zagor64bz

[REDUX-RELEASE] Ghost Recon: WINTER WILDLANDS REDUX

WHILE I'M REALLY THANKFUL TO THE COMMUNITY OR ANYONE WHO'S ENJOYED THE MISSION, I'M REALLY SORRY TO REPORT THAT DUE TO LACK OF TIME AND INTEREST, (HONESTLY GOT A BIT BURNT OUT OF ARMA...)AT THIS TIME THE CAMPAIGN IS NO LONGER FOLLOWED/SUPPORTED BY ME. I'LL GLADLY GIVE PERMISSION TO ANYONE WILLING TO UPGRADE/FIX THE CAMPAIGN. ORIGINAL FILES ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
AGAIN, THANKS TO EVERYONE.
ZAGOR OUT.

V3P7S1g.jpg

REDUX IT'S OUT!!!

Here we go again ladies and gentlemen... ...after extensive work I have REWRITTEN this mini-campaign, cleaned it up and now it runs with good FPS. This is a BETA version, so feel free (actually I encourage you) to report bugs and problems.

Many, MANY thanks to all the community that helped along the way, but a special thanks goes to:

@DÄZ for the AWESOME GUI he made for me

- @crazy mike for the Altis WINTER 2035 Terrain

- @rickoshay for the awesome HALO and Hose clearing scripts and extensive help with the scuba script.

- @pierremgi for the AI revive script, HUD creation.

- @johnnyboy and  @Magirot for the "sink the trawler" script

- @GEORGE FLOROS GR for the supply drop script 

@Grumpy Old Man for the carpet bombing script.

Not to forget:

Leopard20,  

Grezvany13 

Lou Montana

ansin11

IR0NSIGHT

R3vo

Connor

And anyone else always ready to help us mission maker, and the truly inspiring HUNTER SIX CAMPAIGN.

SORRY if by any chance I left somebody out, but it' 3.45 AM and I'm getting tired...LOL.

Here's the link:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2312487711

NEW:

SUMMER EDITION: "GHOST RECON: ALTIS WILDLANDS"

NEEDED MODS:

CBA

CUP Community Faction Projects.

CUP terrain core

Winter Altis 2035

NOTE: Some MODs have their own dependencies.

Please, do NOT upload the mission somewhere else without asking permission. All the content it's free to use for anyone that wants to de-PBO the mission and get pieces of it, as long as you give credit to me and/or to script authors.

HOPE you'll enjoy playing as much as I enjoy making it, and feel free to give feedback, report bugs, or any other issue.

ps: READ THE BRIEFING!!!!

:drinking2:

The Software is distributed without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. This software is not an official add-on or tool. Use of the Software (in whole or in part) is entirely at your own risk. 

This mission is (c) 2018 Zagor64bz rights reserved. 
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) 
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

SITUATION and mission description:

The year 2025: uncontrolled illegal immigration carried out for years in southern Europe and the economic collapse of many Mediterranean countries provide fertile grounds for the rise of organized crime groups. Their growth was undisputed and hardly controllable. Inspired by the newly acquired power, a new generation of Mafia Bosses did the unthinkable, something their grandfathers thought never possible: form an alliance. 

Italian, Russian, and Balkans Mafias instead of fight each other unite in a massive criminal enterprise, a.k.a. 'CERBERUS'' inc... Like the three-headed mythological monster, guardian of the underworld, it keeps peoples in their living hell. Thanks to the resources at their disposal,  they have set their base of operation on an island, Altis, from which they direct illegal weapons, drugs, prostitution, and money laundering business.

The Island's small military force was quickly overthrown by a well-trained and equipped private army, hired by the criminal's coalition. The few local government opponents have been corrupted, threatened, or worse, eliminated. Kidnapping, tortures, public executions are carried out daily to keep the population under control.

The world's governments have decided to end the reign of terror on Altis.  A task force with the best elements from some of the world elite's Special Forces was created: they are the GHOST RECON.

Their mission is to dismantle all operations of the ''CERBERUS'' organized crimes coalition on Altis by cutting the monster heads, in preparation for a major peacekeeping operation.
=============================================================================================================================
This is an open-world dynamic SINGLE PLAYER mini-campaign, sand-box style with multiple objectives with TOTAL freedom on how to execute the tasks.
Main story-driven and SIDE missions tasks, with mini-games, quests, intels searches, sectors clearing, search-and-destroy enemy weapons, drugs, and money caches, and a massive manhunt.

Play as you wish: Be a shadow of death or wreak havoc with the firepower of "USS Freedom" carrier support.

