zagor64bz

[REDUX-RELEASE] Ghost Recon: WINTER WILDLANDS REDUX

On 23/4/2018 at 6:10 PM, AZCoder said:

When the event handler is called, you can put in any conditional code inside it. Just rough draft:

Got it working with:

_Safedeck= s02 addEventHandler ["GetOutMan", {   
if (s02 distance deck < 20) then { s02 setPos [26357.365 + random [-10,0,10],17786.236 + random [-10,0,10],22.5];}}];

Version 0.3
- Added Mk17 ammo that was missing in the ammocrate by the tactical area. Thank you @Remy Lebeau
- Now side-mission are random given.Thank you @Larrow and @GEORGE FLOROS GR
-Added invisible walls on the deck of the carrier to avoid retarded AI falling off (thank you @AZCoder)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This may just be me, but I find snakes in the snow to be immersion breaking. They're everywhere! They can be removed, only if you want to of course, this is what I have done in the past:

while { alive player } do
    {
        sleep 2;
        {
            deleteVehicle _x;
        } forEach (player nearEntities [["Snake_random_F"], 90]);
    };

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, AZCoder said:

This may just be me, but I find snakes in the snow to be immersion breaking.

Thrust me bro, I KNOW EXACTLY what you mean. They bother me to as well, but I didn't think you could remove them. GREAT news!!!

I'll definitely include that in the next changelog.

Thank you AZCoder!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Other things I noted: I did not find ammo for the 50 cal rifles (or I'm blind which is possible), had a few script errors around eos and creating vehicles, and should I be allowed to fly planes? When I see a plane, I like to fly it. I can't resist. So I flew one and my FPS dropped from around 60 to under 10. I know I'm probably breaking FAA regulations since I'm not licensed, but just mentioning it. Anyway I had a lot of fun last night. Nobody fell of the ship, was transported around fine, shot a team mate because I'm blind (but he survived).

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AZCoder said:

I did not find ammo for the 50 cal rifles (or I'm blind which is possible)

LOL..you're not blind bro...if you can't find them..probably they're not there! (I'll update it together with the snakes thing ASAP)

had a few script errors around eos and creating vehicles

Sometimes I get those too..but fixing them goes beyond my capabilities. 

and should I be allowed to fly planes? When I see a plane, I like to fly it. I can't resist. So I flew one and my FPS dropped from around 60 to under 10.

telling you the truth I never even consider that someone will fly those jets..I put them there for immersion...so no idea of what is causing the frame drop....

I know I'm probably breaking FAA regulations since I'm not licensed, but just mentioning it.

Not only you're breaking FAA regulations kid, but since when an infantryman, even if it is a Ghost-recon-Special-Whatever-Forces is allowed  to fly a jet off a carrier's deck? DO YOU WANNA SPEND THE REST OF YOUR SERVICE IN A STINKING CELL?:smiley-evil:

Anyway I had a lot of fun last night. Nobody fell of the ship, was transported around fine, shot a team mate because I'm blind (but he survived).

Really glad you did. BTW....Summer version is gonna be out in minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for setting me straight.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

Thanks for setting me straight.

HAHAHAHAHA...you're funny dude!!!

• Like 1

VERSION 0.4 and  SUMMER VERSION IS OUT!!

See OP for details.

• Thanks 2

I'm working on the COOP/MP version of this....but I'm hitting some walls. Mostly due to my lack of knowledge about MP environment. Anyone willing to test what I have so far and help solve some bugs? Pm me and I'll send you the files...

• Like 1

Hey Zagor, just tried this mission and having a blast!  Very impressed with the huge array of options and replayability.  No errors encountered.  Great job.

My GR team loves me, as they are totally willing to be a Meat Shield to protect me:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197967305437/screenshot/913547176850602995

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Hey Zagor, just tried this mission and having a blast!  Very impressed with the huge array of options and replayability.  No errors encountered.  Great job.

My GR team loves me, as they are totally willing to be a Meat Shield to protect me:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197967305437/screenshot/913547176850602995

THANK YOU JB!!!!!

You have no idea how flattered I'm right now. Your opinion is VERY important to me, because since the MABUNGA mission I consider you a extreme talented mission maker. Just the fact that you use vanilla only assets and still be able to make the player feel that there's something special going on is very admirable.

As a matter of facts, I'm working (as we speak) on a VANILLA version, which hopefully will cure some of the low fpm problems most player are having.

Again thank you bud!

ps: For this to be my first "big" mission I'm pretty satisfied, although I realise I have A LOT to learn still..but I'm working on it,...LOL.

ps 2 : That "Meat shield"....hahahahahahha....

