zagor64bz

[REDUX-RELEASE] Ghost Recon: WINTER WILDLANDS REDUX

Congrats buddy!  Its a long hard road to get here.  Have a couple well deserved beers and take a nap.

• Like 1

Just now, johnnyboy said:

Congrats buddy!  Its a long hard road to get here.  Have a couple well deserved beers and take a nap.

You're damn right brotha!!!

Now I know how a mother feel after giving birth to a child....hahahahaha...:drinking2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/3/2018 at 2:08 PM, zagor64bz said:

SORRY if by any chance I left somebody out, but it' 3.45 AM and I'm getting tired..LOL..

So i 'm not the only one , who is not sleeping!!!

Congratulations Zagor for the Release!!

• Haha 1

Cool man! I will play it as soon as I have time, hopefully in the next few days. Looking forward to this.

• Thanks 1

VERSION 0.2 is out!

Changelog:

-REARM system reworked (Now it's in the Teammates GUI)

-Solved a bug that prevent a dismissed teammate to be recruited again.

-ADDED some members biography that was left out .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

hey. so far great mission. Unfortunately, I am having some major stuttering with this game mode. I get to the 1st red circle and attempt to have AI land my crew and so far 3/3 crashes. As the heli starts to land the stuttering / frames just bottleneck and its done. I use i7 with 32 GB RAM and Sata drive.  Ideas? I do not have RPT as my RAM has been RMA for failure. But that was after the fact of trying this mode. I know I had at least 16 GB of active RAM.

Hey bro, glad you like it so far. 

For your stuttering/crashes  problems I really don't know how to help ya. I run Arma on a 6 year old laptop, with i7 2670qm@2.20GHz and 6GB RAM...not exactly a beast. I do get really low FPS and light stuttering sometime, especially when it's snowing and there's AI spawning and some action going on, all at the same time. But it never crash on me, or to none of my testers. Nevertheless, I'm gonna look into it just to be safe. I'll report back ASAP.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

FIRST POST UPDATED WITH GREAT NEWS!!!

Wow such support. You deserve it.

BTW you get my vote for a COOP version.

Maybe lightspeed or some other distinguished COOP vet can show you the ropes.

• Like 1

That's too bad about the carrier. Maybe the AI found the cooler full of beer, got tipsy and fell off the deck? I don't know, I was on the carrier several times and they stayed in line for me, but I know the AI. They were just biding their time.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

That's too bad about the carrier.

Those AI basturds can really get you down.  You might try using Agents instead of units on the carrier.  They tend to move more directly and not wander.  I'm having pretty good success with them in a scenario I'm working on (not on the carrier, but just getting them to move directly where I want them to go).  KillZone Kid did a great post on it and explains why they are more obedient:

http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-agents-how-to/

If you need these AI to deploy with player, then replace them with real units (spawn unit with same face, gear, etrc.) once they board the chopper or whatever.

Also, you can do movie magic as an option, and keep them all in one place, and when its time to board the chopper, just make it a quick cutscene where you black out the screen, force all AI in chopper, then black in the screen again--then you bypass the retarded AI movement.

And another possibility is to place invisible barrier objects (I think they exist in editor?) so when AI walks to edge he bumps into invisible barrier and can't fall off.  Not sure if this is doable or not...just an idea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

And another possibility is to place invisible barrier objects (I think they exist in editor?) so when AI walks to edge he bumps into invisible barrier and can't fall off.  Not sure if this is doable or not...just an idea.

That's all good stuff you posted. As far as invisible barriers, I know they were a thing in Arma 2, but do they exist in 3? Thought I had looked before and not found them, or do they have a new name?

• Like 1

when i was playing i issued a 'stop' command immediately after recruiting and then used the 'board copper' addaction on each of the choppers which automatically moves your squad in. slightly immersion breaking maybe but avoiding any ai's plunging to their doom... perhaps if the carrier was optional you could just disableAI "move" for all team mates (and then enableAI "move" in the 'board chopper' addAction as they get in) to get round this.

It wouldn't solve the problem if you took squad members back to the carrier though so the invisible walls would still be an option.

EDIT: actually johnnyBoy's movie cutscene idea might be cooler eh :D

44 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

place invisible barrier objects (I think they exist in editor?)

wouldn't hideObject do this? simulation is still running when object is hidden i think so any ole wall would do it

Edited by lordfrith
with a hip hop, a hip hip hop, a hippety hop and you don't stop
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

wouldn't hideObject do this? simulation is still running when object is hidden i think so any ole wall would do it

Wow I did not think of that. It's worth a try! You could really corral them in.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Also, you can do movie magic as an option, and keep them all in one place, and when its time to board the chopper, just make it a quick cutscene where you black out the screen, force all AI in chopper, then black in the screen again--then you bypass the retarded AI movement.

