Hiho all, 

Most of my arma time has been hijacked by my basebuilding mod, BUT I learnd a bunch of code that I can apply to the VA mod as well:) 

This afternoon i figured out how to takle the FPS issue the VA mod is causing. (because too many assets are spawned, despite dynamic simulation). 

It is a small additional feature that can be implemented into all site and AI spawners quickly. 

Very happy about it and dont really know why i didnt think about it earlier... 

The new method is finding a suitable position for each site, but then instead of spawning in all assets immediately, the spawning is put on hold until any player gets within view distance of the site. Once it is spawned, the despawn cooldown starts, or, if the player is very far away, the site will despawn and a new one will be placed in the new area of operation. 

I did also notice that the infection features pill consuming addaction, that would cure the infection, is not working fyi. Looking into it among other known issues. 

Cheers

Vd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Vandeanson,

Thx for your amazing mod, btw i cant use it on my dedicated as there is no key 

Any chance to get one ? or is there a way to integrate it as a script ?

Cheers

Wave

• Like 1

Hi @highwave

Thanks for the praise, glad you like the mod! 

I am not too familiar with the whole server key topic but if i recall correctly, the mod needs to be signed and then thw public server key may be used for server hosts. If you cand find the server key then i might have done something wrong nd I will look into it, latest when releasing the v2.0 update. 

A script version is not planned, as i went away from that a while ago and I would have to rewrite quite a bunch of code. 

Thanks for notifying me about the issue:) 

Cheers

Vd

21 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

I am not too familiar with the whole server key topic but if i recall correctly, the mod needs to be signed and then thw public server key may be used for server hosts. If you cand find the server key then i might have done something wrong nd I will look into it, latest when releasing the v2.0 update. 

If you signed your pbo it would have created a BIKEY file as well as your private BIPRIVATEKEY file. 

The BIKEY file should be copy/pasted then inserted within a folder named "key" or "keys" as part of your upload package to Steam.

Only the BIKEY file should be distributed to the public with your content. 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2019 at 11:33 AM, highwave said:

Any chance to get one ?

aah right, thanks to  gunters yt guide i actually signed it, just placed the key wrong=)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vAbwLKz2pvFoRDonRtu7SpBu4xlslTTJ

you can DL it from here and I will place it properly in v2.0;)

Thanks for the heads up both of you!

cheers

vd

You should still include the .bikey key for server admins, the .bisign key is only relevant for players.

7 minutes ago, EO said:

You should still include the .bikey key for server admins, the .bisign key is only relevant for players.

off to watch gunthers video again =D thanks EO

Open your Arma 3 Tools folder, there's a sub folder called DSSignFile, within that there should be your .bikey file, this is the key for server admins. 😉

• Thanks 1

Hiho all

Quick showcase of how the updated site spawn system works.

in short, it will mark a spot for a site - and will wait until a player gets close enough for it to spawn.

the old version is spawning in all assets right away, only with dynamic simulation enabled, which is still too heavy on FPS.

The method seems to save a loooot of FPS compared to the current live version of the mod 😉

the release is creeping closer, but no ETA yet.

cheers

VD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, EO said:

Open your Arma 3 Tools folder, there's a sub folder called DSSignFile, within that there should be your .bikey file, this is the key for server admins. 😉

Alright got it - I did not have my latest version signed - will follow with v2.0 - thanks EO;)

Hiho,

If anyone feels like testing the current WIP version v1.91 of the VA mod update, preferably in SP, Hosted and Dedicated, you can find the current version here:

Please let me know if you experience crashes and how much the mod seems to affect your FPS.

Printscreens of your errors or RPT files would be nice;)

Download v1.91 of Vandeanson's Apocalypse

You will have to add it as local mod via launcher.

DL the file, unzip it and add the resulting file to your mod list via launcher option to add a local mod.

Dependencies: CBA_A3 & CUP Terrains - Core

The mod will NOT create a dependency in your mission. It  can also be used on top of any other existing mission you play.

Just have the mod active and start a mission, this way the sites and features of the mod will spawn according to the default settings.

You need access to your mission in eden editor, to change the settings of the VA mod however.

Download the Server Key for Vandeanson's Apocalypse

(does not work for the current Steam release of the VA mod v1.18!)

Optimized features:

- general restructuring of scripts into functions, extracted some functions, general improvements

- I use a lot of "waituntil". In my understanding, it is beneficial to add sleeps to the "waituntil" condition checks. done that - should free up some powaa!

