On 10/5/2018 at 1:30 AM, Vandeanson said:

there is one error left when placing stuff, but that is part of the final version of edn fortification, not sure if i can fix that.

how did you fix the errors you got?

They go away if you got the proper blueprints for it

Silly idea no.827....Dynamically spawned beehives!...Gather honey from beehives as a potential food source to regenerate Nutrition or the healing powers of honey could help regenerate Health.

...disclaimer, just an idea, I'm no scripter. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EO said:

Silly idea no.827....Dynamically spawned beehives!...Gather honey from beehives as a potential food source to regenerate Nutrition or the healing powers of honey could help regenerate Health.

...disclaimer, just an idea, I'm no scripter. 

very nice idea, i like it (you had me at "dynamically")

what is the background story here? did you make that?

i like everything that adds something to do to a sandbox survival mission.

the honey could also be traded for money, or given to a crafter that would craft healing items out of it.

on my to do list is a task system for ravage that includes a lot of different things to do, one idea was actually similar, some npc orders you to go and find/collect berries in the woods (obviously swarmed by zombies and jbdogs feral dog packs;) for him to craft healing stuff or medicine:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

what is the background story here? did you make that?

It's just a dirty mock-up to show the idea in game, I placed the crates as the beehive, the bees were spawned in by the Arma 3 Animals Module - Extended, then I added a bee swarm sound effect via CfgSFX, activated by a trigger. :f: 

• Like 2

PLZ do it, VD!

We NEED beehives & honey & herbalists who send us on hunter-gatherer missions! And if you do proper scripts that would be really really cool!

I'm sooo hyped since I managed to slap together a few scripts which were intended for s.t. else originally but now serve as a way to allow me milking goats and harvesting apples and do some fishing.  But it's just something I can do while roaming around on the map, no quests like you might get done. 

Go for it!

• Like 3

had some successes yday, i am pretty sure coop is working now for all scripts (change from mp to sp in settings) so the pack can be used for sp and mp.

the arrays are now all automated, just need to get the ones for the glasses gearslot and gunflashligts working.

sites with autoplacement seem to get placed correctly now (no weird leftover spawns j. a debug zone in the middle of the map).

i have a working minimum distance check for all sites and noticed that i made a thinking error in the location finder, tuning it now so e.g. BCs do not spawn: near each other, roads, houses, not outside the map.

SW spawner is fixed, specially for marker placed version. heli crashsites are in, small hideouts (two tents in the woods) are in.

both have a Chance to have AI there or to spawn in AI that start to hunt you once you loot the sites.

No rest spawner updated to work everywhere.

general AI spawn function that can be used and ai spawner connected with a function that makes AI hunt players down (until you get far enough away to escape).

TC is fixed, attachment trader works again.

I have deleted the Guard AI though and the traders are armed now.

Spawner added for Max melee weapons, spawner added for DBO horses mod (so awesome.....).

player and AI equipper functions opdated to no longer produce errors. equipment or weapons that cause the "scope" related error (do not have a picture) are filtered out.

BC camp object and tent placement fixed so they do no longer glitch.

animal spawner updated to spawn in animals a little more realisticly spread.

jbdogs feral dog spawner added.

task system and task npc spawner added (but with very little tasks yet).

release tbd as i want to do some more testing.

once everything works properly, i might also invest some more time in looks and loot finetuning...

cheers vd

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

had some successes yday, i am pretty sure coop is working now for all scripts (change from mp to sp in settings) so the pack can be used for sp and mp.

the arrays are now all automated, just need to get the ones for the glasses gearslot and gunflashligts working.

sites with autoplacement seem to get placed correctly now (no weird leftover spawns j. a debug zone in the middle of the map).

i have a working minimum distance check for all sites and noticed that i made a thinking error in the location finder, tuning it now so e.g. BCs do not spawn: near each other, roads, houses, not outside the map.

SW spawner is fixed, specially for marker placed version. heli crashsites are in, small hideouts (two tents in the woods) are in.

both have a Chance to have AI there or to spawn in AI that start to hunt you once you loot the sites.

No rest spawner updated to work everywhere.

general AI spawn function that can be used and ai spawner connected with a function that makes AI hunt players down (until you get far enough away to escape).

