8 minutes ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

i thought the dogs were? As original file has all jboy dogs folders? How do I activate them? Do I need to install the mod first I suppose ?

Check page 14 Posted Novembre 14 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

Ah ok. Actually I think it’s workin just wasn’t exploring good enoug. As I found bandit camps and heli crashes in my mission .

i thought the dogs were? As original file has all jboy dogs folders? How do I activate them? Do I need to install the mod first I suppose ?

thanks for your great work! 

very welcome:)

true, but this is only for the feral dog packs. the guard dogs are only in as of 2.31 "beta"

i recomend to test the mission with Zeus on, all spawns are shown very well there and it is easy to see if all is working well;)

Ok cheers ! I’m only after feral. Packs at the minute so will test in Zeus. Ps imagine if we could get some mutant dogs with to  or zombie dogs . Would this be too much work? I assume the dogs were already in armacodeor did he make them ? 

1 hour ago, MisterOth said:

Vandeanson, What do the ''test.sqf'' in 2.31b script do?

TY

Oh that you can ignore or delete, i just used it to paste some code or run some tests - will not be part of the 2.32 version=)

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

Ok cheers ! I’m only after feral. Packs at the minute so will test in Zeus. Ps imagine if we could get some mutant dogs with to  or zombie dogs . Would this be too much work? I assume the dogs were already in armacodeor did he make them ? 

OK, they do not spawn instantly btw, the timer is set random. yeah that would be cool. the StalkerArms mod has the stalker models ported to arma - but they are not available standalone, to my knowledge. Yeah Johnnyboy has used vanilla arma dog assets for his jbdog scripts, these are not new/made up models.

Hello VD. I was testing 2.31b and it seems for me that everything works great.

So thank you for that.

Only 3 things:

1- IEd script, tested with dbug false in the ied.sqf but the markers stays, It seems that I can't hide the ied marker on the map.

2- I didnt find information, but just for my knowledge, in VD_Arrays.sqf what is the difference between this part

Spoiler

VD_EquipmentVestsVanilla = ("getnumber (_x >> 'itemInfo' >> 'type') isEqualTo 701 && getNumber (_x >> 'scope') >1 && getText (_x >> 'Author') == 'Bohemia Interactive'" configClasses (configfile >> "CfgWeapons")) apply {configName _x};

and this part

Spoiler

VD_EquipmentVestsVanilla = ["V_Rangemaster_belt","V_BandollierB_khk","V_BandollierB_cbr","V_BandollierB_rgr","V_BandollierB_blk","V_BandollierB_oli","V_PlateCarrier1_rgr","V_PlateCarrier2_rgr","V_PlateCarrier2_blk","V_PlateCarrierGL_rgr","V_PlateCarrierGL_blk","V_PlateCarrierGL_mtp","V_PlateCarrier1_blk","V_PlateCarrierSpec_rgr","V_PlateCarrierSpec_blk","V_PlateCarrierSpec_mtp","V_Chestrig_khk","V_Chestrig_rgr","V_Chestrig_blk","V_Chestrig_oli","V_TacVest_khk","V_TacVest_brn","V_TacVest_oli","V_TacVest_blk","V_TacVest_camo","V_TacVest_blk_POLICE","V_TacVestIR_blk","V_HarnessO_brn","V_HarnessOGL_brn","V_HarnessO_gry","V_HarnessOGL_gry","V_PlateCarrierIA1_dgtl","V_PlateCarrierIA2_dgtl","V_PlateCarrierIAGL_dgtl","V_PlateCarrierIAGL_oli","V_RebreatherB","V_RebreatherIR","V_RebreatherIA","V_PlateCarrier_Kerry","V_PlateCarrierL_CTRG","V_PlateCarrierH_CTRG","V_I_G_resistanceLeader_F","V_Press_F","V_TacChestrig_grn_F","V_TacChestrig_oli_F","V_TacChestrig_cbr_F","V_PlateCarrier1_tna_F","V_PlateCarrier2_tna_F","V_PlateCarrierSpec_tna_F","V_PlateCarrierGL_tna_F","V_HarnessO_ghex_F","V_HarnessOGL_ghex_F","V_BandollierB_ghex_F","V_TacVest_gen_F","V_PlateCarrier1_rgr_noflag_F","V_PlateCarrier2_rgr_noflag_F","V_DeckCrew_yellow_F","V_DeckCrew_blue_F","V_DeckCrew_green_F","V_DeckCrew_red_F","V_DeckCrew_white_F","V_DeckCrew_brown_F","V_DeckCrew_violet_F","V_Plain_medical_F","V_Plain_crystal_F","V_Pocketed_olive_F","V_Pocketed_coyote_F","V_Pocketed_black_F","V_Safety_yellow_F","V_Safety_orange_F","V_Safety_blue_F","V_LegStrapBag_black_F","V_LegStrapBag_coyote_F","V_LegStrapBag_olive_F"];

