assets for that, hence i added some other structures. with cup and other mods you have a much bigger variety for a real camp (various tents and such). i can share my structures array that includes cup structures and makes the camp look more like something that was set up from scratch without fix structures such as houses.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

should it just spawn one camp at a set location or should it start the dynamic spawn and despawn cycle? both is possible and i can send you instructions on how to do it. it would also be possible to amend my script so that the spawning only starts if the player is in the region where the camp is located (to safe fps).

Ya i think dynamic would be ideal, i mean when your on your journey in a mission you dont want to run into a camp every time, but i think ideally if and when you were to run

into a camp it would spawn in only if you were in the region as you pointed out, otherwise if camps are spawned in somewhere else and you never go in that direction then you have the game rendering

AI you'll never encounter so yes a possible fps loss if any.

I think keeping the markers is fine too, the player can add their own extra markers and of course if and when they happen to be in an are of a marker the camp would spawn out of site,

so the distance should be fairly far maybe 500m minimum, really depends on where the player is at too.

Btw i sent you a pm on a proposed format of the thread.

• Like 1

gottcha, will add a condition to only run the script while a player is within reasonable proximity! e.g. mrkr1 will be the center and the other markers are spread arround it within e.g.1000m and the script runs as long as a player is about 1500m proximity of mrkr1

• Like 3

HI Vandeanson,

I just recently started using your bandit camp script and I was wondering if there is a way to have the crate spawn more than one random weapon from the weapons array?

I've played around with changing the values of _itemBox addWeaponCargo [_weapon,2 +random 4]; but it only seems to add more of which ever weapon is selected.

If you or anyone else could explain to me what I need to do, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks 

Kaos

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TacticalKaos said:

HI Vandeanson,

I just recently started using your bandit camp script and I was wondering if there is a way to have the crate spawn more than one random weapon from the weapons array?

I've played around with changing the values of _itemBox addWeaponCargo [_weapon,2 +random 4]; but it only seems to add more of which ever weapon is selected.

If you or anyone else could explain to me what I need to do, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks 

Kaos

Hi Kaos, happy to hear that you are implementing my script:)

I have drafted up an update of my instructions and the script itself  that schould add some more explanation and clarity. I should be able to upload it today or tomorrow.

in the meantime:

1. find the following lines of code under the line //"treasurebox" loot spawn:

_weapon = _weaponArray select (floor (random (count _weaponArray)));

2. copy and paste that code right below it and change  it as following:

_weapon2 = _weaponArray select (floor (random (count _weaponArray)));

3. next locate the below code a few lines further below:

_itemBox addWeaponCargo [_weapon,1 +random 1];

_magazines = getArray (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon >> "magazines"); _mag = _magazines select (floor (random (count _magazines))); _itemBox addMagazineCargoGlobal [_mag, 2 +random 4];

4. copy and paste right below it and change as following:

_itemBox addWeaponCargo [_weapon2,1 +random 1];

_magazines2 = getArray (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon2 >> "magazines"); _mag2 = _magazines2 select (floor (random (count _magazines2))); _itemBox addMagazineCargoGlobal [_mag2, 2 +random 4];

What will this do?

you need to create a new loot spawn position within the lootbox. also you want that second weapon to be different than the first one. hence:

point 2: will select a new random weapon from the "_weaponArray" and define it as "_weapon 2"

point 4: will use "_weapon2" and spawn the randomly selected weapon and matching magazines.

this can be repeated with items or explosives as well.

i am sending this from my mobile but i hope it makes sense. else please let me know. again i will be releasing an update of the script that includes line per line explanation within the script soon;)

looking forward to hear if this worked for you.

br Vandeanson

• Like 1

Hi Vandeanson,

Thank you for responding to my question, it does make sense and I'll get back to you after I edit and test.

Love the script by the way, best one I've come across in my internet travels.

Kaos 

It works like a charm!.

Thank you for the help Vandeanson.

I've got kind of an off topic question maybe you could answer, if not no problem.

I'm using this to spawn a map marker once a camp activates the trigger area, but once it moves to the next location the previous marker stays..

I'd like for the previous marker to always be deleted when the camp moves locations and just keep cycling. if that makes sense.

CampLocations.Sqf

params[ "_trigger" ];

_marker = [ format["%1_area",vehicleVarName _trigger], _trigger ] call BIS_fnc_markerToTrigger;
_marker setMarkerBrush "SolidBorder";
_marker setMarkerAlpha 1;
_marker setMarkerColor "ColorOPFOR"

OnAct Trigger

null = [ thisTrigger ] execVM "CampLocations.sqf";

Cheers

Kaos

Alright gents, both the script and OP are updated.

I have added a CUP version of the script with line by line explanation of the script. I hope this provides some clarity.=)

See changelog 27.03.2018 in OP

Any questions, please let me know

br

vandeanson

• Like 1