1 hour ago, Chuc said:

i noticed this in the setting sqf at the bottom

/*dont change*/
if (DynSimDistManual) then {"Group" setDynamicSimulationDistance DynSimDistManualRange;};

if (!DynSimDistManual) then {while {true} do {
        if (cameraView isEqualTo "GUNNER") then {
                "Group" setDynamicSimulationDistance (viewDistance - (viewDi

Is it suppose to just end like that or is it missing something

ah damn, i cant even copy paste properly...XD

no this is wrong idd! will update tomomorrow.

then please keep the version from the DL, just change the booleans from true to false under section 3 of VD_Settings.sqf, thanks chuc!

30 minutes ago, MisterOth said:

Thank you, I can see the crate

But now I can drag it, but not drop it. It stick with the player, I can run with it.

ok that is odd, sometime if you drag ot inside you can not see the addactions, you need to go back outside, but if its stuck on you tham the "drop" addaction did not excecute properly, does that happen every time?

1 hour ago, jandrews said:

So here is his AI spawner. Not the hunter spawn but AI at camps. As you can see they are to defend the area. I did not see any other AI spawner in his functions. Id say its probably one or more of the mods you use. Mods can break this game. he also allows you to edit some in the VD_settings. Do you use VCOMAI or any AI mods? I'd go vanilla and retest.

yep this is likely the code that makes em wander off, however why, is not clear to me, maybe it is because of vanilla AI being stupid or because of a Mod interfering. could not test yet but will do asap.

5 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with patrol distance, since this behavior doesn't occur to all bandit camps. I also forgot to add that this issue also occurred to the older implementation of bandit camps

yep but the bis fnc was in the older scripts too btw, just fyi. will test asap

Has anyone tried feral dogs on a dedicated server?
I tried several different variations and so far I can confirm that dog pathways are broken for a dedicated. Dogs will run straight in the direction they face, forever and won't chase the player(AI too afaik).
This is an issue within JBOY_dog script itself, not within Vandeanson spawn script, spawns are fine so far.

I have tried it without 3rd party mods, but if some1 got it working on dedicated, please let me know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jandrews said:

So here is his AI spawner. Not the hunter spawn but AI at camps. As you can see they are to defend the area. I did not see any other AI spawner in his functions. Id say its probably one or more of the mods you use. Mods can break this game. he also allows you to edit some in the VD_settings. Do you use VCOMAI or any AI mods? I'd go vanilla and retest.

If you classify an ai walking 3+km away from the base and never returning to patrol the area close to the base "defending" then I guess you are right

In all seriousness, lets wait and see if VD can replicate the problem.

Update on the bandit camp testing:

Oddly enough, during my MP and SP testing of the bandit camp script, I realize something weird. For both testing, I see that the bandit camps do appear in great amounts on the zeus map but shortly disappear on the map. However, I can still search and see all the bandit camps that disappeared off the map. And upon closer inspection, they look all "frozen in place". This goes same for the campsite and helicrash spawn scripts.

Is this intended?

so the zeus icons are gone?

the freezing is intended, Structures and AI freeze (dynamicsimulation) to save FPS, they freeze until the player comes inzo view distance (according to arma settings)

7 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

ok that is odd, sometime if you drag ot inside you can not see the addactions, you need to go back outside, but if its stuck on you tham the "drop" addaction did not excecute properly, does that happen every time?

Yes unfortunatelly. It is the same for the lootboxe for EDN. No way to drop it.

Also can't load it to a vehicule.

Thank you and I hope you will find a fixe too :)

Edit: I loaded the crate into the vehicule. But it loaded me too with it xD.

- Do you think low FPS can impact the drop script ?

- Can you tell me what is LIB mod ? I don't find this on google.

@MisterOth

Its fixed, some reference was wrong =)

low FPS could affect how responsive the holdaction is in my experience. v2.2 should fix the issue tho.

Sorry, LIB mode is IFA3 - when i wrote it i simply had forgotten about the name and used what IFA3 puts into their classnames, so "LIB" =D i will make a note!

2 hours ago, MisterOth said:

Edit: I loaded the crate into the vehicule. But it loaded me too with it xD.