I only understant that I should active just one of them.

3- Can you add a possibility to change color marker for the Trader Random spawn ?

Thank you

4 hours ago, MisterOth said:

Hello VD. I was testing 2.31b and it seems for me that everything works great.

So thank you for that.

Only 3 things:

1- IEd script, tested with dbug false in the ied.sqf but the markers stays, It seems that I can't hide the ied marker on the map.

2- I didnt find information, but just for my knowledge, in VD_Arrays.sqf what is the difference between this part

Hide contents

VD_EquipmentVestsVanilla = ("getnumber (_x >> 'itemInfo' >> 'type') isEqualTo 701 && getNumber (_x >> 'scope') >1 && getText (_x >> 'Author') == 'Bohemia Interactive'" configClasses (configfile >> "CfgWeapons")) apply {configName _x};

and this part

Reveal hidden contents

VD_EquipmentVestsVanilla = ["V_Rangemaster_belt","V_BandollierB_khk","V_BandollierB_cbr","V_BandollierB_rgr","V_BandollierB_blk","V_BandollierB_oli","V_PlateCarrier1_rgr","V_PlateCarrier2_rgr","V_PlateCarrier2_blk","V_PlateCarrierGL_rgr","V_PlateCarrierGL_blk","V_PlateCarrierGL_mtp","V_PlateCarrier1_blk","V_PlateCarrierSpec_rgr","V_PlateCarrierSpec_blk","V_PlateCarrierSpec_mtp","V_Chestrig_khk","V_Chestrig_rgr","V_Chestrig_blk","V_Chestrig_oli","V_TacVest_khk","V_TacVest_brn","V_TacVest_oli","V_TacVest_blk","V_TacVest_camo","V_TacVest_blk_POLICE","V_TacVestIR_blk","V_HarnessO_brn","V_HarnessOGL_brn","V_HarnessO_gry","V_HarnessOGL_gry","V_PlateCarrierIA1_dgtl","V_PlateCarrierIA2_dgtl","V_PlateCarrierIAGL_dgtl","V_PlateCarrierIAGL_oli","V_RebreatherB","V_RebreatherIR","V_RebreatherIA","V_PlateCarrier_Kerry","V_PlateCarrierL_CTRG","V_PlateCarrierH_CTRG","V_I_G_resistanceLeader_F","V_Press_F","V_TacChestrig_grn_F","V_TacChestrig_oli_F","V_TacChestrig_cbr_F","V_PlateCarrier1_tna_F","V_PlateCarrier2_tna_F","V_PlateCarrierSpec_tna_F","V_PlateCarrierGL_tna_F","V_HarnessO_ghex_F","V_HarnessOGL_ghex_F","V_BandollierB_ghex_F","V_TacVest_gen_F","V_PlateCarrier1_rgr_noflag_F","V_PlateCarrier2_rgr_noflag_F","V_DeckCrew_yellow_F","V_DeckCrew_blue_F","V_DeckCrew_green_F","V_DeckCrew_red_F","V_DeckCrew_white_F","V_DeckCrew_brown_F","V_DeckCrew_violet_F","V_Plain_medical_F","V_Plain_crystal_F","V_Pocketed_olive_F","V_Pocketed_coyote_F","V_Pocketed_black_F","V_Safety_yellow_F","V_Safety_orange_F","V_Safety_blue_F","V_LegStrapBag_black_F","V_LegStrapBag_coyote_F","V_LegStrapBag_olive_F"];

I only understant that I should active just one of them.

