FYI - v2.0 is now in the testing phase, hopefully we will not find too many bugs, then I can release the update.

few screenshots:

spread and "min-distance-for-same-sites-zones". This view in Zeus would indicate that for all sites, spawn positions have been found, but the actual spawn of structures and AI has not been "triggered" yet by a player.

This is to have assets only spawn/be active if a player is nearby. of course, to save fps;).

if all players move too far away from a "marked but dormant" spawn position of a site - it will despawn and a new position relative to a random players position will be found.

- green: shipwrecks and boats

- black: banditcamps

- yellow: hideouts

- orange: crashsites

- blue: helicopter spawns

9E30EEA9E51FAD562523DE99320598E7FFAB0BC2

Zeus view of another spread example:

here all sites have been triggered/spawned because I teleported my player to each site once.

I wanted to see how fps behaved once all sites are not dormant (only a marker) but actually have assets and AI spawned after a player got close to it. Results where gooood;)

D59AD7AD59AC7A6E19DEFDF899924623F5DD5FAC

once a site is spawned, but no player is within e.g. 1000m, the AI's simulation is disabled and all objects are hidden, until any player comes closer again or the despawn timer has run out.

a "disabled" bandit camp and hideout would look like this:

5D911CD8DEDEF0B75306BEA18FD314ABBDB8894D

67DAD9CB6EC9E42EAA3A178DDCFD7A82B970D862

I hope the tests wont show too many game-breaking bugs and hopefully I will finally be able to release the update soon:)

cheers

vd

Edited by Vandeanson
Some corrections, it seems i was quite tired when writing this:)
  • Like 6

Good deal,thanks Vandeanson. I wanted to add tho that on certain terrains the site spawns fall out of bounds(outside boundary of map).Not on Altis..just GM's Weferlingen,Chernarus Redux as well as Cup Teams Chernarus..the only 4 maps I've used it on so far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miasdad said:

Good deal,thanks Vandeanson. I wanted to add tho that on certain terrains the site spawns fall out of bounds(outside boundary of map).Not on Altis..just GM's Weferlingen,Chernarus Redux as well as Cup Teams Chernarus..the only 4 maps I've used it on so far. 

Hi mias, thanks! 

You need to place array markers over such zones that need to be blacklisted and give the marker a unique name. Then enter that marker name in the editor in the addon settings of vandensons apocalypse. 

This way, such marked areas for land or coastal sites will be excluded from the spawner.

In the future I will try to automate this with automated markers for each map. 

• Like 1

Hiho everyone!

v2.0 is released under the complete addon section of the forum, I figured it is time to move the thread there:

This thread will be closed.

I hope you enjoy the new version and let me know about any issues you may find!

Cheers

VD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So should I configure the VD settings through the server or mission for my Hosted MP mission? 

Issues being seen in your sites

-AI have a hard time seeing me or don't shoot back when i shoot at them

-They also ignore zombies

Hey, 

Do i need to add something to my mission.sqm? 

In Arma3 launcher your mod is  showing in the "mods not allowed in server" section

Thanks 

47 minutes ago, sniperb said:

Hey, 

Do i need to add something to my mission.sqm? 

In Arma3 launcher your mod is  showing in the "mods not allowed in server" section

Thanks 

Hmm no i dont know what that could be, not sure what the rules are with th A3 launcher 😞

On 6/16/2019 at 9:56 PM, lv1234 said:

So should I configure the VD settings through the server or mission for my Hosted MP mission? 

Always under Server, and make sure to tick both boxes on the right, to override mission and client. This way users can not alter your settings in Mp. 

In SP it does not matter

Hey, interesting mod with many customization's. Can we expect a server bikey soon ?

Hiho,

Hmm where did that go.. yeah i do usually include a key - latest with next version one will be included.

Fixing the site spawner atm before a new version goes live on steam

I am also about to release a update/tutorial video, that should help with the settings.

https://discord.gg/XPUkU3

for more info

cheers

VD

• Like 1

Wanna hear me talk nonsense for one hour straight?

