Ooooh! Small camps and buried chests sound nice! Having small camps with one to maybe four guys around them might be interesting, and you could have more of them. Would make it seem like more people are out there camping and surviving, and maybe some of the small camps could be friendly? I'm just having a little brainstorm at the moment.

I have noticed a few errors pop up but the camps still spawned. I can't actually remember what the errors said, it might have been related to equipment but I'll need to get another look at them again. It could also be caused by something I did, I'm not the best when it comes to scripts anyway.

check out my tradercamp script for friendlies;)

its to be updated as well but i think the current version with ravage traders is working.

i could add recruitable units there

yeah smaller camps should have 1 small tent, a fire and some lootcrate. im thinking about adding a Chance that once you enter the camp a ai survivor spawns nearby and starts to hunt you:)

i will probably make one dynamic spawn script that spawns a couple of things like small camps, burried treasures (pile of dirt), helicopter crashsites and broken down/ overrun military convoys... in the player proxy.

happy to hear about other stuff i could add:)

general question:

do you guys prefer a traders camp in random locations or at preplaced markers (if its changing positions)

i am thinking about spawning it randomly near roads and have the script spawn a mapmarker if the player has a radio or gps equipped at camp spawn/position change.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ContheJon said:

I have noticed a few errors pop up but the camps still spawned. I can't actually remember what the errors said, it might have been related to equipment

yeah let me know, it is likely connected to the weapons array pulled and filtered from config files, i think its best to use a custom assortement of weapons

I like the random trader idea myself. I can already place my own traders down and it's not too difficult. Having them pop up randomly could make the mission feel more dynamic and alive, as if they're moving around and trading with other people than just the player, or moving to another secure location.

• Like 2

Updated;) I have included a function so the camp spawns at least 500m away from any hous (distance can be increased)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice, thanks! I'll give it a go later on and see how it works

EDIT: Tried it out and it seems like it's not spawning the camps. I get this error: https://imgur.com/fcOgngo

I also tried out your feral dog pack script. They do indeed work in Ravage and do damage, it's great! They're bloody terrifying too.

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ContheJon said:

I also tried out your feral dog pack script. They do indeed work in Ravage and do damage, it's great! They're bloody terrifying too.

@johnnyboy for you:))

1 hour ago, ContheJon said:

EDIT: Tried it out and it seems like it's not spawning the camps. I get this error: https://imgur.com/fcOgngo

it looks like it does not have content in the VD_weaponsarray. can you show your init.sqf content? the VD_Array.sqf must be executed before the VD_BCSpawner.sqf.

also, have you amended anything in the script?

what Mods are active?

and thanks for testing, much appreciated;)

• Like 2

Thanks for replying! My VD_Array.sqf is executed before the VD_BCSpawner.sqf, the VD_Array is above the BCSpawner.

The VD_Array.sqf doesn't seem to have the classnames of weapons in it, I have noticed. Maybe that's got something to do with it? And nope, I haven't changed anything in the scripts, just copied and pasted from here into SQF files.

Mods active are Ravage, RHS (all mods), Warfare Thai, CUP Terrains Core, Napf Island A3, CBA, 3DEN Enhanced, TPW Mods and a bunch of urban rappelling and towing mods as well.

Edited by ContheJon

thanks! no, the empty brackets are being filled later on, or are there for custom lists/blacklists.

if you get the chance, please test it without rhs and warfare thai, i assume that one of these mods might be causing an issue in the way how i fetch the weapons from the config files. i also experienced issues with warfare thai when pulling magazinea from the config files. so my first guess is that those or one of the two mods is structured differently.

once i get to my pc i can doublecheck how to fetch rhs and warfare thai weapons, and see how to include those into the automated weapon arrays.

ps: i looked at that tpw mod, looks nice!! how does it perform?

• Like 1

Ok, I'll try a mission without Warfare Thai.

Oh TPW mod is great! Really easy to customise, just need some tinkering in the provided config files. I play Ravage with the ambient animals, some sounds, weather and other stuff it adds in. It also has a skirmish script so you can play Ravage and at the same time have a full scale war going on around you with tanks and squads of troops.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Ok, I'll try a mission without Warfare Thai.

