What i forgot as well check also how to use the userconfig , in order to be able to apply external settings to the Mod

see one of my stuff :

On 8/12/2018 at 3:10 PM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

gf-auto-loot-script-version-11-2_4.pnggf-auto-loot-script-version-11-3_4.pnggf-auto-loot-script-version-11-5_4.png

gf-auto-loot-with-userconfig-version-100

GF Auto Loot

• Like 1

thanks! the example file seems very helpfull. i think i ll start with one feature and if that works, pack the whole thing into a mod:)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

pack the whole thing into a mod:)

Vandeanson ,

you are doing a really great job and i could say that Ravage Mod really needs you !

tenor.gif?itemid=3315477

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

@ArteyFlow

Hi, you also commented on YT right?

I rarely get to test MP myself and only found out recently that something woth the loadout script doesnt work ob MP. It is either a small mistake or a general missunderstanding on my end. 

in initplayerlocal.sqf you can try and add

params ["_player"];

in the first line, and replace any mention of player with _player.

do the same in vf_functions.sqf within the code VD_Player_Equipper = {

params ["_player"];

....code...

(replace all mentions of player with _player)

};

if that does not fix it then i might need to add remoteexec code language, but thats new land to me and i am not sure about it yet. if i find a fix, it will be part of the next update.

EDIT: after reading again through the BI forums entry about remoteexec and the comments there under, I am now pretty sure that my code is not MP compatible and that I need to adapt the code using remoteexec, FYI.

infection script:

there should be a line under vd_init.sqf calling it. smth like execvm "../.../VD_infection.sqf" or smth like it. just delete this line.

EDIT: ups, nvm - the infection script is called from initplayerlocal.sqf via an Eventhandler - you will need to remove the eventhandlers related to the infection scripts.

I will add an option under VD_Settings.sqf to easily disable the infection script in the next release however.

May I ask, is there something you do not like about the script, but would use it if it was better, or do you just in general do not want such a feature in your mission? (just FYI to see if improvements can be made).

hope this helps;)

cheers vd

Lmao yeah, I originally commented on Youtube but I figured you wouldn't see it, so I deleted it. About the infection script, I feel that it simply is just too overpowered; the chance of getting infected seems to be a bit too high, I also think the damage ticks are too frequent (you die way too fast). Also, for some reason, the injectors dont seem to cure the infection at all. I tried the "pick up injector" option in the mouse wheel menu, but it didn't do anything. 

20 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Vandeanson ,

you are doing a really great job and i could say that Ravage Mod really needs you !

tenor.gif?itemid=3315477

right, addon version created and uploaded in private mode for now:) thank you very much, your example file is veeeery helpfull!

Gotta put all the variables from settings into eden editor modules now, i want users to be able to directly adjust the settings in eden - wish me luck!

do you by chance know if i can add classes that usually are added in description.ext, can also be entered in config.cpp same way? I have done so, but am not 100% sure if it works yet. will keep you posted.

EDIT: I found the answer in your example file;)

Edited by Vandeanson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@CHICKENLICKEN

Check under VD_Settings.sqf, the line about the blacklist zones for land spawns - you need to delete the marker within the = ["markertodelete"];

Or you place an area marker with that name- else stuff spawns outside the map in the empty land parts. in chernarus redux you would actually need 2 area markers, for west and for north.

Go throug the explanation in VD_Settings, it should provide some guidance on how to proceed.

nono, without the "" inside the brackets;)

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

nono, without the "" inside the brackets;)

Thanks it's working now!

do i need to update JBOY dog manually? i think dogs still whimper. if not it's nothing major

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

Thanks it's working now!

do i need to update JBOY dog manually? i think dogs still whimper. if not it's nothing major

i have updated it in my working version, but it should be fine for you to just replace the two JBDOG folders of my script with the latest Version.

i will wait with releasing the update as a steam mod until i habe a good way for players to adjust the settings

• Like 1

Hi all,

A quick update from my end.

Next stop for this script pack will be the release as a Steam Addon.

While this is now set up in private mode and ready to launch, I need to dig into CBA to understand how to create Eden Editor settings that will allow the user to customize the features (amount of spawns, timers, ranges, disable/enable features, custom arrays,..). This is important to me, as different map sizes (Altis vs. Stratis), geography (island vs. non island maps) or FPS expectations/PC Power, may require different settings.

