10 minutes ago, B3OP said:

I ask you to forgive me for the endless ideas that get out of me, I understand the complexity, but I am such a dreamer 🙂

By the way at the expense of ideas:
It would be nice if the squad members were sitting around my campfire, and someone took out a guitar ...
Oh, okay, there’s probably a problem with a guitar, but at least a tape recorder near the fire 🙂
And in general, it would be cool if you could add custom recordings for audio cassettes.
My companions would rest near the fire! ))

Okay, I will try to limit my fantasies and not flood.

making a mission right now with VA mod, there is guitar mod that you can use it's working good for me 😄

Spoiler

aLbrSntn2Oc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, B3OP said:

but at least a tape recorder near the fire 🙂

...or a radio.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Regarding your saving issues, i am afraid that there might be so many possible causes for that issue, some maybe not related to the mod, i wont be able to help there:(

I checked, without RHS, the problems with the downloads of the saves disappeared.

Read about the problem here https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/638

I do not quite understand it through Google translator, but they wrote that it was somehow connected with the factions, i.e. RHS mod does not necessarily delete, you can get rid of the problem if you change something.

3 hours ago, zagr said:

making a mission right now with VA mod, there is guitar mod that you can use it's working good for me 😄

Reveal hidden contents

aLbrSntn2Oc.jpg

Thank you, I did not know about this mod.
Is it for the player?
And I wanted my companions around the fire themselves to play the guitar :)

3 hours ago, B3OP said:

I checked, without RHS, the problems with the downloads of the saves disappeared.

Read about the problem here https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/issues/638

I do not quite understand it through Google translator, but they wrote that it was somehow connected with the factions, i.e. RHS mod does not necessarily delete, you can get rid of the problem if you change something.

Thank you, I did not know about this mod.
Is it for the player?
And I wanted my companions around the fire themselves to play the guitar 🙂

yeah it is for player i'll send you the link https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1378775292&searchtext=guitar+mod+

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, EO said:

wow wow wow please make a script for that to use on mission :DDDD

4 hours ago, EO said:

Can you send the mission file? I should be able to extract the code (if you dont mind).. 

I could add it as craftable object to the basebuilding mod or so:) 

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

Can you send the mission file?

Sure. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry, but again the idea :)
Now when there are gangster camps, I see no reason to go into the cities. I attacked the camp and immediately find a lot of everything needed for survival.
1) It is necessary to exclude water from trophies, water should be only in cities. In the rest of the places and on the corpses you can find only empty bottles.
2) Long quest, in one of the town house you can find a note. If you read it then the area will show on the map with another note, this note is in another random city. When you find the second note, you will find out where the next one lies. And so on, in the end you will find a note which indicates the place where the treasure is hidden. This place may be completely random, for example a small box in an open field. No matter what is in the box, the whole point is to move to the specified addresses. By the way, in the house next to the note there may be a radio with music, so the note is easier to detect :)

How it works:
For example, let's take the game GTA.
There are a lot of cool cars, you can sit down and ride.
But where to go?
I am on a steep Ferrari do not know what to do with it, a cool car is meaningless! ))
But there is a taxi, the player is given an address and there is a sense, an interest. And I am glad that I can drive a car, though it’s not a Ferrari, but it’s interesting, and so it’s possible to drive for a very long time.

With such a quest, the player in the apocalypse will have a meaning once again to enter the city, and receive many kilometers of travel. It is natural to survive along the way, and in the city itself is also not safe :)
When the quest is completed, the next one starts, all addresses are random, and so on forever.

• Like 2

hi all,

little update on the infection script:

- infection will spread through coughing to nearby AI and players
- newly infected AI/players will spread again to nearby AI/players
- appropriate facewear may protect from spreading infection as a host, but also from receiving it as bystander
- initially the host is infected by getting hit by zombies, from there the infection may spread
- AI will have random change to "consume" cure pill
- players will have to scavenge for cure pills
- in the video, damage to me is disabled and the damage frequency from the infection on AI is decreased from 80s intervals to 5s, for showcase reasons. 
- the red vest indicates that the AI was infected
- the HINT panel to the right is just for debugging
- note that the AI wearing facemasks are not infected
- while i wear a facemask, i do not infect others

this feature will be removed from the Vandeanson's Apocalypse mod and will be added to the upcoming mod Vandeanson's Apocalypse: The Living (more info to come)
- on a later stage both mods might be merged...tbd

cheers
vd

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, B3OP said:

1) It is necessary to exclude water from trophies, water should be only in cities. In the rest of the places and on the corpses you can find only empty bottles.

