On 9.11.2018 at 4:19 AM, lv1234 said:

Dynamic TCs seems to be buggy. In SP, the traders spawn with uniforms like normal without any errors while in MP, it is the exact opposite where they fail to spawn with uniform and it gives me errors relating to this line:

"VD_TC_Equipper = {
  removeUniform _x;
  _x forceAddUniform selectRandom VD_EquipmentUniforms;
  _x addVest selectRandom VD_EquipmentVests;"

should now be fixed in v2.21 as per OP or in the "beta"v 2.3 in the comments

I like very much the new features!!! I am testing them continously!

Thanks for sharing these scripts!!! :)

• Thanks 1

Just now, lv1234 said:

Are there plans to add dynamic boat spawning?

haha, yeah indeed, this is the next small feature i ll add. dynamic boat heli and plane spawner options:) including respawn if vehicle is destroyed

• Like 2

Alright - new "beta-ish" v2.31 includes IEDs, Patrol and/or Guard Dogs  in Hideouts and Bandit Camps

also new are boat spawners, heli spawners and plane spawners.

Boats come with a "push" addaction to push the boat back into water if stranded.

boats, planes and helis spawn with random amount of damage and fuel and will respawn 500 seconds after being destroyed at a new random location or a new marker location

the plane spawner requires you to place markers, see VD_Settings.sqf for the marker names.

if a plane is spawned at a marker, this marker gets temporarily removed from the marker array until the plane is destroyed.

you can enter the classnames of the boats/planes/helis you want to spawn into the respective arrays under VD_Settings.sqf.

here you can also set the number of spawns per site.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qk-KgKuiiy5BHtm9Sv-KClqV8JtkjQMI

let me know if everything works for you - will do more tests and then release properly=)

Thanks for testing =D

here some pics 

https://imgur.com/a/PV0bi6K

cheers

vd

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This sure is progressing fast.  I love the variation in the camps.  Since you are adding boats, here's two more JBOY scripts to consider:

• JBOY Longboats - converts static long Tanoan boats into drive-able boats (and can also have static weapons mounted on them).  I like them because they have a much more insurgent or survival feel to them.
  • JBOY Boat Random Patrol - Use if you want patrolling boats or ambient moving boats.  For your purposes it would probably need to be edited to despawn when player too far away.  These boats can cruise for hours without getting stuck.

This isn't a boat...but what survivor doesn't like the comfort of sleeping next to a highly flammable barrel of fuel?

• JBOY Burning/Exploding Barrels - Great chain reaction happens if there are multiple barrels clustered together.  Near units catch on fire and run screaming.  A truck loaded with barrels is really fun to light up...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Johnny, thanks;)

Love the longboats script, those boats fit the Apocalypse scenario and island location quite nicely!

i ll try to place explosive barrels occasionally in camps so players can use this to their advantage, i like that idea - and explosive red barrels sort of belong into any shooter right!!?

with regards to the boat patrols, awesome that you have tackled the waypoint issue (boats getting stuck) this would have caused quite some work for me, happy to take over this script;)

your scripts Rock!

cheers vd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

next up:

smaller effort updates:

- "fake" underground Locations like seewers, bunkers, ancient underground structures

- burried treasure in the woods (simple dirthumps with an addaction to dig up random treasure)

- claim BC for yourself and disable respawn for that camp (more features in the future)

- improvised graves of  unlucky survivors in the wilderness, collect proof of their identity and return this to relatives ro receive a reward (preferably connected to the sanctuary but for now the reward will be instant)

medium effort stuff:

- radar sites that cover a part of the map. if operational, radar sites will pick up your signal if you are flying in an aircarft and will send AA units, AA vehicles or aircraft to intercept you.

- avoid this by flying low on the ground or by taking out the radar stations

-> imagine this in a mission scenario where remaining military forces or well organized and equipped survivor groups/factions control large parts of the area

- roadside IEDs (using @phronk s script that will cause an explosion (d'oh) and trigger a bandit attack/ambush if triggered

bigger effort stuff:

- sanctuary (see op)

- random tasks: will not be a story line, i leave that up to the mission makers, but just stuff to do for players to earn gear money or so

yet unknown effort:

- working/planning with @LarsAspra on a dynamic spawn system for two 3rd party mods/scripts -> i am quite excited about that one;)

• Like 2

Is that all? Don't be so lazy dude.  Show some initiative!  :respekt:  Don't forget to sleep bruder! :icon_biggrin:

Spoiler

I'd spice up improvised graves with a foot or hand sticking out occasionally...

• Haha 1

Just now, johnnyboy said:

Is that all? Don't be so lazy dude.  Show some initiative!  :respekt:  Don't forget to sleep bruder! :icon_biggrin:

Hide contents

I'd spice up improvised graves with a foot or hand sticking out occasionally...

haha well that is the problem right?! too much need for sleep, to little time to make letters & numbers do fun stuff in arma!

• Like 1

Since you don't have enough to do...another suggestion is to place small physics enabled objects on some of the perimeter objects (walls, vehicle wrecks,) and tables.  These would be canteens, food boxes, pumpkins, cans, etc.  And use setMass to reduce their mass.  When hit by a stray bullet, the objects fall over or fly (and the reduced mass makes them move further when hit).  This makes firefights more kinetic and exciting.  And pumpkins explode nicely.   I like to place these near stationary AI units or near cover the player is likely to use, to increase the chance of the objects getting hit in a fight.

I also fortified the roofs of some tin shacks in my Property of Mabunga mission, and placed units on top.  These might be another good camp variation for you.  You can see this fortified shack roof in these two script videos:

The shack has a ladder attached, so roof is accessible to player also.