- Bandit Camp spawner is FPS optimized

- Crashsites are FPS optimized

- Heli Spawns are FPS optimized

- Hideouts are FPS optimized

Changes:

- added chance for cure pill boxes to spawn in some of the sites (Bandit Camp and Hideout)

- increased add-action cure pick up distance for above

- AI spawner is now a separate function

- IED spawner is now a separate function

- feral dog packs are now MP compatible (LSValmont version)

- patrol dogs are now MP compatible (LSValmont version)

Fixed known issues:

- infection script: cure consummation add-action fixed, should always be available when infected and carrying cure pills. Zombies no longer drop cure pills

- removed loot add-action from Hideout tents

- removed loot add-action from Crashsite gargo space

Not fixed:

Note that the following sites are not yet FPS optimized, if you have FPS troubles, check if disabling those help. These are next to be optimized ofc.

- Shipwrecks

- Boatspawner

- Planespawner

- NoRest spawner

- AI patrol spawner

- Medical site spawner

- Infection cure pills: can not be picked up in third person but only in first person, I assume because of the pillbox asset's model size.

- the Tradercamp selling add-action is not yet MP compatible (i.e. only the host sees the add-actions if in MP)

Tipps for testing:

- Enable ZEUS to check for new assets all 60 seconds to see stuff as ZEUS (VA CBA Settings)

- play around with the settings: site amounts, ranges and a lot more can be changed in the CBA Settings for Vandeanson's Apocalypse

- disable or lower the amount of sites that spawn for all sites under "not fixed" above, if you get FPS issues

- try out your favorite mods and check if issues appear

Let me know what you like and what not, and specially, what errors you get.

I will try to collect feedback and include it in v2.0 Steam Mod Update;)

Cheers

VD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

WIP v2.0 progress info:

NOTE: this is not a v2.0 release! Just an update on the progress. 

Hiho all, 

I am progressing well with the performance improvement update of the VA mod: 

Milestones:

- new FPS friendly spawn system works as intended

- new spawn system applied to about 80% of site spawners, rest WIP

- sp, hosted and dedicated tests show significant fps improvements when running the mod along with Ravage for multiple hours (50-70 fps). This thanks to the kind help and work of @zagr, who tested tirelessly and gave essential feedback on issues.

- the above solution should also fix an issue with ZEUS no longer reacting after 1h mission runtime. 

- i am now working on an additional performance saver, that will HIDE spawned sites, that are "waiting" for despawn, in case no player is currently close to it. WIP and to be tested. 

other than that i have reworked:

- loot spawners for sites

- own loot economy (dynamic lootspawn and despawn on ground in buildings based on each players position)  WIP and to be tested

- added anti virus pill boxes to some sites-spawner

- removed loot addaction from crashsites and hideout tents and replaced with random loot

- added new dynamic AI patrol spawners

- dynamic stalker AI

- MP compatible patrol dogs for AI

- mp compatible feral dogpacks

(dogs by LSValmont and johnnyboy)

- fixed an issue with the pill consumation addaction if infected

- zombies will no longer drop infection cure pills

- started work on a system that spreads the infection from infected player/AI to AI/players that are within close distance to each other and do not wear face protection. More info to follow, early WIP

- added eventhandler that migh reveal site posions on map when picking up ravage documents from AI or crate (wip, to be tested) 

To do:

- finish the above WIP bits

- review infection timers and effects, maybe add more customization option for players

- apply new spawn system to all remaining sites

- tradercamp: check what needs to be done for MP compatibility and decide if this will be updated for v2. 0 or later. I might decide to rewrite the whole thing, in that case an update will follow in a later patch

I have a sh*tload of new ideas but I want to focus on bringing the mod to a stable and FPS friendly version 2.0 and add new feature in the following version. 

Very excited about the progress 🙂

Cheers 

VD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 минут назад Вандеансон сказал::

WIP v2.0 информация о прогрессе:

Привет всем,

Я хорошо продвигаюсь с обновлением повышения производительности va mod:

Основные этапы:

- новая FPS дружественная система spawn работает по назначению

- новая система spawn применяется примерно к 80% нерестовиков сайта, rest WIP

- sp, размещенные и выделенные тесты показывают значительные улучшения fps при запуске мод вместе с Ravage в течение нескольких часов (50-70 fps). Это благодаря доброй помощи и работе @zagr, который проверил неустанно и дал существенные отзывы по вопросам.