Yeah i need to balance the loot table some more. One place should not have all items

8 hours ago, B3OP said:

2) Long

I got something similar planned, where AI drop intel on locations for interessting sites

Cheers

Vd

• Like 1

How can I optimize settings for my computer?
I am willing to give up traders, aircraft and boats.
I like random patrols, random camps too.
How to make the bandits' camps not so large, so that they are compact, a couple of tents and a fire?
What mod can you recommend to me that the smoke from the fire could be seen far away?

16 hours ago, B3OP said:

How can I optimize settings for my computer?
I am willing to give up traders, aircraft and boats.
I like random patrols, random camps too.
How to make the bandits' camps not so large, so that they are compact, a couple of tents and a fire?
What mod can you recommend to me that the smoke from the fire could be seen far away?

Hiho, go to settings, addon option, and select Vandeanson's apocalypse in the dropdown. Here you can adjust pretty much everything from the mod;) 

To make camps smaller, you need to add own compositions and add it to the bandit camp composition pool. 

It works with object grabber and mapper in eden editor. 

I will have to make a guide for that however. But it is not too difficult for users to apply their own conpositions for most sites actually. Will provide guideance as soon as i get to it:) 

Smoke: like far cry? I can add an option for that for the next version, similar like the crashsites. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 2:46 AM, Vandeanson said:

hi all,

little update on the infection script:

- infection will spread through coughing to nearby AI and players
- newly infected AI/players will spread again to nearby AI/players
- appropriate facewear may protect from spreading infection as a host, but also from receiving it as bystander
- initially the host is infected by getting hit by zombies, from there the infection may spread
- AI will have random change to "consume" cure pill
- players will have to scavenge for cure pills
- in the video, damage to me is disabled and the damage frequency from the infection on AI is decreased from 80s intervals to 5s, for showcase reasons. 
- the red vest indicates that the AI was infected
- the HINT panel to the right is just for debugging
- note that the AI wearing facemasks are not infected
- while i wear a facemask, i do not infect others

this feature will be removed from the Vandeanson's Apocalypse mod and will be added to the upcoming mod Vandeanson's Apocalypse: The Living (more info to come)
- on a later stage both mods might be merged...tbd

cheers
vd

I'm looking forward on using this, hope I can figure out how to integrate it with exilemod health system , but still a very nice feature that I was missing in Ravage.
Does other facewear can be used as a protection ?  Respirators are DLC only if I remember correctly , so I'm guessing I can add other types ?

7 minutes ago, chernaruski said:

I'm looking forward on using this, hope I can figure out how to integrate it with exilemod health system , but still a very nice feature that I was missing in Ravage.
Does other facewear can be used as a protection ?  Respirators are DLC only if I remember correctly , so I'm guessing I can add other types ?

U can add the zombies that initiste the infection and ypu can also add face protection indeed;) 

The infection just adds damage to the infected, hence i assume integration should not be an issue 

18 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

U can add the zombies that initiste the infection and ypu can also add face protection indeed;) 

The infection just adds damage to the infected, hence i assume integration should not be an issue 

Well its not as simple as you would think. Exilemod have its own damage handling system (food/water/health) . Plus I use exile reborn addon , which adds bleeding and unconsciousness (merged with exilemod) , plus you must have infistar on multiplayer server that need to be configured accordingly because it protects of any "unusual" damagehandlers activated. So yeah...its gonna take me awhile to get it all set, if at all.

2 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Hiho, go to settings, addon option, and select Vandeanson's apocalypse in the dropdown. Here you can adjust pretty much everything from the mod;) 

To make camps smaller, you need to add own compositions and add it to the bandit camp composition pool. 

It works with object grabber and mapper in eden editor. 

I will have to make a guide for that however. But it is not too difficult for users to apply their own conpositions for most sites actually. Will provide guideance as soon as i get to it:) 

Smoke: like far cry? I can add an option for that for the next version, similar like the crashsites. 

Greetings, I experimented yesterday with the settings, turned off a lot of things and FPS became better.
But not only the FPS has changed, I don’t know how to write, but it has become easier to search containers. When I first put this mod, I thought that the increased time to search the boxes is such an idea. Those. The search indicator lasts 5 times slower, but yesterday after I turned off something, the search time returned to normal for Ravage.
Yes, the manual is needed, and it is better that the text can be copied into Google translator :)

Pro smoke do not worry, I'll try to find a suitable mod.
But the idea with smoke was for better detection of gangster camps if they become compact, i.e. less noticeable.

