4 hours ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

Van Deanson, any idea how to add gib effects to zombies? like in warfare thai. he added them to Ryans Z so wondering id possible to Rvaage zombies.

hm no, i have no experiance in that direction sorry=(

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

I have spent some off time in Azeroth lately and since keeping up with one game at a time is hard enough for me, my arma time suffered terribly;)

Come back buddy!  ARMA needs you!  :grinning:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

hm no, i have no experiance in that direction sorry=(

51 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

No worries. Johnnyboy, any ideas?

I've been trying to get this for ages. Happy to donate to the modder who creates it.

Shouldn't be too hard for someone with skills, as Warfare Thai mod  already has the feature sin, the creator just doesn't want to say what he did, I think because he changed Ryans Zds a lot with custom character skins etc.

24 minutes ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

I've been trying to get this for ages. Happy to donate to the modder who creates it.

Shouldn't be too hard for someone with skills, as Warfare Thai mod  already has the feature sin, the creator just doesn't want to say what he did, I think because he changed Ryans Zds a lot with custom character skins etc.

Sorry mate.  I'm strictly a scripter.  I think Gibs requires object modeling skills of which I have none.  Good luck in your quest.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Sorry mate.  I'm strictly a scripter.  I think Gibs requires object modeling skills of which I have none.  Good luck in your quest.

No worries,  he did say it was already in the game though as Bis_Headmeat1 or somethiing like that.

10 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

@MuRaZorWitchKING has a mission for you i believe. also there is a ravage steam group where missions are listed if i remember correctly.

@all please post any mission you know about or have created here;)

I actually have three Scenarios using your scripts, and all three are also Ravage based.

”The Burning Rain” based 35 years after the apocalypse in CHR REDUX map: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1431963030

”Not Alone” a 4P COOP Ravage experience based off “The Burning Rain”: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1446397227

And lastly “The Broken” my Scenario following the story of “The Burning Rain”: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1491990072

Welcome back @Vandeanson!! I’m still using the bandit camp, and dynamic ship spawner scripts for the moment, looking into possibly updating again and adding in Jboy dog script! 

Cheers! And Happy New year to ya! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

I actually have three Scenarios using your scripts, and all three are also Ravage based.

”The Burning Rain” based 35 years after the apocalypse in CHR REDUX map: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1431963030

”Not Alone” a 4P COOP Ravage experience based off “The Burning Rain”: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1446397227

And lastly “The Broken” my Scenario following the story of “The Burning Rain”: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1491990072

Welcome back @Vandeanson!! I’m still using the bandit camp, and dynamic ship spawner scripts for the moment, looking into possibly updating again and adding in Jboy dog script! 

Cheers! And Happy New year to ya! 

ty for your work, features list looks amazing. how hard it would be for someone like me who totally unfamiliar with modding tools to move Burning Rain to altis or stratis (I just cant stand cherno anymore lol)?

1 hour ago, Caites said:

ty for your work, features list looks amazing. how hard it would be for someone like me who totally unfamiliar with modding tools to move Burning Rain to altis or stratis (I just cant stand cherno anymore lol)?

Not sure what you mean by "moving the mission" to another map, but in order to do so I would have to give you my work in order for you to make a port over to another map, such permissions are not given. I can however point you in the right direction of starting to edit your own scenarios. 

guess I will stick to The Broken then. its pretty much like The Burning Rain but with harsher environment right? 

19 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

i will, for sure;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Caites said:

its pretty much like The Burning Rain but with harsher environment right?

Yes, that is correct. Although that one doesn’t really have a story, just survival. 

20 hours ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

Yes, that is correct. Although that one doesn’t really have a story, just survival. 

thx I've tried The Broken, almost everything works fine. idea about plane with low fuel is just brilliant (tho i guess it shouldn't  be enough of it to safely reach airport with auto-landing).

couple more questions:

1) is there way to remove that visual filter from native ravage (I remember there was such an option thru radio interface, don't see it now). its ok on greener maps, but on winter altis its just killing my eyes :(

2) is The Broken compatible with fuel consumption mods like [FOX] Fuel?

3) can not force enemy AI to enter building, they just wait outside and after some time leave the area. meanwhile zeds always follow me inside and have no issues with stairs and doors. is that how it supposed to be?

1 hour ago, Caites said:

thx I've tried The Broken, almost everything works fine. idea about plane with low fuel is just brilliant (tho i guess it shouldn't  be enough of it to safely reach airport with auto-landing).

couple more questions:

1) is there way to remove that visual filter from native ravage (I remember there was such an option thru radio interface, don't see it now). its ok on greener maps, but on winter altis its just killing my eyes :(

2) is The Broken compatible with fuel consumption mods like [FOX] Fuel?

3) can not force enemy AI to enter building, they just wait outside and after some time leave the area. meanwhile zeds always follow me inside and have no issues with stairs and doors. is that how it supposed to be?

Hey guys, I think you're a bit off topic and hijacking this thread...maybe you should start PMing on this stuff (and keep this about VD's scripts).   :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I will move my questions to Murazor's missions topic, sry for hijacking, guys, u can delete my last posts.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Caites said:

I will move my questions to Murazor's missions topic, sry for hijacking, guys, u can delete my last posts.

Just repost it to my mission release thread or Direct message me for questions/comments. Thanks @Caites

• Thanks 1

Ladies and Gents,

Quick question to any user - does anyone actually use the marker based site spawns (where you have to place markers on the map where you want sites to spawn) such as trader camp, bandit camp or shipwrecks or do you only use the automated positioning versions of the scripts?

I personally don't like the marker based placement and am considering to stop maintaining two versions of the scripts, at least for the bandit camp and shipwrecks.

Also - does anyone know a good guide on how to pack a script into an actual addon for steam and how to create eden editor modules?

I would love to have an eden editor interface/modules where you can set up and tune my script to your liking.

I will dig into the subject and search the forums and Youtube for myself, but some heads up would be great even so;)

Cheers

VD

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

does anyone actually use the marker based site spawns

Yes! I still use the original release of the Bandit Camp spawner, it seems to be the most stable one for my mission and hasn’t ever broke or been “Overrided” by other scripts, may update in the future, but at the moment I’m still very pleased with the original! :rthumb:

as for script unpacking with the workshop you’ll be needing the “Arma 3 tools” from steam to get started with a mod release, but to merge it all into the editor I wouldn’t have a clue to do... 

I would suggest getting ahold of a mod author for that type of thing.

cheers mate! Still Amazingly fine work! Even if you obsolete the older versions! :) 

• Thanks 1

Hopefully someone can help with an issue I'm having... I get an undefined variable name when the scenario starts. The var referenced is from this line: 

if (VD_AllowRandomPlayerLoadout) then {call VD_Player_Equipper};

I've used VD's scripts before and have them all added as they should be. I'm not using horses or dogs. I just can't seem to figure this out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JasonTheRed said:

Hopefully someone can help with an issue I'm having... I get an undefined variable name when the scenario starts. The var referenced is from this line: 

if (VD_AllowRandomPlayerLoadout) then {call VD_Player_Equipper};

I've used VD's scripts before and have them all added as they should be. I'm not using horses or dogs. I just can't seem to figure this out.

Hi Jason,

im working on a fix for that next update.

its a silly mistake from my end, at the time when initplayerlocal.sqf is executed, vd_funtions.sqf have not yet fully loaded, hence it does not recognize the variables in that line.

in initplayerlocal.sqf, you could add a line:

sleep 5;

at the very beginning, that should fix it.

a more optimized solutiom comes in the 2.32 Update:).

cheers

vd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1