Oh TPW mod is great! Really easy to customise, just need some tinkering in the provided config files. I play Ravage with the ambient animals, some sounds, weather and other stuff it adds in. It also has a skirmish script so you can play Ravage and at the same time have a full scale war going on around you with tanks and squads of troops.

ups no i am just stupid, i did not add the code for VD_Arrays.sqf:)) OP is updated now with hopefully full instructions.

Everyone, i  added my trader camp spawner in OP. it includes the ravage traders as well as an attachments (scopes, silencers, flashlights...) trader and an explosives trader.

both spawners access the same VD_Array.sqf.

i fixed some major flaws in the TC spawner compared to the script posted on the ravage thread.

VD_Arrays.sqf now also has a function to gather all available weapon attachments of active weapons (all mods, or custom lists or lists minus blacklist...)

known issues:

- AI behaves really weird and sometimes attacks the traders, noooo idea why. gotta figure out what to do there...

traders can not be killed, guards do (but respawn)

- i forgot to add a flag, something that looks friendly! i got to add a flag!

- i will add a option that will add a map marker under the condition that the player has a radio or gps equipped

i think spawning the camp on preplaced markers makes sense but i am looking into an automated placement option without markers (maybe near roads or smth...)

also let me know what other traders you would be interessted to see

i ve got a vehicle trader that i can add:)

next up:

- i will update and add my shipwreck spawner.

- adaptation of the EDN basebuilding mod, incl mat spawner & construction pattern spawner

- dynamic task script

- ai bandit spawner if player remains at the same place too long

- dynamic spawner for smaller things such as one man camps, treasures, heli crahsites, broken car convoys,...

- further away i have a farming, breeding/domesticating animals for milk and meat and fishtrap script in mind

- and a reputation system

one by one;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

-shipwreckspawner is added:)

-smoking campfires (farcry style) is added

-marker for tradercamps (if radio is equipped) added

- ground alignement for objects and tents added

-bugfixes

-VD_Arrays.sqf updated and added the arrays for the shipwreckspawner

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Oh my goodness you've been busy! Thanks very much Vandeanson, I'll definitely be trying out these scripts!

• Haha 1

You mentioned maybe making a non-dependent version. I'd love a vanilla version for a mission I have planned.

Blufor is traveling to a mission, aircraft crashes, Team must now figure a way out of the place they crashed. They only have what they were carrying and don't know if locals are hostile.

Anyway, your script would be very useful.

Thanks

On 05/03/2018 at 12:46 PM, Vandeanson said:

- AI might behave odd, attacking the traders

I see no issue here, because... that's what bandits/renegades (opfor, indep) do, right? :icon_biggrin:

16 minutes ago, RZNUNKWN said:

I see no issue here, because... that's what bandits/renegades (opfor, indep) do, right? :icon_biggrin:

haha true, i meant the AI guards in thebtradercamp that i spawned in:))

• Like 2

Hmmm, for some reason, traders only spawn in Novy Sobor in a specific house, despite me placing the markers on the map.

screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/4r5pP9u

Shipwrecks spawned properly, but when I restarted again, I noticed them too in the same position as the trader camp. Same house.

screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/gFYsBcl (this was after I disabled the Trader Script, so no traders in the house)

Also, in the editor when I run the scenario I get the error saying there is something wrong with line 383 (undefined in variable expression for VD_equipper;)

Bandit camp works fine just HOLY SMOKES DAT SMOKE is huge! :icon_biggrin:

ok wow that is weird! any other script running sametime? how have you named the markers, and have you put all of them into the map?

haha yeah the smoke is huge, i wanted to add a smaller version and will, once i figuee out how:) the ravage ones from the wiki wont work for me

with regards to the shipweck, i think this might be because you are very far from any beach. i need toincrease the max distance or add a code that restarts the spawnpoint finding process in case it could not detect a beach in the first attempt

On 5.3.2018 at 12:46 PM, Vandeanson said:

VD_SWSpawner = { _wreckpos = [getPosATL player, VD_BC_CampSpawnMinDist, VD_BC_CampSpawnMaxDist

in the shipwreckspawner, change VD_BC_CampSpawnMaxDist to the number 4000 or more and check if it happens again, i think that place in novy might be some sort of debug zone or so:)

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

ok wow that is weird! any other script running sametime? how have you named the markers, and have you put all of them into the map?