The Campaign is packed with features like: 

-Randomly placed MAIN TASKS, so every new game is different
-GUI-selectable AI Ghost Recon teammates, from worldwide Tier 1 operators.
-GUI-operable heli CAS and TRANSPORT.
-Scuba and SVD map-selectable insertion.
-Immersive player & AI teammates HALO jump, with HALO-gear swap, free-to move inside the plane, and red/green lights effects.  
-CRUISE MISSILES support with custom made "lock-on" HUD, target description, and a confirm target command.
-Cluster bombs air-strike support.
-Supply and vehicle drop with sound fx.
-Boat services from the carrier deck.
-AI auto revive
-Enhanced briefing and tasks overview

And some other fun stuff scattered around the island.

• Like 8

You have been very busy haven't you Zagor!  Looking forward to seeing this.:thumb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

You have been very busy haven't you Zagor!  Looking forward to seeing this.:thumb:

Looks like boomer is in need of a warmer outfit and snow shoes...LOL!!!

Thank you bud,looking forward to release this as well!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

battle Dog "Boomer"

Woohoo!  The real Boomer loved the snow.  Can't wait to see him in snow again...

• Like 1

Just an update..

Things pretty much are going the right direction. I'm testing the new @GEORGE FLOROS GR Cargo Drop Script to easily provide light vehicle and supply upon request. Pretty soon I'm gonna need some good soul willing to test the mission and find out any bugs that come up.

Also, while this is strictly SP, I'm getting a tickle to work on a COOP version...will see.

E.T.A: as now is....ASAP!!:don11:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 3/3/2018 at 12:09 PM, zagor64bz said:

-Selection of team members GUI by @DÄZ

-Transport/cas custom tablet/GUI by @DÄZ

On 3/3/2018 at 12:09 PM, zagor64bz said:

-Dual main weapon script by @ArtyomAbramov

hi zagor, i was looking for these scripts but can't find them, are they packed with mods and included in your mission with permission (or mod dependencies)? I just ask as i fancied playing around with them myself, if they aren't available separately no worries, i got plenty other scripting headaches to keep me busy ;)

2 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

Pretty soon I'm gonna need some good soul willing to test the mission and find out any bugs that come up.

i'll happily do some SP or COOP test runs if and when needed :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lordfrith said:

hi zagor, i was looking for these scripts but can't find them

Hey man, as far as the DAZ gui squad selection, he was so kind to create them just for this mission, but after release I'll share with whoever need them.

For the dual main weapon, I got my hand on a scripted version, no dependency needed, and although I believe is a bit older than the latest one, it works flawlessly. I'll PM that to you, bud.

3 hours ago, lordfrith said:

i'll happily do some SP or COOP test runs if and when needed :D

:yeahthat:..hahahah...I'll be glad if you'll do that!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A little teaser......"REST/SKIP TIME"  Zagor's way!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

I love it!

LOL..you know me and my FXs...hahahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very nice! I look forward to the release: D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alpha is READY!  If someone beside @lordfrith which already enrolled himself as "tester", is willing to help out to ironing out eventual bugs and whatnot, drop me a PM!

• Thanks 1

E.T.A. 3 DAYS...go get some heavy jacket, warm socks and  a bowl of hot chicken soup...

GR: WINTER WILDLANDS IS ALMOST HERE!!!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

GR: WINTER WILDLANDS IS ALMOST HERE!!!! 

2 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Winter is coming...

Guys hold on.., let me give you the current picture of my homelands!

It's not winter yet!!

Lemnos island travel guide

and this will be after the mission start

10896302_1535925106685949_76712134573617

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Looks like that white pickup is pushing the plow!

I'm looking forward to this. Winter map! Boomer dog! Ghost recon action. Exciting times.

• Like 2

UPDATE:

..ALMOST THERE...KEEP TIGHT!

Slight delay due to added features:

-  AUTO-REARM option for the teammates

-  Scuba UDT actions for selected targets

- JDAM strike capabilities (huge damage!!!)

- Feral dog packs to keep you on the lookout when in the woods!

Sadly, BOOMER will NOT be part of this mission. He require some additional training/equipment for the harsh winter ops.Sorry!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Oooh feral dogs -nice touch. Looks like the perfect mission to draw me back to Arma after a long hiatus (*mumbles devs ..fix....AI....)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just think of the AI as fleshy Terminators, I mean it does take place in the future after all. :f:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, lightspeed_aust said:

Congrats on release!

5 hours ago, spotter001 said:

well done, can't wait to try it!

Thank you guys!

• Thanks 1