I have gotten some great help there, but its just a matter of time to properly sit down and learn/try/fail/test/succeed;).

It is actually quite rewarding to tick your own Addon in the launcher, load up the game, launch any mission, and see the camps, shipwrecks and so on pop up all over the map without any mission folder tinkering. :drinking2:

Hence there is a little shift in priorities. I am now polishing the individual existing features and have some work ahead of me with CBA, before any planned new feature will be looked at.

I have also tweaked some of the spawners, so that even if you do not have CUP terrains - core loaded, all features spawn correctly (minus the CUP structures of course).

Cheers

VD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Next stop for this script pack will be the release as a Steam Addon.

Waiting for !  :thumb:

• Like 1

On 22.1.2019 at 6:31 PM, ArteyFlow said:

Lmao yeah, I originally commented on Youtube but I figured you wouldn't see it, so I deleted it. About the infection script, I feel that it simply is just too overpowered; the chance of getting infected seems to be a bit too high, I also think the damage ticks are too frequent (you die way too fast). Also, for some reason, the injectors dont seem to cure the infection at all. I tried the "pick up injector" option in the mouse wheel menu, but it didn't do anything. 

there should be an additional addaction for your scrollwheel available after pick up. its only shown when you are infected.

so pick it up if it drops from a dead AI and if you get infected and have previously picked up injectors, u should be able to cure yourself.

i will look into the timers and damage applied and will see if i need to tweak the effects, thanks for the feedback:)

• Like 1

In an MP game I constantly get an error about the VD_AllowRandomPlayerLoadout variable not existing. I have the var declared in VD_Settings and it's included in init.sqf. The loadout never seems to run.

hm i thought i had sent off my reply from my pc..

well the short story is: go to initplayerlocal.sqf and replace the lime woth the player_equipper with: call vd_player_equipper;

that will fix it for you. however, the code behind the script is not working properly for any of your friends that might join your server. this issue is currently WIP;)

Aaalriiight, CBA settings for Eden editor are well on their way=)

E31DB00E89C65DECC9E04218CB5D8FEEB606FF87

895B65DFAAA8282A531AEA1E8EC40E309AEADB33

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vandeanson said:

Aaalriiight, CBA settings are well on their way=)

Feel free Vandeanson , to use also our BI Forum Ravage Club for progress and announcements !

Thanks !

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Aaalriiight, CBA settings for Eden editor are well on their way=)

Very cool.  But why the VDA prefix instead of VD?????  No way we're gonna forget man...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Very cool.  But why the VDA prefix instead of VD?????  No way we're gonna forget man...

haha, a pittyfull attempt i know:))

in planned to check in with you actually - is it still ok for you if your scripts are part of the steam updload? credit will be given of course;)

also, do you happen to have a summary page with all your scripting work? i tried to find one, but couldnt find it:)

cheers

vd

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

in planned to check in with you actually - is it still ok for you if your scripts are part of the steam updload? credit will be given of course;)

Of course.  And thanks for the credit.

8 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

also, do you happen to have a summary page with all your scripting work? i tried to find one, but couldnt find it:)

No I don't.  I should make one, since I have more links than fit on my signature line.  If I make one, I'll let you know.

• Haha 1

progressing with the addon version.

i am improving or cleaning up some existing features for this release and i have one new issue that i need to check. 

right now, all settings from vd_settings have been implemented as a CBA ingame setting, where you open up your mission in editor and go to settings -> addon settings (something like that) an you can adjust a looooot of settings of the scripts to your liking.

i am sure, it will be worth the wait:)

cheers vd

• Like 3

fyi, I have 1 last issue to solve - apparently i never included the patrol and guard dogs, the IEDs and the dog handlers into the deletion bit of my despawning code, it is a bit nasty due to some namespace issues with local variables. also, the dogs and handlers need to be first killed and then deleted  in the right order, to allow a dog command looper to exit properly and not cause an error message. that seems to be the last issue i have noticed in the testing (touching wood). bug fixing for a mod takes quite a bit more time as you have to change code, pbo it, add the local mod to the steamlauncher, restart the game, the mission.... i must have done this about 200 times!

needless to say that i had to put away the game about 5 times out of frustration XD.

but we get there, and man.. i cant wait to have that thing final and operational! i want a good quality night of setting up a mission framework with ravage together wit my mod and just play the shit out of it for once:)

cheers

vd

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1