These are the scripts I currently run on Chernarus:

execVM "scripts\system\amb_helis.sqf";
execVM "scripts\system\Detrimental_weather_effects_script.sqf";
execVM "scripts\system\animalspawner.sqf";
execVM "scripts\system\resting.sqf";
execVM "GF_Crashsites\GF_Crashsites_CUP_ravage.sqf";
execVM "ini_roadflare.sqf";

+ your scripts for bandit camps, traders, shipwrecks and array script.

Also, I just noticed, something now is corrupting my savegame, I can't load it, the game freezes. I left the array script and bandit script running, but I'm guessing array script is confusing the game somehow, so I'm not sure if I should disable that.... because of the bandit camp script.

I've placed 4 markers just like you wrote in the script - "VD_TC_Mrkr_1" ,"VD_TC_Mrkr_2","VD_TC_Mrkr_3","VD_TC_Mrkr_4"

And yes I was really far away from the coas the second time I tried the scenario, first time I was in Berezino and shipwrecks were on the beach, it was awesome.

EDIT: I don't know what's causing the freezes, but after I disabled all of your scripts, save game is back to normal. Which is sad. :(

if you saved the game and inbetween loading the savegame disable some scripts that is likely to cause a problem, i think you need to start the mission from scratch

the scripts are in the empty markers (placed on the map) variable names without "quotations" right? sorry for asking basic questions, just making sure we have the same basis;)

ok, i would have to go into each of these scripts to check what could be interfering, however, as both shipwreck and tradercamp spawner spawned there, and both have different spawn systems, i have a slight hope that the house in novi acts as sort of debugg zone and that both ended up there. aso for the TC, it could be that my placement requirements are too harsh and that the findsafepos function can not detect a suitable position arround your makers, i can check that!

9 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

if you saved the game and inbetween loading the savegame disable some scripts that is likely to cause a problem, i think you need to start the mission from scratch

the scripts are in the empty markers (placed on the map) variable names without "quotations" right? sorry for asking basic questions, just making sure we have the same basis;)

ok, i would have to go into each of these scripts to check what could be interfering, however, as both shipwreck and tradercamp spawner spawned there, and both have different spawn systems, i have a slight hope that the house in novi acts as sort of debugg zone and that both ended up there. aso for the TC, it could be that my placement requirements are too harsh and that the findsafepos function can not detect a suitable position arround your makers, i can check that!

I've restarted the scenario every time I've changed something. There's no mistake there.

And yes, without quotations, just simple VD_TC_Mrkr_1.

I will fiddle around with it a bit more, and if anything new happens, I'll post.

• Thanks 1

On 5.3.2018 at 12:46 PM, Vandeanson said:

createVehicle ([getPosATL _fireplace, 10, 20, 20, 0, 10, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos);

change this numbers as following thoughout the TC script

_fireplace, 2,20,1,0.9,0]

this gives the tents and objects more freedom to find a apot arround the campfire.

it would be interessting to know if the campfire also spawned in novy sobor, as this one is spawned directly onto a marker, and not a safepos around it. if also the TC fireplace spawned in the novo house, i would ask you to redo the marker placement and restatt a couple of times

57 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

i would ask you to redo the marker placement and restatt a couple of times

I think I made a mistake, I think I actually put quotes on the empty markers and that caused havoc. I placed them again, checked that there are no quotes and now they are working fine. So traders are now okay. Bandit camps are okay. 

Shipwrecks are working as long as  I'm spawned near the coast. I spawned one in-land and the wreck was in Novy again. But after that, I spawned near the coast and it was fine. So you could just increase the range like you said yourself?

One problem remains, I still freeze after loading a game. I saved the game (fresh restart) and got intentionally killed and when I get to the loading screen, the game freezes, the little green bar fills to the end and then stops completely.