HAHA, sorry ;)

working on v2.2 fixes right now and will publish in a bit. 

cheers

vd

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Malcain said:

Has anyone tried feral dogs on a dedicated server?
I tried several different variations and so far I can confirm that dog pathways are broken for a dedicated. Dogs will run straight in the direction they face, forever and won't chase the player(AI too afaik).
This is an issue within JBOY_dog script itself, not within Vandeanson spawn script, spawns are fine so far.

I have tried it without 3rd party mods, but if some1 got it working on dedicated, please let me know.

Yeah the script is indeed not MP compatible, Johnnyboy has also stated that he will not provide a MP version but is open if someone wants to take that on=)

I should make a note that this feature wont work in MP, thank you!

I just want to point out that "VD_HO_Spawner.sqf" state that is Helicrashsite instead of Hiddeout in its description.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, lv1234 said:

If you classify an ai walking 3+km away from the base and never returning to patrol the area close to the base "defending" then I guess you are right

In all seriousness, lets wait and see if VD can replicate the problem.

I was also thinking ravage may be the issue.  This a zombie mod and the units sides "east" may be the same thus pulling those "east" units in to its loop.  I'd still test this in vanilla mode before posting issues.  

OP updated with v2.2 download link:

Direct download link of the Dynamic Spawn Script collections: (Version 2.2 - 06.11.2018)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17swe2sIX01g5KnUMFhbNRcidfDvQQ4IM

tutorial and showcase video: (uploading and will follow in about 1h)

updates:

- lootbox and material box drag/drop/loadin/loadout addactions fixed

- options added for random player equipper (disable or enable at start, disable or enable at respawn)

- Tradercamp: automated placement version added, no marker needed for that

- Tradercamp: option added to choose between random placement or marker based placement

- Banditcamps: reduced distance between patrol waypoints to 1 (from 5 meters). other than that, AI running away seems to be a Arma 3 Bug or a BIS Function bug and I can only fix that by removing the paroling and task defend tasks of AI, what i don't want to do - feel free to amend this if you want tho.

In the VD_BC_Spawner.sqf find the following lines and comment out the respective code:

Spoiler

_bandits1 = createGroup east;
_bandits2 = createGroup east;
_bandits3 = createGroup east;
_bandits4 = createGroup east;

{if (3 >= (random 10)) then {"B_G_Survivor_F" createUnit [([getPosATL _VD_BC_Fireplace, 5, 15, 0, 0, 100, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos), _x, "", 1, "private"];};"B_G_Survivor_F" createUnit [([getPosATL _VD_BC_Fireplace, 2, 15, 0, 0, 100, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos), _x, "", 1, "private"];} foreach [_bandits1, _bandits2,_bandits3,_bandits4];

{[_x] call VD_equipper;}forEach units _bandits1;
{[_x] call VD_equipper;}forEach units _bandits2;
{[_x] call VD_equipper;}forEach units _bandits3;
{[_x] call VD_equipper;}forEach units _bandits4;
/*
{[_x,getpos _VD_BC_Fireplace,1] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;}foreach [_bandits1, _bandits2];
{[_x, getPos _VD_BC_Fireplace] call BIS_fnc_taskDefend;}foreach [_bandits3, _bandits4];
*/
_bandits1 enableDynamicSimulation true;
_bandits2 enableDynamicSimulation true;
_bandits3 enableDynamicSimulation true;
_bandits4 enableDynamicSimulation true;

Thanks again for all the feedback and keep bringing up and issues you see and let me know about any ideas you have that I could add.

cheers

vd

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Tutorial and showcase video is currently being uploaded here;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

so the zeus icons are gone?

the freezing is intended, Structures and AI freeze (dynamicsimulation) to save FPS, they freeze until the player comes inzo view distance (according to arma settings)

Yep the icons disappear when the bandits freeze including their structures

Wow man, this has really grown.  Impressive.   Suggestion:  Why not include JBOY chickens at Bandit camps?  Bandits gotta eat right?  Thanks to @Persian MO the chicken script is MP compatible.  They add a little life/immersion, and can also can act as alarms (i.e., chickens fly whenever ai or player gets too close to them, and you hear the flutter noise).  And JBOY dog packs attack chickens (I think anyway...I may need to verify that). 