TC is fixed, attachment trader works again.

I have deleted the Guard AI though and the traders are armed now.

Spawner added for Max melee weapons, spawner added for DBO horses mod (so awesome.....).

player and AI equipper functions opdated to no longer produce errors. equipment or weapons that cause the "scope" related error (do not have a picture) are filtered out.

BC camp object and tent placement fixed so they do no longer glitch.

animal spawner updated to spawn in animals a little more realisticly spread.

jbdogs feral dog spawner added.

task system and task npc spawner added (but with very little tasks yet).

release tbd as i want to do some more testing.

once everything works properly, i might also invest some more time in looks and loot finetuning...

cheers vd

Looking forward to the awesome scripts! Question for the TC though, will the ai traders have unlimited ammo on their weapons?

45 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

Looking forward to the awesome scripts! Question for the TC though, will the ai traders have unlimited ammo on their weapons?

now it is:

_this addeventhandler ["fired", {(_this select 0) setAmmo [currentWeapon (_this select 0), 1000]}];

executed on all AI - it works, maybe not the perfect solution but who cares=) (open for suggestions tho).

EDIT, i guess its not too good as the ai would not have to reload at all (magazine loaded into the gun stays at max cap). will see if i find a better way. Hand placed AI seem to have this function in already. gotta do some tests with script placed units =)

Edited by Vandeanson

at second look it seems to me that AI gets new magazines by default - also the ones i spawn in=) can someone confirm that arma has this feature?

38 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

maybe not the perfect solution but who cares=) (open for suggestions tho).

hi, was looking for this awhile ago (infinite mags rather than infinite bullets), i'm trying to find the script, i think its this one from the armaholic forums:

this addEventHandler [ "Fired", { _mag = _this select 5; _unit = _this select 0; if ({_x isEqualTo _mag} count magazines _unit < 2) then { _unit addMagazines [_mag, 3]; }; } ];

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

hi, was looking for this awhile ago (infinite mags rather than infinite bullets), i'm trying to find the script, i think its this one from the armaholic forums:

thanks a lot, will add it to the library:)

i did some testing and it really seems to me that AI just keep getting ammo tho (i have no such code active tho).. not sure if this was built in meanwhile

7 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

it really seems to me that AI just keep getting ammo tho

hmm, i was sure i've had AI units in my squad run out but never noticed about non player group AI's... interesting

2 hours ago, lordfrith said:

hmm, i was sure i've had AI units in my squad run out but never noticed about non player group AI's... interesting

yep i know what you mean, i recall having to send units to loot for gear from dead AI in the official campaign too. probably this works for non player related ai only indeed. so its still bery usefull to have your code for AI compagnions;)

uuuh i was wondering about options to fix the magazine requirememt for max melee weapons (its mag with 1000 "shots") but with one of the scripts above i should be able to keep the loaded "mag" at full capacity. just need to refer to the Secondary Weapon instead of both or the current weapon i guess... aaah im excited:))

that should do it for melee weapons:

player addeventhandler ["fired", {(_this select 0) setAmmo [secondaryWeapon (_this select 0), 1000]}];

Edit: does not seem to work for me, will have to check further:)

• Like 2

@Vandeanson I feel like the dynamic BC implementation has a little bit of a problem. separate Bandit camps spawn too close to each other. I believe there is an option to change how far they are from each other right?

3 hours ago, lv1234 said:

@Vandeanson I feel like the dynamic BC implementation has a little bit of a problem. separate Bandit camps spawn too close to each other. I believe there is an option to change how far they are from each other right?

yeah i am actually curently breaking my head apart over it, i have a new system that does place a position reference  marker automatically and the next camp will then be spawned some distance e.g. 1500 meters from any such marker away.

i have applied more conditions such as, can not be on a road or near a house. but the distance settings needs finetuning, it seems that if i set the conditions too strict, no camp will spawn.

i have fixed thebissue with tents spawning in top of each other within the camp. but i noticed that on actual Terrain such as tanoa, sometimes no structure spawns, hence the placement needs some rework too XD.

But basically, for each site my script spawns there will be a distance check system in place at next update.