- вышеуказанное решение также должно устранить проблему с ZEUS больше не реагирует после 1H mission runtime.

- я сейчас работаю над дополнительной заставкой производительности, которая будет скрывать появившиеся сайты, которые "ждут" отчаяния, в случае, если ни один игрок в настоящее время не близок к нему. WIP и быть испытанным.

кроме этого я переработал:

- Loot spawners для сайтов

- собственная экономика добычи (динамические lootspawn и despawn на земле в зданиях, основанных на каждой позиции игроков) НЗП и быть проверены

- добавлены антивирусные таблетки коробки на некоторые сайты-spawner

- удален лут addaction из crashsites и укрытия палатки и заменен на случайную добычу

- добавлены новые динамические нерестовики AI patrol

- динамический сталкер AI

- MP совместимые патрульные собаки для AI

- mp совместимые дикие dogpacks

(собаки LSValmont и johnnyboy)

- Исправлена проблема с потреблением таблеток addaction при заражении

- зомби больше не будет падать инфекции лечение таблетки

- начата работа над системой, которая распространяет инфекцию от зараженного игрока / AI к AI / игрокам, которые находятся на близком расстоянии друг от друга и не носят защиту лица. Более подробная информация, чтобы следовать, ранний НЗП

- добавлен eventhandler, который migh раскрывает зелья сайта на карте при получении разрушительных документов из AI или crate (wip, для тестирования)

Делать:

- закончите вышеуказанные биты WIP

- обзор инфекционных таймеров и эффектов, возможно, добавить больше вариантов настройки для игроков

- применить новую систему spawn ко всем остальным сайтам

- tradercamp: проверьте, что нужно сделать для совместимости MP и решите, будет ли это обновлено для v2. 0 или позже. Я мог бы решить переписать все это, в этом случае обновление последует в более позднем патче

I have a sh*tload of new ideas but I want to focus on bringing the mod to a stable and FPS friendly version 2.0 and add new feature in the following version. 

Very excited about the progress 🙂

Cheers 

VD

tell and where can be download WiP 2.0

7 minutes ago, lord3579 said:

tell and where can be download WiP 2.0

This is just an info about the current state of the update work, sort of a development update. 

v2.0 is not released yet. 

You can find the WIP version 1.91 for testing a bit further up:

Cheers 

VD

Hello Vandeanson!
Many thanks for this mod.
There is an idea about survival, I want to say that picking up objects and shootouts in the wild world sooner or later get bored. I want to survive not only for myself but also to try for the sake of someone.
How do you see a player having a friend or just a person you need to take care of?
Suppose a friend is sick, or has broken a leg (is lame) and cannot travel, but he will die if he does not bring medicine, food and water. Such a person could live somewhere in a secluded place, maybe in an abandoned house or cave ...
Is it possible to implement it in fashion?
I am writing through Google translator.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, B3OP said:

Hello Vandeanson!
Many thanks for this mod.
There is an idea about survival, I want to say that picking up objects and shootouts in the wild world sooner or later get bored. I want to survive not only for myself but also to try for the sake of someone.
How do you see a player having a friend or just a person you need to take care of?
Suppose a friend is sick, or has broken a leg (is lame) and cannot travel, but he will die if he does not bring medicine, food and water. Such a person could live somewhere in a secluded place, maybe in an abandoned house or cave ...
Is it possible to implement it in fashion?
I am writing through Google translator.

I like the idea a lot, thanks for the input! 

It ties in with some other features I m working on or have planned. 

Lets call it THE SANCTUARY:

- using my Work in progress basebuilding mod, you can gather materials and build a base

- in the base you can store your equipment, vehicles

- you can craft gear and refine building materials

- the base will attract survivors or survivors can be recruited

- build tents or other sleeping places to allow survivors to settle down

- you need to scavenge gear and food for the base

- scavenge first aid kits so wounded survivor can be healed

- survivors will use up your stock of food and water, and will die or leave if no food is left

- survivors will gear up and arm themselves if you provide weapons

- healthy survivors may start to farm, trade or scavenge for goods, gear or vehicles, so you get some return on investment

- bandits or zombies will launch attacks on your camp, so it has to be defendet (walls, mines, armed guards) 

Just a collection of ideas but i think all should be doable in some way. i

I will look into it once v2. 0 is finally stable and released. 