OK, I promise to stop bothering you man!  And you won't hurt my feelings if you don't use any of this stuff.  Just throwing out ideas.

BTW, When a satchel is placed in that fortified shack and exploded, all the roof stuff flies, and looks awesome.

• Like 2

Just a showcase of an underground ruin - gotta try and make this script based only=)

• Like 4

Since you don't have enough to do...another suggestion is to place small physics enabled objects on some of the perimeter objects (walls, vehicle wrecks,) and tables.  These would be canteens, food boxes, pumpkins, cans, etc.  And use setMass to reduce their mass.  When hit by a stray bullet, the objects fall over or fly (and the reduced mass makes them move further when hit).  This makes firefights more kinetic and exciting.  And pumpkins explode nicely.   I like to place these near stationary AI units or near cover the player is likely to use, to increase the chance of the objects getting hit in a fight.

I also fortified the roofs of some tin shacks in my Property of Mabunga mission, and placed units on top.  These might be another good camp variation for you.  You can see this fortified shack roof in these two script videos:

The shack has a ladder attached, so roof is accessible to player also.

OK, I promise to stop bothering you man!  And you won't hurt my feelings if you don't use any of this stuff.  Just throwing out ideas.

BTW, When a satchel is placed in that fortified shack and exploded, all the roof stuff flies, and looks awesome.

haha niiice - keep the ideas coming man, i ll apply as much as i can if i feel like it fits the script pack - else its still nice to share ideas isnt it;)

• Like 1

The Ancient Ruins is brilliant man.  I'm working on a big Voodoo King minion rally scene, with torches etc., kind of fits with this.  Consider using the bamboo pole for the torches, as they are more primitive looking.   Moving stone walls is a great idea.  Might have to borrow it. :)

• Like 1

The Ancient Ruins is brilliant man.  I'm working on a big Voodoo King minion rally scene, with torches etc., kind of fits with this.  Consider using the bamboo pole for the torches, as they are more primitive looking.   Moving stone walls is a great idea.  Might have to borrow it. :)

yeah good idea! will add it=)

here is the sample mission and all code - all very rough cut but the features are all in

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nQFyo_ZG3jB6SeVrqHwBwafWPWqE5A70

another idea - walls that move together;) indiana jones style!

• Like 1

Just now, Vandeanson said:

Just a showcase of an underground ruin - gotta try and make this script based only=)

Brilliant!
How will the ruins handle sunlight during the day? Since the entry and exit is scripted, I think it's possible to set them up in a way to be dark inside even during the day (SetApertureNew command comes to mind).

• Like 1

So for the newest version of your scripts, I only want the boat spawning, can I just copy the boat spawner script?

you need the boatspawn sqf, settings.sqf and functions. sqf

under functions its the first code PushBoat   = {..}; that you need and im settings just the respective variables and the boat array under section 2. you could also extract that info if you do not want to use everything

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

small physics enabled objects

i really like the idea, but i fear the FPS impact this might have, whats your experience in that respect?

• Like 1

I added the files and had a bunch of bugs pop up

-Tons of horses keep spawning infinitely

-Getting errors related to pistols and weapons

Mod list is the same as before

so first off, both are not related to the boatspawner.

i take that you also use the horse spawner and some of he site spawners?

the error regarding pistols and weapons is likely because the VD_Array.sqf is missing.

or, because it has taken too much time to initialize due to size/amount of mods and when the spawners started, the arrays where not ready.

this should no longer happen in v 2.21 or later versions as i have changed the initialisation order, see my recent posts in this thread. so if you use an older version of vd init, vd settings, vd functions and vd arrays, you need to manually change that.

ps: i will check the latest version again once home to see if there is an error or oversight

@lv1234

with regards to the horsespawner issue.

the only way that i can imagine, that makes the horses spawn that quickly, is that the sleep before the script is looped is wrong or not defined. that means that the script tries to wait about 2000 seconds as defined in vd settings.

if the vd settings file is not complete, and the respective global variable that stands for the respawn delay is deleted or set to 0, the script will not wait but instantly spawn the next horse.

if you send your mission file i can have a look too.

cheers vd

3 hours ago, Malcain said:

Brilliant!
How will the ruins handle sunlight during the day? Since the entry and exit is scripted, I think it's possible to set them up in a way to be dark inside even during the day (SetApertureNew command comes to mind).

thanks for that input, i had no solution for that in MP, now i might have a lead:)

i also tried to disable the ambience sound, but that did not work yet.

of i manage to, i ll add sound of moving stone when pushing the doors aside and ambient underground/cave sound loops.

i am spawning in two structures via object grabber and mapper at two markers.

for my scripts it is important to me that the mission creators have to place as little as possible in their editor, maximum a marker;)

the challenge on island maps is, where to place the "fake underground" structure so its is not in the way/players cant see it. there is a lack of floors in the vanilla assets of arma so placing it far out in the sea might be thought, i have howerver a couple of structures that i ll try to use as floor for such scenarios. on maps like chernarus its less of a problem, we can just spawn it on empty map far out and use map floor as ground (less Chance of odd Clipping for the player).

the mapper does not perfectly place the structures due to clipping, but it works. bunker like structures, where i can use existing buildings, will be better in that respect.

the second structure is the entry, that the mission maker needs to place a marker for at the desired location.

19 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

i really like the idea, but i fear the FPS impact this might have, whats your experience in that respect?

OK for me, but I'm strictly SP these days.  You can also disable simulation on the objects until player near.

OK for me, but I'm strictly SP these days.  You can also disable simulation on the objects until player near.

true that, thinking about it, the objects would be picked up by the scripts dyn. sim. system.

will play around with it, the structures of the camps have damage disabled, so adding such objects this will make firefights feel more alive!

• Like 2