1 hour ago, chernaruski said:

Well its not as simple as you would think. Exilemod have its own damage handling system (food/water/health) . Plus I use exile reborn addon , which adds bleeding and unconsciousness (merged with exilemod) , plus you must have infistar on multiplayer server that need to be configured accordingly because it protects of any "unusual" damagehandlers activated. So yeah...its gonna take me awhile to get it all set, if at all.

Oh wow.. Yes that sounds indeed like quite some work... Let me know if I can help, once it becomes real:) 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, B3OP said:

I don’t know how to write, but it has become easier to search containers

I know what you mean.:)

The current steam version of the mod is very bad for FPS if used together with ravage. This is my main work on the v2. 0 update right now and it should fix the issues that you describe. 

Cheers

Vd

Hello there, returning after a long break

Love the automated improvement of your scrips, it has made my life sooo much easier for my MP mission. However I have some issues

-Tradercamp refuses to spawn with this error: https://imgur.com/b8EthT5 (works in sp)

-Somehow in the settings, I give ai 10% chance to spawn rifle and 100% to spawn with pistols. However, most ai start spawning with more rifles than pistols

-ravage's roaming ai somehow refuses to work? (works in sp) Was too close to the ocean while in MP, hence why they didn't spawn until i got further into the land 

-also do we need other mods for the dog script?

@lv1234

Hi lv, welcome back:) 

Which VA Version are u using? The one from steam or test version 1.9 from here? 

It seems that the screenshot is low quality and i can not read the error message well, but it looks like "rvg_... "Hence it seems to be a ravage issue my functions start with "VA....". 

However, in general, i am working on quite an extensive overhaul of the mod right now to improve fps. The tradercamp will be fixed in the following update. 

@all

I got some very vauluable inputs on how to optimize my scripts. 

Sametime, i messed something in v1. 93 up and now nothing works🤔

So i ll have to take a step back and undo some changes after 1.9 test version and add some new features step by step. 

Bit annoying but what can one do😒

But hey, the weekend is comming! 

Cheers

Vd

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vandeanson said:

@lv1234

Hi lv, welcome back:) 

Which VA Version are u using? The one from steam or test version 1.9 from here? 

It seems that the screenshot is low quality and i can not read the error message well, but it looks like "rvg_... "Hence it seems to be a ravage issue my functions start with "VA....". 

However, in general, i am working on quite an extensive overhaul of the mod right now to improve fps. The tradercamp will be fixed in the following update. 

@all

I got some very vauluable inputs on how to optimize my scripts. 

So i ll have to take a step back and undo some changes after 1.9 test version and add some new features step by step. 

Cheers

Vd

Using your latest steam one. The main issue here is that it just won't spawn however in SP, it works. Everything else works though at very least.

Ok thanks, hosted mp or dedicated mp? 

But anyway, the tradercamp has a couple of feature breaking issues in MP and it will be remade. Probably from scratch. 

Also, a lot has happened with the ravage mod, so i need to check if some of my ravage related code must be updated. 

I will however check that on my WIP version 1.93+ only and hope to release it asap:) 

Cheers

Vd

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Ok thanks, hosted mp or dedicated mp? 

But anyway, the tradercamp has a couple of feature breaking issues in MP and it will be remade. Probably from scratch. 

Also, a lot has happened with the ravage mod, so i need to check if some of my ravage related code must be updated. 

I will however check that on my WIP version 1.93+ only and hope to release it asap:) 

Cheers

Vd

Hosted MP...Looking forward to the fix!

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 8:24 AM, Vandeanson said:

Issue is solved, code optimization in progress again:) 

• Like 3

Fyi:

I was made aware of a logic error when using foreach. This results in distance checks from site/AI to any player before despawn of a site/AI not working as intended, meaning that sites or AI (when dead) could sometimes despawn in front of you. 

@zagr this was causing the AI deletion issue you noticed, fyi. 

I got a fix for that now. 

Generally after a first round of optimization, i got quite good critique and feedback in the forums that helped me reconsider coding desicions and initiated another round of optimization and even rewriting of basic scripts of the mod. I am basically fixing the template of the dynamic spawn/idle/despawn/respawn system and can apply these optimizations to all features. 

Progressing slowly due to restricted "me-time" but changes are quite impactfull and i am looking forward to playtest and finally release the update:) 

Cheers

Vd

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2