I was looking for a good reason why players would spend time building a base and gather ressources for it, this might just be the answer:) 

Cheers 

Vd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

Мне очень нравится идея, спасибо за вклад! 

Это связано с некоторыми другими функциями, над которыми я работаю или планировал. 

Давайте назовем это священным

- используя мой мод создания базы в процессе работы, вы можете собирать материалы и строить базу

- в базе вы можете хранить свое оборудование, транспортные средства

- вы можете изготовить снаряжение и усовершенствовать строительные материалы

- база привлечет выживших или выжившие могут быть завербованы

- построить палатки или другие спальные места, чтобы выжившие могли обосноваться

- вам нужно собирать снаряжение и еду для базы

- аптечки первой помощи, чтобы раненый оставшийся в живых мог исцелиться

- выжившие израсходуют ваш запас еды и воды и умрут или уйдут, если еды не останется

- выжившие вооружатся и вооружатся, если вы предоставите оружие

- здоровые выжившие могут начать фармить, торговать или собирать мусор для товаров, снаряжения или транспортных средств, поэтому вы получаете некоторую отдачу от инвестиций

- бандиты или зомби будут атаковать ваш лагерь, поэтому его нужно защищать (стены, мины, вооруженные охранники) 

Просто набор идей, но я думаю, что все должно быть в некотором роде выполнимо. я

Я буду смотреть на это однажды v2. 0 наконец стабильно и выпущено. 

Я искал вескую причину, по которой игроки тратят время на создание базы и собирают для нее ресурсы, это может быть просто ответом :) 

ура 

Vd

Yes, creating your base is an idea that can make a player work. And then the process of survival can turn into a side problem, and not the meaning of the game.
But can the inhabitants of such a base protect themselves? I saw a squad of 10 people, well armed, but all turned into zombies))
I would prefer to make a base in one of the big military towers. And it is not clear what will be the mechanics of building a base.
This will not be easy to implement.
If there are a lot of people there, will the player be able to feed them all?
It is a pity that there are no women, without them the base will be empty :)
How to collect the survivors in the database?
There will be requests for help on the radio and the player must have time to help the poor fellows, and then bring them to the base?
And if among the new arrivals are infected, and after some time when the player returns, he will find out that on the base instead of the survivors there are zombies walking! :))
Then you need a physician (or scientist) who will monitor this and sometimes give the player the task to find specific medicines.
And the residents of the base can organize their patrols and go in search of provisions, and on return, the medic should quarantine them :)
Another idea, when the base is built, it is possible to convene all the survivors on the radio, but for this you need to build or repair radio antennas.
So I would revive a small town, in the north-west of Altis there is just a suitable city, I would take all my friends there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, B3OP said:

And it is not clear what will be the mechanics of building a base.
This will not be easy to implement

I got most of it working: (see link below) 

16 minutes ago, B3OP said:

But can the inhabitants of such a base protect themselves? I saw a squad of 10 people, well armed, but all turned into zombies))

Yeah handling friendly AI will be the most annoying part, need to add a savezone of some sort. 

(basebuilding mod/script) :

20 minutes ago, B3OP said:

build or repair radio antennas

I like that: build one big radio antenna in the base and small small receivers away from tv base, or repair existing ones in order to receive tasks and help requests from the base (need a radio equipped). 

I could try to add medical stations and repair stations that can repair your vehicles, or treat you and survivors if you leave them repair tools, spare parts and medical supplies:) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

Я получил большую часть работы: (см. Ссылку ниже) 

Да, обработка дружественного ИИ будет самой раздражающей частью, необходимо добавить какую-то зону сохранения. 

(базовый мод / скрипт) :

Мне нравится это: встроить одну большую радиоантенну в базу и маленькие маленькие приемники вдали от телевизионной базы или отремонтировать существующие, чтобы получать задания и запросы помощи от базы (необходимо радио, оборудованное). 