3- Can you add a possibility to change color marker for the Trader Random spawn ?

Thank you

very welcome!

1. thanks, will check

2. first one calls all vests from cfgConfig with 'author' B.I (e.g. vanilla arma vests). the second one is a manual list of all vanilla vest classnames. this is needed if you select to exclude vanilla vests under vd settings.

the second option is outdated and i am using the automated version.

3. yeah that should be possible!

i have not had much time recently to work on updates, hoping to do some stuff tonight tho and to bring 2.31 live including the zombie infection script and maybe a first version of the underground ancient ruin and the basic basebuilding script.

cheers

vd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

cheers

Thanks a lot. Also take your time.

Really amazing scripts. Looking forward about infection, building, underground scripts.

• Thanks 1

On 20.11.2018 at 2:17 PM, Suplextron said:

Excellent mod/script.

I have it working. However do I have to do something different for the dogs? i've not seen them spawn. Trader, Helicopter crashes and Bandit camps spawn ok. I in settings put dog spawns to 10, still none. ANy thing else I need to edit? Do I need to extract files from the JBOY dog folder?

Thanks!

hiho,

glad to hear its mostly working;)

you mean the feral dogs right? not the guard dogs?

note that the feral dog packs have an initial spawn counter/delay of about 15-20 mins i believe.

as they spawn in player proximity, i did not want them to spawn right away when the player has just spawned.

i can add a setting so you can change that spawn delay timer yourselves.

if you tested it over a longer time than that and still no dogs spawned (when checking with zeus) then i need to check if something else is wrong.

note too that the dogs do not have a 100% chance to attack you. their "aggro" distance varies between 50 and 400 meters to player or AI.

cheers

vd

PS: sorry, its only showing me your post now, hence the late reply..odd..!;)

Edited by Vandeanson

Thanks all working now : came across a fight between a pack of dogs and zombies which was cool will upload screenshot later.

howver any idea how to remove the whimpering noise the dogs make? The bark is fine but the whimper hardly makes them intimidating . Thanks .

all in all sick ass script . I found everything . Copter crash Sites, bandit camps and dogs . Perfext

• Thanks 1

Also . I was wondering do you know anyway to script effects into zombies . That’s the last touch that would make ravage perfect. For example a module to give them exploding heads like Ryan’s . 

Also warfare Thai incorporates gib effects and the head explosion noise when you headshot one . But the author doesn’t want to divulge info. All he said was that it was using particle effects headmeat1 and headmeat2 .

im surprised no one wanted to improve the zombies yet. I’m willing to pay for someone to look into the warfare Thai mod and find out 

1 hour ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

howver any idea how to remove the whimpering noise the dogs make? The bark is fine but the whimper hardly makes them intimidating .

Good point.  Dogs whimper when injured, which makes sense when its a player controlled dog (because it cues player to heal the dog).  But it does not make sense for feral dogs as there is no one to heal them.  I will fix this in the next JBOY Dog release.  But that may be weeks out as I have little time for ARMA in the near term.

Ok , sorry didn’t mean to sound like a complainer but would be good. Thanks for the script it’s dope . And the exploding barrels is an awesome script too .

any ideas about my zombie suggestions ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

Ok , sorry didn’t mean to sound like a complainer but would be good. Thanks for the script it’s dope . And the exploding barrels is an awesome script too .

any ideas about my zombie suggestions ? 

Thanks for reporting the feral dog whimper issue (that's not complaining, that's reporting a real issue, and I appreciate it).  Sry, but I don't have any ideas regarding your zombie suggestions.

• Like 1

@CHICKENLICKEN

thanks for the feedback;)

you are yet to discover the hideouts then, search the deep forrests;)

i dont know about ways to make the z heads explode but i would look into hit eventhandlers that detect hits to the head of any zombie type AI. this combined with code to make the head explode, but here i would not know where to statt to be honest.

also, you might want to check out @GEORGE FLOROS GR 's work, which brings some more blood to the whole thing:)

cheers vd

• Thanks 1

On 29/11/2018 at 1:58 PM, Vandeanson said:

some more blood

Thanks Vandeanon !