• Like 1

@Vandeanson For the NR script, i know you mentioned how to change it so that the ai can be equipped with the ravage equipment instead of yours. Can you specify how to that? I know you have to replace that specific line you mentioned but not sure to replace it with what

2 hours ago, lv1234 said:

@Vandeanson For the NR script, i know you mentioned how to change it so that the ai can be equipped with the ravage equipment instead of yours. Can you specify how to that? I know you have to replace that specific line you mentioned but not sure to replace it with what

on the ravage wiki you will find a function rvg_fnc_equip. replace my VD_Equipper with that. search for VD_Equipper in the NR spawner sqf so in the end its something like "call rvg_fnc_equip" instead of "call VD_Equipper".

hope that explains it, else just pm me the script part and i wil amend it for you (not on my pc for now)

6 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

on the ravage wiki you will find a function rvg_fnc_equip. replace my VD_Equipper with that. search for VD_Equipper in the NR spawner sqf so in the end its something like "call rvg_fnc_equip" instead of "call VD_Equipper".

hope that explains it, else just pm me the script part and i wil amend it for you (not on my pc for now)

Ok thanks, another question. Is there a good way to test via editor if the NR script is working? I tried waiting in a city with 20 houses or more for 10 minutes or so, no ai came to hunt me down while i was in editor mode

9 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Ok thanks, another question. Is there a good way to test via editor if the NR script is working? I tried waiting in a city with 20 houses or more for 10 minutes or so, no ai came to hunt me down while i was in editor mode

yep i think somewhere here im the thread george floros has posted how to add any object you add to the game to zeus, i test it like that while playing around with the ranges and amounts (meters distance, amount of houses in certain radius...) to see what fits best.

i dont have access to my pc right now hence i can not share myself

@lv1234

ah got it:

To add everything in Zeus , include in your init.sqf the following:

//________________ add to Zeus ________________ [] spawn { while {true} do { if (isServer) then { { _x addCuratorEditableObjects [allUnits,true]; _x addCuratorEditableObjects [vehicles,true]; _x addCuratorEditableObjects [allMissionObjects "All",true]; } forEach allCurators; }; sleep 10; }; };

i reeeaally recommend doing that, it will also show all the stuff spawned by ravage, to also help you with your recent question in the ravage thread (ai spawning)

29 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

@lv1234

ah got it:

To add everything in Zeus , include in your init.sqf the following:

//________________ add to Zeus ________________ [] spawn { while {true} do { if (isServer) then { { _x addCuratorEditableObjects [allUnits,true]; _x addCuratorEditableObjects [vehicles,true]; _x addCuratorEditableObjects [allMissionObjects "All",true]; } forEach allCurators; }; sleep 10; }; };

i reeeaally recommend doing that, it will also show all the stuff spawned by ravage, to also help you with your recent question in the ravage thread (ai spawning)

Never mind, I just tested it out, ais do spawn after 10+ and try to hunt you down...Does this work if you are just hanging around in the forests/woods for 10 minutes also?

1 hour ago, lv1234 said:

Never mind, I just tested it out, ais do spawn after 10+ and try to hunt you down...Does this work if you are just hanging around in the forests/woods for 10 minutes also?

the version you have only works in cities. but i have abandoned this im the latest version.

the latest version will vheck if you are idle ANYWHERE and will have a chamce to randomly spawn an AI event.

hunters are one option, then ai that patrol in the area but do not look for you, and (if in a city) a ai unit that moves from building to building (simulating loot search).

so to your question, you just need to delete the part in the condition checker that checks if houses are nearby(anf stops the script of not).

_VD_NR_Check = {
  sleep 5;

_VD_NR_Playerpos1 = getpos player;
_VD_NR_nearBuildings =  _VD_NR_Playerpos1 nearObjects ["Campfire_burning_F", 30];
 _VD_NR_nearBuildingsCount = count _VD_NR_nearBuildings;

if (_VD_NR_nearBuildingsCount == 0) then {call _VD_NR_Check} else {
sleep 300; 

if (player distance _VD_NR_Playerpos1 < 100) then {call _VD_NR_Spawner} else {call _VD_NR_Check;};

};

};