Я мог бы попытаться добавить медицинские пункты и ремонтные станции, которые могут ремонтировать ваши транспортные средства или лечить вас и выживших, если вы оставите им инструменты для ремонта, запасные части и медицинские принадлежности :) 

Amazing work!
I did not even think that this was possible, but I especially liked the idea with the lamp.
Watching the video, I thought that the extraction of materials could be made easier, for example, to collect from containers and packages in construction sites, warehouses, shops.
Construction looks good, even the complexity of the menu is not very scary, in the end, the same construction, still not an easy thing in itself :).
But looking at how the zombie passes through the barrier, I thought that the concept of fences is no good. Perhaps you will find a way to make the zombies react to the fence, but can you just refuse the fences?
And what will happen to the fence if you throw a grenade at him?
It is better to build a defense by installing towers with soldiers, machine-gun nests, and all this is around the building that is already on the map. A lot of places that fit for the base.
If you equip the village, then many of the perimeter towers and machine guns in the windows will solve the problem of defense. But if this is a village, then it is necessary to solve the problem with the appearance of zombies inside the village. Maybe this problem can be solved by a found scientist who will give a quest and as a result zombies will no longer appear in the required area? :)
And besides the zombies, there are also gangsters, they will deliver problems before reaching the fences.
Well, the best shelter is a place that is difficult to find, for example, an underground bunker and two masked entrances, it will save not only from zombies but also from players in multiplayer.

• Like 1

Firstly,thanks for this mod Vandeanson,been a pleasant game changer.I have one problem tho,seems the AI patrols corpse are  deleted too quickly,leaving me lil chance of scavenging for loot.Any way I can fix this?

• Thanks 1

I have a problem with saving downloads, the game crashes - "too many virtual memory blocks requested".

I can not load any save :(

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, miasdad said:

Firstly,thanks for this mod Vandeanson,been a pleasant game changer.I have one problem tho,seems the AI patrols corpse are  deleted too quickly,leaving me lil chance of scavenging for loot.Any way I can fix this?

Thanks man,:) 

Yes, v2. 0 should bring a fix to that. I am aware what the issue was. 

• Like 1

Today I will try to play without RHS, the problem may appear because of this mod, and they write that it happened after one of the recent updates of the game.
But the Apocalypse of Vandeansona is too good, I will play, it seems I will have to use the mode "He died so dead" - without saving the game! :)

Yes, the mod is really very good, Google translator will not be able to convey all the pleasure that I get from the game :)

These are constant and unexpected surprises, there are always some events. In Ravage I did Population Factor 2, and in Apocalypse Bandit Camps 8.
In the scenario, having made a car in which I put a suppressor for a rifle, they put this car on the north coast, and he himself was revived in the very south. But I realized that the road to the car will be long, two kilometers of the journey took 1 hour or more :)

This fashion needs such travel, the player needs to set a task so that he reaches the goal.

For example, I want to build a base.
1) I need materials, but they are heavy, so I need a car.
2) To build a car, I need a car mechanic.
3) To find a mechanic, I need a radio and I hope that the mechanic will be in the range of my radio. But I can fix the radio antenna network and then I will definitely find the right person.
4) When I find a mechanic, he notes on the map where the parts are, and these are 4 wheels, spare parts for the engine, a canister with gasoline and something else ... all this is separate and may lie far away.
5) Then we put everything in a broken car. And we accompany the mechanic to the car, he is not armed and shoots badly, we need to protect him on the road to the car ....
6-7-8 ..) When we build a base, a scientist can come to us, who can give the player many requests: “go there and bring”, “go there and turn on” and so on.
9-10-11) the general questions of the survival of people in our shelter can also force the player to travel to far distances.
The final, there must be a final, for example, our scientist is studying the apocalypse here, and he will prepare the island with the help of a player to clear it of problems. At the very end the good guys will come and return the island to normal life.

В общем, игрок должен постоянно ставить задачи и заставлять его перемещаться в определенные места.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B3OP said:

🙂

These are constant and unexpected surprises, there are always some events.

Yeah that was the core idea behind it, very happy that it works for you:) 

Regarding your saving issues, i am afraid that there might be so many possible causes for that issue, some maybe not related to the mod, i wont be able to help there:(

Thanks for sharing your ideas, some will find a way into the mod, for sure:) 

• Like 1

I ask you to forgive me for the endless ideas that get out of me, I understand the complexity, but I am such a dreamer :)

By the way at the expense of ideas:
It would be nice if the squad members were sitting around my campfire, and someone took out a guitar ...
Oh, okay, there’s probably a problem with a guitar, but at least a tape recorder near the fire :)
And in general, it would be cool if you could add custom recordings for audio cassettes.
My companions would rest near the fire! ))

Okay, I will try to limit my fantasies and not flood.

• Haha 1