...isn't it how you're supposed to use your teammates?:smiley-evil:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

ps: For this to be my first "big" mission I'm pretty satisfied, although I realise I have A LOT to learn still..but I'm working on it,...LOL.

You've definitely learned alot man.  Your mission looks very professional.  The briefing is slick and the "How to play" part is very effective at explaining the many options available to the player.  I have a short attention span (and little time), so if I get stuck in a mission, or I can't figure out how to use a feature or complete the next task, I will just abandon the mission.  So its important to me (and probably others) that "how to play" is very clear...so great job on that!

This is my first winter mission in Arma also, and it was beautiful (cool sunrise in winter when I took down a camp).

I have a feeling this is going to be my new "go to" mission whenever I need some fun unpredictable trigger time.  :)  I will play this in short spurts over time, trying all the different options and locations.

Question:  In the ammo crate on the carrier, which weapon is the shotgun?  I don't recognize the weapon names from that mod.

• Like 2

Yeah this a very good one to play for some quick action and not worry so much where u left off. I also have near 0 attention span so the how to was quite useful and easy to follow. I usually glaze away reading that stuff, but here my brain actually absorbed it all.

• Like 3

On 16/5/2018 at 7:57 PM, johnnyboy said:

I have a feeling this is going to be my new "go to" mission whenever I need some fun unpredictable trigger time.  :)  I will play this in short spurts over time, trying all the different options and locations.

On 16/5/2018 at 9:05 PM, AZCoder said:

Yeah this a very good one to play for some quick action and not worry so much where u left off.

That's exactly what I had in my mind when I envisioned the mission. The player can carefully plan a task like a "real" SF team with many tactical options or just roam around looking for target of opportunity, without thinking too much at any strategy.

The briefing is slick and the "How to play" part is very effective at explaining the many options available to the player.  I have a short attention span (and little time), so if I get stuck in a mission, or I can't figure out how to use a feature or complete the next task, I will just abandon the mission.  So its important to me (and probably others) that "how to play" is very clear...so great job on that!

LOL..I have the same problem....hahahahaha..... and then I just wanted to be sure that after spending so many hours making the mission and adding a bunch of stuff available,  the player knows what's going on. 

Question:  In the ammo crate on the carrier, which weapon is the shotgun?  I don't recognize the weapon names from that mod.

M1014

latest?cb=20171214062822

This is my first winter mission in Arma also, and it was beautiful (cool sunrise in winter when I took down a camp).

Winter Altis  really looks different...another map altogether. Like going to a place that  look familiar, but is new indeed.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

Great! Just figured that you've updated it finally. Thx!

Yap....sorry for the long waiting...RL matters got in the way...Anyway , it's here....and I added some  new little things...hope you enjoy it!

I noticed the performance is a little bit..slow. Are there any script loops or checks constantly running? Or is it maybe the entire map is filled with spawned units that are performing actions? It's indeed playable, but not that much like most scenarios. I own a better middle-end rig (I5 7600K, 16 GB R., Radeon RX480), and as A3 is more a CPU-intensive game, my one shouldn't be an issue, I think. It's been a longer time since I've coded in SQF, and in the meantime a lot of things might have changed. But I'm pretty sure there are some possibilities to optimize things, mainly code and spawn behavior.

3 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

I noticed the performance is a little bit..slow. Are there any script loops or checks constantly running? Or is it maybe the entire map is filled with spawned units that are performing actions? It's indeed playable, but not that much like most scenarios. I own a better middle-end rig (I5 7600K, 16 GB R., Radeon RX480), and as A3 is more a CPU-intensive game, my one shouldn't be an issue, I think. It's been a longer time since I've coded in SQF, and in the meantime a lot of things might have changed. But I'm pretty sure there are some possibilities to optimize things, mainly code and spawn behavior.

I'm aware of the performance issues. This ,been my first BIG mission, could be optimized a lot, I'm sure. I try to give it my best shot, based on my barely sufficient knowledge on scripts and  mission making. Thrust me, making all work together wasn't an easy trip, and I wish I had someone with more "know how" on script optimization helping me out, but I did not. There're MANY scripts working together in this mission, and I'm sure they can be smoothed out... so if there's ANYONE that is so kin to take a peak inside the pbo and optimize it, I'll be trilled.

I could have a look, if you want. I'm for sure not an expert, but I might find something.

3 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

I could have a look, if you want. I'm for sure not an expert, but I might find something.

Please, feel free to do so! just un-pbo the mission file and be my guest!I'll be glad to learn new things...

2 hours ago, Godis_1 said:

I will on this weekend. Had a lot of work to do.

:icon_dj:

Well.. that's a whole bunch of things to do there and requires some more time I'd have thought at first. It might be better to chat somewhere else, like hangouts or somethine like that.