Knock yourselves out.

Settings tutorial and some updates;)

part 1

part 2

Cheers

VD

Edited by Vandeanson
part 2 added
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

Vandeanson's Apocalypse v2.141 beta

is ready for testing:

- Site spawners are tweaked and should affect FPS minimally while dormant now (even when spawning large numbers of sites and AI)

- Sites can no longer spawn outside the map, by default

-> except Shipwrecks and Boats, where I am still looking for a good solution

- sites will no longer spawn in the debug zone sometimes - respective checks are implemented

- bleeding updated (dynamic animation/animation interruption, bleed effects)

- Animal spawner updated (Sheep, goats, cocks and wild-boars hooked to the  caching function)

- first iteration of scripted (Event-handler "fired near") fleeing behavior of animals

- AI FPS saving mechanics

- Debug notifications added, you will see a hint summary of what has been spawned in.

- Auto recognition of ravage (disables ravage related content if ravage is not active)

- feral and patrol dog sounds fixed

- you can now chose side (east, west, independent or random) that will spawn at any site

EDIT: NEW LINK

v2.141beta adds:

- key to open all addaction for bandaging, blood transfusion, anti virus injector use and anti virus pill consumation: Shift + F

-> requires you to have the respective items and be under the effects of the relevant issues (bleeding or infected)

- press Shift + F again to hide the addactions

- Healing system added: once the player has 90+ blood, is not bleeding and (ravage only) has 80+ hunger and thirst, he will heal every X seconds for Y amount of health. X and Y can be adjusted in the VA - Player settings. The feature can be turned off. I recommend to pair with the feature to disable FAK

and other stuff=)

If you feel like testing, and have questions, feel free to join discord:

https://discord.gg/SAFysz8

cheers

VD

Edited by Vandeanson
NEW LINK and new features
  • Like 2

i have just replaced the above link wiht v2.141beta - see above for additional changes

• Like 1

Hi all,

Vandeanson's Apocalypse v2.15

is uploaded to steam:

NEW USAGE SYSTEM for medical treatment!!
- key to open all addaction for bandaging, blood transfusion, anti virus injector use and anti virus pill consumation:

Shift + F

-> requires you to have the respective items and be under the effects of the relevant issues (bleeding or infected)
- press Shift + F again to hide the addactions

Site spawners
- position finder optimized
- no more debugg zone spawns
- spawn ONLY in map by default, no more marker placement needed
-> except Shipwrecks and Boats, where I am still looking for a good solution
- FPS optimized, hidden when noone near
- Bandit Camps, Crashsites, Hideouts and Shipwrecks have an scrollwheel action to scavence for lootbox
- AI FPS saving mechanics
- feral and patrol dog sounds fixed
- you can now chose side (east, west, independent or random) that will spawn at any site

The Living features:

bleeding:
- updated (dynamic animation/animation interruption, bleed effects)
- applied some fixes so bleeding only starts in intendet scenarios

healing:
- added autohealing that starts when: not bleeding, above 80 blood, (and if ravage) above 80 hunger and thirst

No FAK:
- option to remove FAKs updated, faks are removed from inventory at spawn/respawn and relpaced with bandages at pickup

-Animal spawner updated (Sheep, goats, cocks and wild-boars hooked to the caching function)
- first iteration of scripted (Event-handler "fired near") fleeing behavior of animals

General:
- Debug notifications added, you will see a hint summary of what has been spawned in.
- Auto recognition of ravage (disables ravage related content if ravage is not active)

- Healing system added: once the player has 90+ blood, is not bleeding and (ravage only) has 80+ hunger and thirst, he will heal every X seconds for Y amount of health. X and Y can be adjusted in the VA - Player settings. The feature can be turned off. I recommend to pair with the feature to disable FAK

Cheers

VD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

VA: The Living

"The Living is a set of features in the Vandeanson's Apocalypse Mod, that deals with, well,.. The Living.. 

It provides a survival framework and sets how the world affects the players. 

