ok then i would indeed increase the max distance to make sure it may reach the coast even when being as far inland as possible. 

alternatively you can put a marker at the coast with a range covering all of the coastal parts and chamge the pos finder for the spawn point to refer to getmarkerpos "markername" instead of player.

uff released to hear that it was a simple typo issue:)

with regards to the freezing, i would try to put have a sleept timer in the init.sqf. spawn vd_arrays.sqf and the tradercamp.sqf immediately, and all the others with some delay.

eg, after the []excexvm of the tradercamp, place sleep 5;

the other [] excecVMs

maybe loading all the scripts immediately is too much for the game

arrays and tradercamp need to spawn immediately, the ravage traders in my TC script can only load properly right at the start, i dont know the reason tho. and ofc arrays needs to come first as it is the basis for the other script:)

• Like 1

Just tried out the bandit script and it works wonderfully! I like the big campfire smoke from the campsites, it's a great addition!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

with regards to the freezing, i would try to put have a sleept timer in the init.sqf. spawn vd_arrays.sqf and the tradercamp.sqf immediately, and all the others with some delay.

eg, after the []excexvm of the tradercamp, place sleep 5;

the other [] excecVMs

maybe loading all the scripts immediately is too much for the game

So, it goes like

[] execVM "Tradercamp.sqf;"

Sleep 5;

Right?

Also, what's the difference between execVM and [] execVM?

What is the purpose of the []?

@RZNUNKWN like this for example: 

execVM "VD_Arrays.sqf";
execVM "VD_TCSpawnerV1.sqf";
sleep 5;
execVM "VD_SWSpawnerV2.sqf";
sleep 5;
execVM "VD_BCSpawnerV2_1.sqf";

[] is a placeholder for some stuff you could execute the sqf on i believe, its not needed to my knowledge indeed=)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ContheJon said:

Just tried out the bandit script and it works wonderfully! I like the big campfire smoke from the campsites, it's a great addition!

Nice thanks! yeah, still googeling for less intense smoke thou =)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

@RZNUNKWN like this for example: 

execVM "VD_Arrays.sqf";
execVM "VD_TCSpawnerV1.sqf";
sleep 5;
execVM "VD_SWSpawnerV2.sqf";
sleep 5;
execVM "VD_BCSpawnerV2_1.sqf";

[] is a placeholder for some stuff you could execute the sqf on i believe, its not needed to my knowledge indeed=)

Okay, because my scripts don't have [], just execVM and they work fine. I'm going to try a different map today with your scripts and hopefully my save game will work.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Okay, because my scripts don't have [], just execVM and they work fine. I'm going to try a different map today with your scripts and hopefully my save game will work.

yeah let me know how that develops. and the problem only occurs while my scripts are active?

3 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

yeah let me know how that develops. and the problem only occurs while my scripts are active?

Yeah, just when your scripts are active, though, the old bandit script, the one who deleted everything worked just fine. 

One more thing, I'm playing on Chernarus and the scenario I've been using, well, it's very old like a few weeks and went through numerous changes. Changes just in Eden editor, like placing items, vehicles, Ravage modules tweaking, stuff like that. So can a scenario get corrupted somehow? I'm thinking a clean fresh, build from the scratch scenario, probably Namalsk. Maybe that will fix the problem.

btw all,

i made some real exciting progress yesterday with my adaptation of the edn_fortification base building mod:

- added blueprints for vanilla objects to build

- added system that will spawn in the available blueprint in buildings around the player as a file that can be picked up and "learned" until all blueprints have been added to the construction menue

- added CUP object blueprints

- added Lobby in VD_Arrays where it can be selected, if CUP mod is active (if not, CUP objects will not be available)

- added spawn system for lootboxes containing construction materials

- added drag and drop function and animation to these material boxes

- added function to load and unload boxes into / from any nearby vehicle

To Dos:

- add materials trader

- clean up matbox mover functions (drag, drop, loadinvehicle, unload) from global variable dependencies

- add more vanilla, dlc and CUP blueprints

- add option (users can choose) to make basebuilding only available arround your main main storage box

- add system to trigger events while player is in his base (specific tasks, eg patrol around camp... set up traps...)

- add system to trigger events while player is NOT in base (e.g. occasional raids by bandits that you need to fend off, else storage box content will be "stolen")

cheers vd

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Yeah, just when your scripts are active, though, the old bandit script, the one who deleted everything worked just fine. 