_VD_NR_Spawner ={
hint "you are slacking arround, AI hunters are coming for you"; sleep 2;
_VD_NR_HuntFnc = {
    if (_VD_NR_bandit1 distance player > 200)

then {
  {deleteVehicle _x}forEach units _VD_NR_bandits;hint "you escaped the AI Hunters!"; sleep 2; call _VD_NR_Check;}

else {

_VD_NR_Playerpos2 = getpos player;
        _VD_NR_wp2 = _VD_NR_bandits addWaypoint [_VD_NR_Playerpos2, 1];
            _VD_NR_wp2 setWaypointType "MOVE";
            _VD_NR_wp2 setWaypointSpeed "FULL";
            _VD_NR_wp2 setWaypointBehaviour "SAFE";
            _VD_NR_wp2 setWaypointFormation "COLUMN";
     hint "The AI Hunters are still following you!"; sleep 2;
      waituntil {
        _VD_NR_bandit1 distance _VD_NR_Playerpos2 < 10 || {!alive _x}foreach units _VD_NR_Bandits;};
        deleteWaypoint [_VD_NR_bandits, 1];
        if ({!alive _x}foreach units _VD_NR_Bandits) then {hint "all AI are dead"; sleep 2; call _VD_NR_Check;} else  {hint "The AI Hunters reached the WP"; sleep 2; call _VD_NR_HuntFnc;};

};};

_VD_NR_AISpawn = [getPosATL player, 150, 250, 0.9, 0, 0.9, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

_VD_NR_bandits = createGroup east;
_VD_NR_bandit1 = _VD_NR_bandits createUnit ["O_G_Survivor_F", _VD_NR_AISpawn, [], 1, "NONE"];
if (100 >= (random 100)) then {_VD_NR_VD_NR_bandit2 = _VD_NR_bandits createUnit ["O_G_Survivor_F", _VD_NR_AISpawn, [], 1, "NONE"];};
if (100 >= (random 100)) then {_VD_NR_bandit3 = _VD_NR_bandits createUnit ["O_G_Survivor_F", _VD_NR_AISpawn, [], 1, "NONE"];};
if (90 >= (random 100)) then {_VD_NR_bandit4 = _VD_NR_bandits createUnit ["O_G_Survivor_F", _VD_NR_AISpawn, [], 1, "NONE"];};
if (50 >= (random 100)) then {_VD_NR_bandit5 = _VD_NR_bandits createUnit ["O_G_Survivor_F", _VD_NR_AISpawn, [], 1, "NONE"];};
if (10 >= (random 100)) then {_VD_NR_bandit6 = _VD_NR_bandits createUnit ["O_G_Survivor_F", _VD_NR_AISpawn, [], 1, "NONE"];};

{[_x] call VD_equipper} foreach units _VD_NR_bandits;

_VD_NR_wp1 = _VD_NR_bandits addWaypoint [_VD_NR_Playerpos1, 0];
    _VD_NR_wp1 setWaypointType "MOVE";
    _VD_NR_wp1 setWaypointSpeed "FULL";
    _VD_NR_wp1 setWaypointBehaviour "SAFE";
    _VD_NR_wp1 setWaypointFormation "COLUMN";

waituntil {
      _VD_NR_bandit1 distance _VD_NR_Playerpos1 < 10 || {!alive _x}foreach units _VD_NR_Bandits;};
    deleteWaypoint [_VD_NR_bandits, 0];

if ({!alive _x}foreach units _VD_NR_Bandits) then {hint "all AI Hunters are dead"; sleep 2;call _VD_NR_Check;} else  {hint "AI Hunters have reached the WP"; sleep 2; call _VD_NR_HuntFnc;};
};

call _VD_NR_Check;

you should be able to use the above, it has no condition that any house are nearby and just checks if the player remained within 100 meters for 300 seconds.

few details:

starting delay: 5secs

condition: player must be within 100 meters during 300 seconds for the ai to spawn.

when the player is 200m away from the hunters when they reach the last known position of th player, ai will be deleted. if you are within 200 meters they will get your current position and hunt you.

the script above includes hints in order for you to test the script, this should of course be deleted.

please play arround with thr ranges and timers and let me know what you find best.

my latest version( i can not get it right now) contains one more check that is checking if you have killed the AI at some point before they reached their waypoint and would stop the script then. maybe tomorrow i can send that version.

with thanks to @Ron79 for his efforts to test the script and give feedback:)