Currently implemented subfeatures are bleeding and zombie infection and a early version of animal behaviour/hunting. "

Listen up guys!

I have started to write a Bodytemperature script. I figured you all are a bit too cozy in that Z apocalypse and we want to change that right?

The feature will calculate the world temperature based on: 

month (season) , time, humidity, fog, wind and overcast... 

And will add these factors to a base minimum temperature (where you can set the general climate ). E.g. - 15°C for arctic zones or 20°C for southern zones.

This is the "outside temperature".

To that we add the following, in order to get the players body temperature :

Warmth from uniform, vest, facewear and headgear.

Each geartype is divided in 3-4 tiers of gear, from light summer gear to very warm arctic gear.

Each tier adds more temperature.

Special tiers are wetsuits , ghillie suits and rain proof gear.

Further factors are :

Warmth from movement (running heats up) 

Is the player in water or not? (countered by wetsuit) 

Reducing temperatures depending on player altitude (high mountain = cold) 

Is the player near a fire? 

Is the player indoors (reduces humidity and wind effect). 

And more influencing factors tbd. 

Question: what should be, in your view, the sideffects of:

- freezing (shaking? Hunger? Failed reload? Dropping weapon? Bad Aiming?) 

- overheating (thirst?, fainting, blurred vision?) 

- long term undercooled (sickness) 

- being wet long time in cool/cold temps (sickness) 

Let me know what you think. Ideally, the effects are realistic but different from bleeding and infection from VA. 

Shout out to @MuRaZorWitchKING, who inspired me to do this:) 

Cheers

Vd

• Like 1

As these conditions worsen their effects ought to accumulate. Something like:

• Freezing: rapid small shakes affecting aim; then increase reload time; then increase chance of jam (think you've fitted mag but create fail-to-feed, or something).
  • Hunger: reduced stamina recovery; then reduced stamina cap (max, ceiling, whatever you want to call it). Most games make this happen far too quickly. Dehydration should be your primary enemy.
  • Overheating: slow swaying affecting aim; then blurred peripheral vision; then falling over.
    • Perhaps also consider wrong clothing, rapid dehydration (comorbid with overheating), and glare (sunglasses).
  • Long term cold leads to freezing effects & increase calorie requirements (+10-20% perhaps).
  • Wet leads to long term cold; then freezing (same sequence). Can also lead to fungal (infection) problems, particularly the feet (trench foot).
  • Wind: Long Dark might have some cues for you in this regard. Wind shelter is calculated and shows on screen. Prevents getting frozen as quickly. Clothes have wind-chill mitigation (mountaineering parka).

That said some benefits might come out in longer term play:

• If you can maintain health your stamina cap might increase,
  • as would your carrying capacity and top speed running.

You seem well on to a good track with that post.

Will you make it a module that can be dropped on any map?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Vandeanson Since a few guys did already post some suggestions for your future temperature system which include my thoughts about the matter in the RAVAGE thread, I don't want to clog your "audience's wishlist" with repetition.  I do however, have an question and/or feature request for the healing system. 

To me, it is not yet clear if it affects all players, all playable units even if mission slot is occupied by AI or if it affects ALL non-zombie units.  If it doesn't affect ALL units, I suggest to create an option in the VD settings to choose who is affected by the healing system: players only - players and playable units - all units BLUFOR - all units OPFOR - all units IND - all units CIV - all units

And in addition to that I'd like to see AI helping their comrades, be it in mixed players/AI squads or AI-only squads - THAT is one of the most immersive features of the A3Wounding script by Psychobastard which I currently use in my missions. It even comes with a button you can press while incapacitated to call for help - and more than once my AI buddies rushed to my aid and saved my sorry ass...

Just a few thoughts, lemme know if that is within the scope of your work schedule...

• Like 2

@everyone 

The topic was moved:

(i keep posting here by mistake, I know:)) 

Also, feel free to join discord for questions, bug reports or just to have a chat:

https://discord.gg/SAFysz8

Cheers 

Vd