Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

Beta mi-26

I've noticed the AI has trouble flying it. When you give it a waypoint where it needs to land it flies over the w/p and goes backwards, and it lands kinda hard.

It's more like an alpha than a beta, but By god! its got potential! All doors/ramps work, though as far as flight goes, its about as responsive as a traffic warden to a joke.

Almost totally unusable at the moment, but a good concept demonstrator; cutting edge OFP models will be incorporating these features.

We've just had a glimpse at an amazing future.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Dec. 11 2002,17:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope this is not our MI26. I'm only DL it now. But if it is our stolen model...<span id='postcolor'>

If it is, you probably wouldn't have a hard time making better textures - the green just looks a little too bright IMO...

The rotor-blades tilting up when in flight & down when stationary was one of the small realism issues I miss in OFP, so I'll be very happy if this adddon has overcome that smile.gif

Nope. It's not our model. Our don't have opening ramps and all this bugs exept the speed bug. It is a bug of the game. And we have MUCH more better textures.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Dec. 11 2002,17:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nope. It's not our model. Our don't have opening ramps and all this bugs exept the speed bug. It is a bug of the game. And we have MUCH more better textures.<span id='postcolor'>

Glad to hear it smile.gif I'll hang out for your model I think ... ramps that open are nice, and add some realism, but I'd rather have nicer textures

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr. Snrub @ Dec. 11 2002,11:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Dec. 11 2002,17:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nope. It's not our model. Our don't have opening ramps and all this bugs exept the speed bug. It is a bug of the game. And we have MUCH more better textures.<span id='postcolor'>

Glad to hear it smile.gif I'll hang out for your model I think ... ramps that open are nice, and add some realism, but I'd rather have nicer textures<span id='postcolor'>

I agree with Mr. Snrub. New animations are nice, but not if the exterior and interior textures are bad. I also would rather have no animated ramps and just have very nice textures. Also the handling on the helicopter is VERY bad. Stalker, I hope that your team's Mi-26 flys much better...at least more like the Chinook helicopter. Because this Mi-26 flys very badly. For example when you turn, the helicopter keeps flying sideways. The AI also crashes alot in it by hitting buildings and trees as it tries to land. I'd rather have good flight characteristics (at least like the Chinook's flight characteristics). Also the speed problem is not really a problem. You can simply give a waypoint with the speed set to "limited". This makes it fly much slower if you want to make a mission with it where the helicopter flies at a more realistic speed.

So anyways don't worry too much about the speed issue.

If you guys make your Mi-26 fun to fly (where you can actually turn), and where the textures are very nice and it can carry a lot of troops, then I'll be very happy. Oh... a nice deep helicopter sound would be nice as well so that it thunders as it approaches. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Is it just me, or does that Mi-26 look a little too big? Looking at the scale of it compared to the soldiers, it makes them look like little kids sitting in it.

Our Mi26 has much more better handling. It must be relized a lot time ago but my modeller just can't send it to me. We think of adding all theese ramps to the chopper in version 2.

2762WorldOrder Have you ever seen a real Mi26 or Mi6 ? Me - yes. And it is REALLY HUGE.

LOL @ Mr. Snrub and Major Fubar.......alas...I think the subtlety of this humour and our addiction to Simpsons gags may have been lost on the crowd :-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr. Snrub @ Dec. 11 2002,12wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ramps that open are nice, and add some realism, but I'd rather have nicer textures<span id='postcolor'>

You know, you CAN have both! Geez. <!--emo&wink.gif

But really, if this is the same guy who stole that m109, I´m not surprised at all. Crap, crap, crap.

The point of releasing betas is that you can get feedback and bug reports from people. Do you really need us to tell you that its textures suck and it is virtually uncontrollable? But really, this thing has a LOT of potential  if it is fixed. But I don´t think that "Hawk" visits these forums at all. (prove me wrong?)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Dec. 12 2002,09:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Our Mi26 has much more better handling. It must be relized a lot time ago but my modeller just can't send it to me. We think of adding all theese ramps to the chopper in version 2.

2762WorldOrder Have you ever seen a real Mi26 or Mi6 ? Me - yes. And it is REALLY HUGE.<span id='postcolor'>

He did over size just a bit

http://www.1stspecialoperations.co.uk/_graphics/1.jpg

real size

http://www.b-domke.de/AviationImages/Halo/2053.html

http://www.b-domke.de/AviationImages/Halo/2054.html

http://www.colparair.com/images....001.jpg

http://www.colparair.com/images....004.jpg

http://www.colparair.com/images....005.jpg

http://avia.russian.ee/vertigo/foto/mi-26_1.jpg

http://www.b-domke.de/AviationImages/Halo.html

I put in a few pics just in case someone needs to use them to help make the inside of the chopper xmas.gif

The only part of his that looks bad because of the oversize, is where the pilot seats are.

spec                        metric                 english  

main rotor diameter    32 meters          105 feet

tail rotor diameter      7.61 meters         25 feet

footprint length         40 meters            131 feet 4 inches

fuselage length          33.73 meters       110 feet 8 inches

height to rotor head   8.145 meters        26 feet 9 inches

empty weight            28,100 kilograms   62,000 pounds

max loaded weight     56,000 kilograms   123,500 pounds

maximum speed         295 KPH               185 MPH / 160 KT

service ceiling           4,600 meters        15,100 feet

range, fully loaded     800 kilometers       500 MI / 435 NMI

This is indeed Polish addon, made and still making by hawk. Really this is not even "beta", it is a "working" version, published to demonstrate what would be released later, high, I hope, quality. hawk is also an author of howitzer 2S19.

Like it was said it is only a demonstrator, first published only local, and really this os not place where news about this model would be included. Work, I think, still in progress. More about Mi-26 in Polish www, link somewhere above smile.gif

Yeap. That's look much more better. Too bad we can't update our's as quickly. Me and my modeller is having exams...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Dec. 18 2002,07:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Jeez, this is so confusing. Can we refer to them as CCCP Mi-26 and Other Mi-26 or something?<span id='postcolor'>

let's name one CCCP and the other HAWK

xmas.gif

What version is this Mi-26 for? Just go to their website if you want to download it! I dont know the language but I was able to figure it out anyway! biggrin.gifsad.gifsmile.giftounge.gifwink.gifconfused.gifcrazy.gifmad.gifwow.gif