Vandeanson's Apocalypse - the Mod:
A "plug and play" mod that will spawn various sites and AI, fully randomly placed that will be dynamically de and respawning for ongoing survival action!
NOTE: This is not a MISSION. This is a dynamic site and event spawner, that runs on top of any mission that you start while the mod is active.
It spawns in sites based on player position, terrain and your settings (to change settings, you must edit your mission in Eden Editor - > Settings - > Addon Options).
Never again will it be pointless, dull and boring to run around in armas beautiful forrests, just because all the loot and action is stuck in cities and other remains of civilisation!
My mod will spawn in bandit camps to raid, small survivor hideouts to find and loot in the deepest forest, crashed helicopters that should definitely be searched before other survivors get there, ferocious packs of wild dogs that will jump you in the dark or animals to hunt for survival. Find a tame horse as a compagnion and tie it up next to your homebase while setting up barricades and boobie traps to fend off attacks against your newly claimed home.
Zombies just got deadlier with the infection feature. When getting hit, you might catch a deadly infection that will drain your stamina and lifeforce over time. Stack up on anti virus pills to cure yourself!
You will never rest easy, knowing that your steps may be watched from far and the moment you get too comfortable at a place, bandits pick up your trace and hunt you down!
VANDEANSONS APOCALYPSE (STEAM DOWNLOAD)
1. Subscribe to the mod and activate it and CBA_A3 in the A3 launcher
Whenever you start any mission (self made or from steam) , the mod will start to spawn in sites according to the default settings.
2. to adjust VA settings, open the mission you want to edit, or create a new one in Eden Editor, go to Settings -> Addon Options -> select the "VDA" options to see what you can change (there are a lot of options for customisation)
3. NOTE: the plane spawner requires you to place the following markers by default, else the planes spawn in the debug zone: "VD_PlaneMrkr_1,VD_PlaneMrkr_2,VD_PlaneMrkr_3,VD_PlaneMrkr_4". You may add or remove markers.
4. if you play on maps like chernarus, cover the empty terrain with large area markers and name them. enter the area markers name into the field under "VDA -1- General Settings" to blacklist that area from landsite spawns.
5. similar for shipwrecks and boats (cover inland lakes with additional area markers) so the shipwrecks and boats wont spawn in lakes inland.
6. Place your player and play. (Place the gamemaster module to check if the mod is working as ZEUS)
- random and automatic position finder for all features. No marker placement needed (see INSTALLATION gor exceptions)
- sites de and respawn after a adjustable time and while no player is close
- Bandit Camps
- Tradercamp (custom weapon attachment trader, custom trader for ravage respawn tent backpacks, all ravage traders)
- AI Patrols
- Animal Spawner (Goats & Sheep, can be gutted and eaten with the Ravage mod)
- Spawners for Boats, Planes, Helicopters
- Medical Sites
- Zombie Infection Script for the RAVAGE mod (change the zombie parent if you want this to apply to other zombie mods)
- JBDOG feral dog spawner
- DBO Horses spawner (you need to subscribe to this mod separately, if you wish to use the spawn feature)
- No Rest! spawner (checks if player stays at a place for too long, if so, might spawn AI hunters )
- loot spawns at all sites
- Max Joiners melee weapon mod is automatically included in the loot economy and player equipper. AIs wont spawn with melee weapons however. This requires the max_melee weapons mod. No dependency is created.
- dynamic simulation is enabled for all spawned AI and structures. Simulation is enabled based on your view distance settings minus fog, plus scoped view distance to save FPS
- automated loot arrays based on active mods (e.g. CUP, RHS,... will be integrated into the features)
- option to blacklist items from loot arrays
- option to exclude Arma 3 Vanilla and DLC items from loot table
- option to exclude various mod sub content (e. g. CUP Uniforms, or IFA3 Backpacks...)
- adjustable AI equipper (or option to use Ravage Equipper)
- adjustable player equipper (or option to use Ravage Equipper)
- CBA_A3 Settings to tune features in Editor while making a mission
- possibility to add blacklist area markers for land sites (e.g. Bandit Camps) and coastal sites (e.g. shipwreck and boats)
- adjustable spawn ranges and despawn timers
- MP compatible to my best knowledge, please report any issues
- the default currency is the ravage money, fyi. Without ravage mod active, it will just not spawn without error
- adjust the amount of sites/features that at spawn to your needs or disable specific features if you dont like it
- plane spawner: the only feature that requires you to place markers, check the CBA3 settings for it. 4 markers are pre defined, you may add as many as you want and place such markers at airfields. All placed markers will be a potential spawn position for planes
- This mod creates NO dependency!
I have quite a bunch of ideas for new features and plan to improve and extend the mod going forward, no ETA gor such features however.
- AIscavengers that move from house to house in a city and then return to a hideout z nearby to drop off loot, then go back to scavenging
- AI spawner in case players spend a lot of time at the e same place (e.g. Looting a city)
- chance for AI groups in any feature to be military grade geared, rather than random low quality survivor gear
- some sort of simple basebuilding, crafting and ressource gathering feature
- a mission generator
- optional loot economy (to fill buildings with loot)
- option to include heroes survive
- option to include zombies & demons (e.g. A ambient Z spawner)
- fake underground sites such as bunkers or caves
- not all arrays are automated (automated means, items or structures of active mods are put into category for use in my script)
- automate heli, plane, heliwreck, boat arrays based on active mods
- automate inventory items
Note that this mod requires CBA3.
CUP Terrain Core is also recommended, as some structures from it are used. There is no dependency however.
Ravage has been the inspiration for the mod and this mod is made with Ravage in mind.
There is however no dependency, you can use the mod with our without Ravage.
Thanks to all the great guys on the BI forum for their help and advise.
With special thanks to George Floros GR, Johnnyboy, Mr H., HazJ, Larrow, pierremgi, Haleks, Grumpyoldman, Gunter Severloh, the Ravage folks, all followers of my topic thread and anyone i might have forgotten right now.
HELP TO IMPROVE:
Please subscribe, rate and let me know any issue that might occur, I would appreciate receiving any feedback that helps me improve the mod.