Pretty sure this is how he’s handling it now unless it’s changed from the beta test. Board chopper, select the option for AI in your group to board, fade to black, all AI are in the chopper.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Those AI basturds can really get you down.  You might try using Agents instead of units on the carrier.

I don't know anything about that, but I can get into it and see if that may make things better. Thank you Jboy!

51 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

And another possibility is to place invisible barrier objects (I think they exist in editor?) so when AI walks to edge he bumps into invisible barrier and can't fall off.  Not sure if this is doable or not...just an idea

I already try with fences but they still clip through and fall...they even go through the metal walls of the bridge....

19 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

13 minutes ago, lordfrith said:

It wouldn't solve the problem if you took squad members back to the carrier though

THIS is what the problem is. Like you sad, the "get in" the transportation addaction already is taking care of them wondering around and not actually getting in the choppa...but most of the time when you are back on the deck after a mission and "disembark" them those retards like to take a jump in the ocean....

4 hours ago, domokun said:

BTW you get my vote for a COOP version.

Roger that!

13 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Pretty sure this is how he’s handling it now unless it’s changed from the beta test. Board chopper, select the option for AI in your group to board, fade to black, all AI are in the chopper.

:yeahthat:Yap..still like that...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

THIS is what the problem is.

ah yeah... i think there's a way involving setting the units start pos as a variable? i might have a test ;) is this problem solved/avoided for the cinematic option?

39 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

Wow I did not think of that.

well it doesn't work so... :( apparently hideobject removes collision also, maybe if you ran enableCollisionWith forEach unit? testing... EDIT nope that doesn't seem to work either

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks everyone....tested few possible options;

-invisible walls (They do exist and work...sometimes. For player definitely it does..you are boxed in. AI sometimes they stay in, sometimes not. This seem to happen when they DISEMBARK from the choppers, and taking that "walk in line" exiting animation. ):evil:

-fences: same as above.

-teleporting the team when disembarking, same as when they get in, but as soon that they are "free" to roam around they like to go for a swim...basturds..hahahha

If I don't find a way to solve this, I'm gonna be forced to change the mission and get a land base of operations instead.

• Like 3

Was wondering...what about a "getOut" eventHandler to teleport team at the center of the deck? Is it possible to restrict that eventhandler only when inside a specific trigger (ie the carrier deck?)

I don't know anything about eventHadlers..but I can learn....

22 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

This seem to happen when they DISEMBARK from the choppers, and taking that "walk in line" exiting animation.

Was wondering...what about a "getOut" eventHandler to teleport team at the center of the deck? Is it possible to restrict that eventhandler only when inside a specific trigger (ie the carrier deck?)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

When the event handler is called, you can put in any conditional code inside it. Just rough draft:

teamMember5 addEventHandler ["GetOut", {

_role = _this select 1;

_unit = _this select 2;

// something like this, just a rough idea

if (_role == "cargo" && _unit distance AIRCRAFT_CARRIER < 20) then { _unit setPos deckPositionWhateverItIs; };

};

And remember any variable set outside the event handler is out of scope unless it's global, or stored in a namespace or object. For example you could store the deck position for each team member inside that member himself.

Hmmm why this double spaced I don't know.

// if TM5 was team member #5

TM5 setVariable ["deckPosition", _deckPositionForTM5];

// then you could retrieve it later inside the event handler

unit setPos (TM5 getVariable "deckPosition");

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Awesome suggestions....gonna dig into that, although I have the no-carrier summer version quite ready, the carrier version (winter&summer) could benefit!

Thank you AZ..

ps: can't wait to try your campaign out bud!!!

• Like 2

Hey,

Very well done on the mission sir, thoroughly enjoying it so far!

Just wanted to ask, any idea why when trying to select a second weapon the inventory window won't stay open?

Also noticed that there is no ammo in the weapons crate for the Mk17 Sniper.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Remy Lebeau said:

Just wanted to ask, any idea why when trying to select a second weapon the inventory window won't stay open?

No need to open inventory for the second main weapon: 

-after you get the weapon just switch the 2 main weapons using whatever key you have set for AT/AA launcher (in my case is  "3" ). Your player will switch between the two rifles. Or use the scroll menu input "YourRifle on the back" (something like that..lol) and it will switch weapon with your secondary.

Also noticed that there is no ammo in the weapons crate for the Mk17 Sniper.

My bad...will update asap.

Very well done on the mission sir, thoroughly enjoying it so far!

I'm very happy to hear so..after all the whole purposes of building missions is to have people enjoy them. Thank you for playing !!!

• Like 3