Other ideas for immersion is fish, rabbits, chickens cooking on campfires, and patrol chatter.  AI using outhouses (moveTo, open door, play some passenger sit animation and attachTo).

This is all probably a low priority for you, so no problem if you don't get to it.

Great job on all this dude!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

Tutorial and showcase video is currently being uploaded here;)

Very nice VD and congratulations !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

meeh... the yt vid is without the voice audio XD

NOT MAD AT ALL#@€

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Wow man, this has really grown.  Impressive.   Suggestion:  Why not include JBOY chickens at Bandit camps?  Bandits gotta eat right?  Thanks to @Persian MO the chicken script is MP compatible.  They add a little life/immersion, and can also can act as alarms (i.e., chickens fly whenever ai or player gets too close to them, and you hear the flutter noise).  And JBOY dog packs attack chickens (I think anyway...I may need to verify that). 

Other ideas for immersion is fish, rabbits, chickens cooking on campfires, and patrol chatter.  AI using outhouses (moveTo, open door, play some passenger sit animation and attachTo).

This is all probably a low priority for you, so no problem if you don't get to it.

Great job on all this dude!

Thanks man:)

i like the idea. if you watch the camp from distance through your binoculars, assessing your attack plan, it would be nice if the camp seems alive! 

generally speaking my first priority was to have a proper basic of the site spawner functions working, i think i ve got that with version 2.2 now. next, apart from adding new features, finetuning the existing sites to add immersion AND to add subfeatures that make the sites interessting is indeed a priority.

so this is very welcome and thanks for offering your script:)

the other part is about adding features or challenges to your mission that go beyond killing AI, e.g. IEDs you would have to clear around the camps before you can approach it, or notes to find at the camps or hideouts, with mapmarkers that provide location of interests.

or a feature that allows you to claim a bandit camp for yourself so you can use the structures for yourself.

i also thought about sort of contracts you can find as a vehicle for obtaining tasks, basically a background story to a task system. a guy hands out contracts that provides a task and the guy does not care who gets  the job done. if the AI  holding the contract is  killed or you find and steal his contract from his camp and you complete the task instead and hand in proof of this, you will receive the reward.

stuff like that;)

• Like 1

All great ideas man.  You will be busy for many moons!

• Haha 1

yuuup - so much to do, so little time:)

6 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

the other part is about adding features or challenges to your mission that go beyond killing AI

And that's where pvp variability comes into the space.
I imagine control the territory by factions as one of the features.
P.s. At this point, most people will imagine pvp-deathmatch due to the amount of "pvp-only" oriented mods out there. No, I'm not talking about that.

OP updated with the name of all weapon and equipment arrays generated based on your active mods + your settings in VD_Settings.sqf via VD_Arrays.sqf.

the settings are:

- filter out mod specific items per item type below

- blacklist specific classnames per item type

- add additional classnames per item type

- overwrite an item type array with classnames, ignoring active mods and above settings

///////

VD_Arrays.sqf: (do not touch!)

- puts together arrays based on your active mods and VD_Setttings.sqf

- arrays may be used for your own scripts.

the arrays (item types) are:

Weapons:

VD_WeaponArrayRifles

VD_WeaponArrayPistolsAI (use for AI equipper/loadouts)

VD_WeaponArrayPistols (may include Max Melee weapons if mod is active, hence used for loottables and player equipper)

VD_WeaponArrayLaunchers

VD_WeaponArrayAll (all weapons)

Equipment:

VD_EquipmentUniforms

VD_EquipmentHeadgears

VD_EquipmentVests

VD_EquipmentGoggles

VD_EquipmentBackpacks

Weapon Attachments:

VD_EquipmentMuzzles
VD_EquipmentOptics
VD_EquipmentBipods

VD_EquipmentFlashlights (not automated, only contains vanilla Flashlights for pistol, smg and rifle)

//

feel free to use this for your own loadout or lootbox spawners.

any questions, please let me know, not sure if i am explaining it clearly:)

• Thanks 1

I feel like the ai (hunters, scavengers, and bandits at the bandit camp) has too much ammo on them, can you reduce the amount of ammo they have on them?