One more thing, I'm playing on Chernarus and the scenario I've been using, well, it's very old like a few weeks and went through numerous changes. Changes just in Eden editor, like placing items, vehicles, Ravage modules tweaking, stuff like that. So can a scenario get corrupted somehow? I'm thinking a clean fresh, build from the scratch scenario, probably Namalsk. Maybe that will fix the problem.

yeah i usually get problems in that respect too, this is why i ended up creating everything via script, eden editor had me start from scratch too many times:)) best would be indeed to set up the mission from scratch. i once had the issue that chernarus redux did not load while the banditcamp spawner as active, will test from my end as well.

with the final version of the scripts posted here, it was never an issue on Tanoa, even with multiple BC spawning sametime. i would howver make sure to spawn the BC and SW scripts with some delay

31 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

yeah i usually get problems in that respect too, this is why i ended up creating everything via script, eden editor had me start from scratch too many times:)) best would be indeed to set up the mission from scratch. i once had the issue that chernarus redux did not load while the banditcamp spawner as active, will test from my end as well.

with the final version of the scripts posted here, it was never an issue on Tanoa, even with multiple BC spawning sametime. i would howver make sure to spawn the BC and SW scripts with some delay

Still freezing the game, I'm about to give up for a while because I'm running out of nerves and just play it without the scripts, then I'm going to reinstall the game and the mods, and then I'm going to give it a go (and that's going to take a while).

ok thanks for the update, i will do some testing asap!

thinking about it, some maps take a while to load itself while the init.sqf is already executed during loading screen, plus ravage plus any script that needs to be executed asap, i think we need to exec all scripts where possible with a bigger delay, meaning 120 seconds + or so. only a few seconds wont help there. just as a thought until i can test:)

Edited by Vandeanson
  • Like 1

Hey there, loving the bandit camp script! One problem I'm having though is I'm running it so that three camps should all be active at the same time and while three camps do indeed spawn they are always spawning in the north west, usually not actually being on the map at all but out into the debug area of the map.

example: three groups of objects in middle of screen near camera icon is the bandit camps
V9oa2ZI.jpg
(please excuse the script error on the screen, thats from another script that I haven't fully set up yet so the occasional script error comes up)

Another thing is that on mission start up these types of errors pop up pretty much every time:
kcz78Ay.jpg

On a smaller note, the bandit camps that spawn with campfires tend to have one or two bandits spawn *on* said campfire and they just stand there until they burn to death. I just fixed this by only allowing the barrel fire but I thought it was worth mentioning anyways so you're aware.

I was also looking through this thread and saw indication that at one point the bandit camps worked similar to the trader camps and could be spawned using markers? I feel like it'd be helpful if that was still an option as an alternative to the completely random spawning.

hola! thanks for the feedback!

yes the topic with the debugg zone is on my list i have forgotten about that. should be a quickfix tho;) i will add a requirement that atleast one object must be within 10 m of the fireplace, that should fix it.

note taken, i will change the spawn pos for bandits.

yeah the automated weapons array includes weapons that cause problems, i will try to filter out base weapons only from the array, but i would recommend setting a custom weapons list. if someone knows about complete classname lists of weapons per mod and for vanilla, please let me know.

i think the one for vanilla and dlc weapons on the bi forum is not complete.

with regards to markers, sure, i can add it as an option!

i have some ideas for a lobby in the VD_Array.sqf, where such things can be selected, will provide an update asap:)

Cup

http://wiki.cup-arma3.org/index.php?title=Arma_3_CfgWeapons_Weapons

well that was easy.. i ll just add weapon arrays per mod manually and add an option to select what mod is active:)

warfare thai ex

https://pastebin.com/RS4MK8kt

rhsus

https://pastebin.com/Z6Pw5T0T

rhsrf

http://pastebin.com/SaYdMMcS

i ll find niarms in the modfolder:)

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply and thank you for doing all this, it has really been quite helpful!

• Thanks 1

@RZNUNKWN If you're playing the game on steam, and really this goes for everyone... But with Steam doing it's daily update scheme because obviously someone messed up, don't uninstall the game, first try to verify the files and if that doesn't work then try to reinstall it, I actually couldn't update any of my scenarios for a good week because Steam just up and decided I no longer owned Arma 3 yet the game was sitting in my Library just fine. I'd also suggest at least keeping documents or other files safely on a USB for a backup. Hope this helps in some way... You could also try changing parameters in options to maybe help. Cheers! :drinking2: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

btw all,

i made some real exciting progress yesterday with my adaptation of the edn_fortification base building mod:

- added blueprints for vanilla objects to build

- added system that will spawn in the available blueprint in buildings around the player as a file that can be picked up and "learned" until all blueprints have been added to the construction menue

- added CUP object blueprints

- added Lobby in VD_Arrays where it can be selected, if CUP mod is active (if not, CUP objects will not be available)

- added spawn system for lootboxes containing construction materials

- added drag and drop function and animation to these material boxes

- added function to load and unload boxes into / from any nearby vehicle

To Dos:

- add materials trader

- clean up matbox mover functions (drag, drop, loadinvehicle, unload) from global variable dependencies

- add more vanilla, dlc and CUP blueprints

- add option (users can choose) to make basebuilding only available arround your main main storage box

- add system to trigger events while player is in his base (specific tasks, eg patrol around camp... set up traps...)