To be honest the LITE version is better from the standard one :

PS: i think i need to add a mod version for this.

• Like 2

Had a minute to add some functions to the ressource gather system for the basebuilding.

also, note that the Zs are forced to find a way around the placed object (with reference to recent discussions here or on the ravage Thread)

i might also add a step inbetween, so u cut down a tree, then saw/hack up the fallen tree and only then you get to collect the wood logs.

not sure if i ll stick to holdaction or change to addaction yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Had a minute to add some functions to the ressource gather system for the basebuilding.

also, note that the Zs are forced to find a way around the placed object (with reference to recent discussions here or on the ravage Thread)

i might also add a step inbetween, so u cut down a tree, then saw/hack up the fallen tree and only then you get to collect the wood logs.

Amazing! +1 vote for keeping the holdaction! perhaps can do an animation while holding space and/or require having an axe in inv.

Haleks, it seem we will need one last update with more items!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

To be honest I think you are creating smth that has already been done better before.
Saw some solutions of cutting down trees with axe in several mods. I think epoch had it working, also saw No Cure WIP mod has it working fine.
You come to the tree with an axe in your hands and cut it down with attack animation.
Consider looking into how it's scripted up there, may save you some time for other cool stuff you are creating

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LSValmont said:

Amazing! +1 vote for keeping the holdaction! perhaps can do an animation while holding space and/or require having an axe in inv.

im thinking about adding a "dammaged" eventhandler that will execute code if the unit appling dmg is holding an axe from max melee weapons. since this comes with custom animations and axe, pickaxe, shovel and so on:)

will also add respective chopping and falling tree Sounds.

gotta realize and test that idea first tho, it is currently just in my head:)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Malcain said:

To be honest I think you are creating smth that has already been done better before.
Saw some solutions of cutting down trees with axe in several mods. I think epoch had it working, also saw No Cure WIP mod has it working fine.
You come to the tree with an axe in your hands and cut it down with attack animation.
Consider looking into how it's scripted up there, may save you some time for other cool stuff you are creating

yeah will check em out, didnt know about the no cure mod:)

just in case you are looking for new ravage yt content:

Looping Reel Gaming post new ravage stuff from time to time;)

cheers vd

55 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

just in case you are looking for new ravage yt content:

Is this using your camp spawn scripts? 

I fast forwarded this vid and saw it took 20 minutes before they made contact.  They seem like a cohesive coop team that was enjoying it, but I personally don't have the patience for 20 minutes of hiking before something happens.

• Haha 1

Hi Vandeanson,

Seems that we're getting an error with the BIS_fnc_findSafePos function:

_VD_BC_Spawn = [getPosATL _player, VD_SpawnMinDist, VD_SpawnMaxDist, 0, 0, 0.4, 0, ["VD_Debug_BlacklistArea_1","VD_Debug_BlacklistArea_2","VD_Debug_BlacklistArea_3","VD_Debug_BlacklistArea_4","VD_Debug_BlacklistArea_5","VD_Debug_BlacklistArea_6","VD_Debug_BlacklistArea_7","VD_Debug_BlacklistArea_8","VD_Debug_BlacklistArea_9","VD_Debug_BlacklistArea_10"]] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

It's unhappy about the blacklist markers, if I leave the blacklist array empty, it works.

It doesn't look like there is anything wrong with the args in your code according the wiki so maybe this issue was recently introduced with the latest version of the game?

Any workaround?

Here is the error:

if (_this isEqualTypeArray [[], 0, 0, 0, false]) e>
17:28:44   Error position: <isEqualTypeArray [[], 0, 0, 0, false]) e>
17:28:44   Error isequaltypearray: Type String, expected Array
17:28:44 File A3\functions_f\Misc\fn_getArea.sqf [BIS_fnc_getArea], line 30
17:28:44 Error in expression <s, rectangular _this, -1]};
  • Thanks 1