- add system to trigger events while player is NOT in base (e.g. occasional raids by bandits that you need to fend off, else storage box content will be "stolen")

cheers vd

few Updates:

- matboxes have now a drag, drop, load in, load out and a destroy addaction that works with local variables only (which is important for the next bit

- the matboxes are spawned in groups of 3 per script execution, one on a road, one near houses and one only in construction sites.

this is one script and in the "lobby" it can be selected how many of these 3 should spawn somewhere arround the player

- the cleanup will not delete matboxes that where moved

hence materials for your basebuilding can now be found and loaded onto any vehicle and brought "home".

- the blueprint spawner works too

now i just need to add interessting blueprints and basebuilding heeere we come!:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

alright, i ve had a look at the spawner and did some tests with all rvg modules up and running, all script excecuted multiple times (5 bandit camps, 3 shipwrecks, 1 tradercamp, and the basebuilding script) on chernarus redux.

as long as i have applied some delays between each spawner (30secs for the banditcamps), it worked well for me.

i am now adding the options to chose between marker spawning or random position finding.

the shipwreck spawners spawn range is curently too small and will cause issues if not close enough to a coast, adding the option to place marker and some checks for the automated option.

also, i am redoing the weapon and equipment array to manually pre add alll classname and then leave the option to select what addon is currently running.

if i figure out how it works, i ll try to add ingame eden editor modules to do that (select what addons to apply, spawner settings such as markers or auto placement, spawn ranges and so on).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@Vandeanson Since you recently have been testing all the scripts together, seeing if they're all working and such and you DID put delays between each (30 seconds) Should I do the same for my scenarios? I already have a sleep time in place after both the (bandit camp and shipwreck spawners) but it isn't between them. The sleep timer is in place for my temperature script I am using as If I have it set to load up at the beginning of the script then it will show up in the Intro of the scenario. however with no sleep times on your scripts I'm not seeing any issues. Or are you stating with ALL of them being used at the same time I should space them? For example (Shipwreck spawner, bandit camp spawner, and the trader camp and base building script) 

14 minutes ago, MuRaZorWitchKING said:

@Vandeanson Since you recently have been testing all the scripts together, seeing if they're all working and such and you DID put delays between each (30 seconds) Should I do the same for my scenarios? I already have a sleep time in place after both the (bandit camp and shipwreck spawners) but it isn't between them. The sleep timer is in place for my temperature script I am using as If I have it set to load up at the beginning of the script then it will show up in the Intro of the scenario. however with no sleep times on your scripts I'm not seeing any issues. Or are you stating with ALL of them being used at the same time I should space them? For example (Shipwreck spawner, bandit camp spawner, and the trader camp and base building script) 

well i think as there is no need for the bandit camp and the shipwreck to spawn right at start, it could avoid unnecessary problems at the game start and maybe lagspikes. generally, if all works for you, it would not be a problem to start all scripts immediately.

just the arrays and the tradercamp need to spawn in asap. the tradercamp because im using the rvg trader function on 3 of the traders and for some reason this only works when the traders spawn the very first time right at start.

• Like 1

Gotcha, and yeah I constantly think about other players and how not everyone has the same PC also, some people are playing Arma 3 off an HDD rather than an SSD so some of the scripts take a sec to kick in lol Thanks man! 

• Like 1

Hiho all,

A loot of updates!

- new script that adds Basebuilding mod inclusion and functions arround it (find material crates, load them into your car and bring it to your desired base location, blueprints spawn in houses for more structures to build

Install this mod to use this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26963

- new script that sends AI bandits after you if you stay at one place in a city for too long

- all camp spawners fixed and marker spawn option added back in 

- "lobby" added in VD_Arrays.sqf" to help you adjust settings WIP

- weapon arrays revised WIP, currently working with NIARMS and CUP

- AI equipper fixed (magazine adding caused issues)

please test all my scripts and let me know what does work well and more importantly, what does not ;)

Thanks for all your input so far!

PS: The original posts instructions are currently garbage and i will update the instructions as soon as possible. currently just copy together the SQF codes and make sure to have the init.sqf right - ask me if anything doesnt work.

cheers

VD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the scripts.What I would like to see though are bandit patrols outside of villages,not just on foot but vehicles as well..like a heli perhaps?I use VcomAI at the moment and they will steal vehicles but they just sit in them & won't budge unless shot at in which case they'll disembark and engage but the driver will take off to another corner and just idle.I can recall in the beginning Ravage had foot/vehicle patrols everywhere.Now except for the random renegades/traders I see'em only around villages/installations

• Like 1